|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV The Crevasse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news did Herzog receive from Sherpas?
(a) That Terray had forged ahead.
(b) That Couzy had left himself.
(c) That supplies would be arriving.
(d) That the summit had been cleared for an attempt.
2. How did Herzog and his team help the Sherpas climb on ice?
(a) By cutting steps.
(b) By providing them with better foot gear.
(c) By fixing ropes.
(d) By pulling them up.
3. What were Herzog and his team prevented from doing because of the weather?
(a) Establishing Camp III.
(b) Getting word of their progress back to France.
(c) Returning to Manangbhot for gear.
(d) Establishing Camp II.
4. Who took equipment to Camp II with the Sherpas when Herzog and his team arrived from Base Camp?
5. Which of the following was decided at the May 14 meeting?
(a) To climb Annapurna.
(b) To climb Dhaulagiri.
(c) To keep exploring.
(d) To get more supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was positioned south of Herzog's exploratory expedition route?
2. How did Herzog feel about Lachenal and Rebuffat's plan?
3. What dangers did Herzog and his team encounter during their ascent?
4. What were Herzog and Lachenal astounded to see on their way to Camp III?
5. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)