|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVI The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like as Herzog and Lachenal were making their way down?
(a) Snow was blowing.
(b) High winds were blowing.
(c) Skies were clear.
(d) It was raining.
2. Which of the following did Dr. Oudot test on the climbers?
(b) Lung capacity.
(d) Their tolerance for different drugs.
3. How far away from camp did Herzog collapse?
(a) Four miles.
(b) 200 yards.
(c) 20 yards.
(d) Two miles.
4. What happened to Herzog as he descended the ice wall that the team encountered?
(a) He was swept up in an avalanche.
(b) He fell.
(c) He lost skin on his fingers.
(d) He lost his gloves.
5. What did Herzog ask Ang-Tharkay at Camp V?
(a) To summit with him and Lachenal.
(b) To send news to France.
(c) To take more supplies to Camp V.
(d) To carry a message to Terray at Camp III.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the state that Couzy, Lachenal, Rebuffat and the others were in when Herzog found them at Camp III after having established Camp IV?
2. Which of the following blocked the ridge to the peak of Dhaulagiri?
3. When did Herzog's will to live return?
4. Which of the following did Herzog and his team get for the first time on May 23?
5. What were Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz looking for when they set out on May 19?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)