|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI Council of War and VII The Miristi Khola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herzog do when he returned to camp?
(a) Talked with the other climbers.
(b) Ate and slept.
(c) Returned to Manangbhot.
(d) Explored the route to Annapurna.
2. What was the author's role in the expedition?
(a) To lead the club.
(b) To arrange logistics.
(c) To assemble the team.
(d) To arrange the visas.
3. What did the visitor tell the climbers?
(a) That Annapurna was close by.
(b) That it was not propitious to climb Dhaulagiri.
(c) That they would be renowned for their efforts.
(d) That they would lose one of their team members.
4. What did Herzog's Nepalese guide tell him about the Tilicho Pass?
(a) That it was off limits.
(b) That it was nearby.
(c) That he did not know anything about it.
(d) That it was impassable.
5. How were the team members selected?
(a) Based on experience and ability to function.
(b) Based on level of ambition and talent.
(c) Based on financial capability.
(d) Based on diversity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did people in Tukucha primarily do?
2. Which of the following roles did the expedition not arrange to fill with a specialist?
3. What did some team members do while Herzog explored an approach to Annapurna?
4. How far away from camp did Herzog collapse?
5. What did Herzog and his team find in Manangbhot?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)