|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI Council of War and VII The Miristi Khola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author's role in the expedition?
(a) To lead the club.
(b) To arrange logistics.
(c) To assemble the team.
(d) To arrange the visas.
2. How many team members were involved in planning the expedition?
3. What did Herzog do when he returned to camp?
(a) Talked with the other climbers.
(b) Explored the route to Annapurna.
(c) Ate and slept.
(d) Returned to Manangbhot.
4. How did the altitude affect Herzog?
(a) He was nauseous and dizzy.
(b) He was sleepy all the time.
(c) He began to experience headaches.
(d) He was not affected.
5. What did Herzog and his men decide after attempting to climb the East Glacier of Dhaulagiri?
(a) That it was too difficult.
(b) That they should not separate from the others.
(c) That it was too easy.
(d) That it was a dead end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to lead Herzog and his team to the Tilicho Pass?
2. What did Herzog and his team find in Manangbhot?
3. Which of the following did Dr. Oudot test on the climbers?
4. What did Herzog and his team do during their first days in Tukucha?
5. Which of the following did Herzog do after Lachenal and Terry set out?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)