|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI Council of War and VII The Miristi Khola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herzog and his team find when they reached the Pass?
(a) A col.
(b) A crevasse field.
(c) A lake, and another pass.
(d) A serac.
2. What did some team members do while Herzog explored an approach to Annapurna?
(a) Buy supplies.
(c) Negotiate with porters.
(d) Look for a route up Dhaulagiri.
3. Which of the following was positioned south of Herzog's exploratory expedition route?
(b) The Tilicho Pass.
(c) The Great Barrier.
4. Which of the following did Herzog have to cross in order to get supplies at Manangbhot?
(a) A frozen lake.
(b) A pass.
(c) A crevasse field.
(d) A river.
5. How many expeditions had tried and failed to ascend higher than 8,000 meters before Herzog's expedition?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to lead Herzog and his team to the Tilicho Pass?
2. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
3. How did Herzog respond to the May 14 consensus?
4. What did Herzog decide based on the information that Lachenal and Terray provided?
5. Which of the following blocked the ridge to the peak of Dhaulagiri?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)