|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI Council of War and VII The Miristi Khola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Herzog have to cross in order to get supplies at Manangbhot?
(a) A pass.
(b) A crevasse field.
(c) A frozen lake.
(d) A river.
2. What did some team members do while Herzog explored an approach to Annapurna?
(a) Buy supplies.
(b) Negotiate with porters.
(c) Look for a route up Dhaulagiri.
3. Which of the following did Herzog do after Lachenal and Terry set out?
(a) Explored other routes.
4. Which of the following roles did the expedition not arrange to fill with a specialist?
5. Which of the following passes afforded Herzog and his team access to Annapurna?
(a) The Angawa Pass.
(b) The Annapurna Pass.
(c) The Tukucha Pass.
(d) The Tilicho Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Miristi Khola?
2. What did Herzog's Nepalese guide tell him about the Tilicho Pass?
3. When did Herzog decide on Annapurna instead of Dhaulagiri?
4. What did Herzog decide based on the information that Lachenal and Terray provided?
5. Which of the following was decided at the May 14 meeting?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)