|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVI The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herzog ask Ang-Tharkay at Camp V?
(a) To summit with him and Lachenal.
(b) To take more supplies to Camp V.
(c) To carry a message to Terray at Camp III.
(d) To send news to France.
2. How were the team members selected?
(a) Based on experience and ability to function.
(b) Based on level of ambition and talent.
(c) Based on diversity.
(d) Based on financial capability.
3. Where and when does 'Annapurna' begin?
(a) Paris, 1950.
(b) Chamonix, 1950.
(c) Katmandu, 1952.
(d) Annapurna, 1951.
4. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
(a) The Dhaulagiri Glacier.
(b) The north ridge of Dhaulagiri.
(c) The north face of Annapurna.
(d) The east ridge of Dhaulagiri.
5. When did Herzog's will to live return?
(a) When he could no longer feel the pain in his hands and feet.
(b) When he heard about the summit achievement of others.
(c) When he was able to eat again.
(d) When he saw his fellow climbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author's role in the expedition?
2. What was Terray worried about when he greeted Herzog at Camp II?
3. Who visited the climbers' camp?
4. Where did Herzog and Lachenal spend their second night after summitting?
5. Which of the following was used to lower Herzog?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)