|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVI The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
(a) The Pyrenees.
(b) The Adirondacks.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The Rockies.
2. How long did Herzog have before the monsoon would reach the mountains?
(a) A week, maybe two.
(b) A few days.
(c) More than a month.
(d) A couple of weeks.
3. How did Herzog justify the position that he had taken during the May 14 conversation?
(a) He wanted to see if anyone would disobey him.
(b) He wanted to lead the team to his decision on their own.
(c) He wanted to establish a consensus.
(d) He wanted to test his climbers' loyalty.
4. What did Dr. Oudot inject into Herzog and Lachenal?
5. Who went to help Herzog and Lachenal at the edge of the Sickle glacier?
(a) Dr. Oudot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rebuffat and Terray insist upon doing?
2. Who had the final decision about which mountain to climb?
3. When did Herzog decide on Annapurna instead of Dhaulagiri?
4. What did Herzog pack for sustenance on his way back to the camp at Tilicho Pass?
5. How did Herzog feel about Lachenal and Rebuffat's plan?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)