|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV The Crevasse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Herzog and Lachenal have difficulty walking?
(a) Their feet were frostbitten.
(b) They had not eaten.
(c) They were both dehydrated.
(d) They were exhausted.
2. What was the going like from Camp IV?
(a) Ice walls and crevasse fields.
(b) Bare rock.
(c) Steep ice and exposed rock.
(d) Snowfield to the summit.
3. Which of the following did Herzog have to cross in order to get supplies at Manangbhot?
(a) A frozen lake.
(b) A river.
(c) A crevasse field.
(d) A pass.
4. What did Herzog and his team find when they reached the Pass?
(a) A serac.
(b) A crevasse field.
(c) A col.
(d) A lake, and another pass.
5. What was the basis for Dawatondu's complaint when he and Herzog arrived at Camp III?
(a) Extremely cold temperature.
(b) Lack of pay.
(c) Abdominal pains.
(d) Lack of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Rebuffat and Terray concerned about when Herzog returned to camp?
2. What did the visitor tell the climbers?
3. Which of the following actions did the climbers commit themselves to do via oath?
4. In addition to the party, how did Herzog and his team mark their celebration?
5. What did Herzog hear upon returning to camp?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)