|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI Council of War and VII The Miristi Khola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was decided at the May 14 meeting?
(a) To get more supplies.
(b) To climb Dhaulagiri.
(c) To climb Annapurna.
(d) To keep exploring.
2. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
(a) The north ridge of Dhaulagiri.
(b) The Dhaulagiri Glacier.
(c) The north face of Annapurna.
(d) The east ridge of Dhaulagiri.
3. Which of the following actions did the climbers commit themselves to do via oath?
(a) To summit or die.
(b) To obey Herzog.
(c) To reach the summit before another team.
(d) To return alive.
4. What did Herzog and his team meet to decide on May 14?
(a) Whether to abandon the trip.
(b) Where to get supplies.
(c) Which route to take.
(d) How to climb Dhaulagiri.
5. Which of the following was positioned south of Herzog's exploratory expedition route?
(a) The Great Barrier.
(c) The Tilicho Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Herzog have to cross in order to get supplies at Manangbhot?
2. When did Herzog decide on Annapurna instead of Dhaulagiri?
3. To which of the following did Herzog compare the ascent?
4. How many team members were involved in planning the expedition?
5. Who served as doctor during the expedition?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)