|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V Looking for Annapurna.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following blocked the ridge to the peak of Dhaulagiri?
2. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
(a) The Dhaulagiri Glacier.
(b) The north face of Annapurna.
(c) The east ridge of Dhaulagiri.
(d) The north ridge of Dhaulagiri.
3. What was the author's role in the expedition?
(a) To arrange the visas.
(b) To arrange logistics.
(c) To lead the club.
(d) To assemble the team.
4. Where and when does 'Annapurna' begin?
(a) Annapurna, 1951.
(b) Katmandu, 1952.
(c) Chamonix, 1950.
(d) Paris, 1950.
5. What did the visitor tell the climbers?
(a) That Annapurna was close by.
(b) That it was not propitious to climb Dhaulagiri.
(c) That they would be renowned for their efforts.
(d) That they would lose one of their team members.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the altitude affect Herzog?
2. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
3. Which of the following did Dr. Oudot test on the climbers?
4. What did Herzog and his team find when they reached the Pass?
5. Who offered to lead Herzog and his team to the Tilicho Pass?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)