|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV The Crevasse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herzog and his team do during their first days in Tukucha?
(a) Set up camp.
(b) Arrange passports.
(c) Reconnoiter the mountain.
2. What were Herzog and his team prevented from doing because of the weather?
(a) Returning to Manangbhot for gear.
(b) Establishing Camp II.
(c) Establishing Camp III.
(d) Getting word of their progress back to France.
3. What did Herzog hear upon returning to camp?
(a) Schatz celebrating news from France.
(b) A Sherpa arriving.
(c) Lachenal crying for help.
(d) Rebuffat crying for help.
4. Where did Herzog and Rebuffat camp on May 19?
(a) At an advance campsite that they had set up.
(b) By the river.
(c) On a ledge that they had made.
(d) In the snow.
5. What news did Herzog receive from Sherpas?
(a) That the summit had been cleared for an attempt.
(b) That Terray had forged ahead.
(c) That Couzy had left himself.
(d) That supplies would be arriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stayed with Herzog on May 20?
2. Why was Herzog angry with Schatz?
3. What was Terray's response to the information that Herzog confided in him?
4. Whom did Herzog send to look for the Tilicho Pass?
5. Why had Herzog lost sight of things upon returning to camp?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)