|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the team members selected?
(a) Based on financial capability.
(b) Based on experience and ability to function.
(c) Based on diversity.
(d) Based on level of ambition and talent.
2. Whom do Herzog and his team find at the end of their retreat?
3. How far away from camp did Herzog collapse?
(a) 200 yards.
(b) Two miles.
(c) 20 yards.
(d) Four miles.
4. Which of the following roles did the expedition not arrange to fill with a specialist?
5. Who visited the climbers' camp?
(a) A woman.
(b) A runaway child.
(c) A lama.
(d) A general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Herzog ask Lachenal and Terray to do?
2. How did the altitude affect Herzog?
3. What did Terray and Lachenal tell Herzog?
4. Who had the final decision about which mountain to climb?
5. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first day of the exploratory expedition up the spur that was identified by Terray and Lachenal.
2. What order did Herzog issue on May 23?
3. Describe the team's first attempts to reconnoiter Dhaulagiri.
4. Describe Herzog and his team's visit from the Buddhist Lama.
5. Describe the time line the expedition was operating on.
6. What would the expedition to Annapurna entail?
7. Describe the tests that Dr. Oudot performed on the men at the beginning of the expedition.
8. What did Herzog find when he returned to Camp III after establishing Camp IV?
9. Describe Herzog and his team's experience with acclimatization.
10. What did Herzog and his team find when they found the Tilicho Pass?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)