|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII In the Woods of Lete.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Herzog's physical condition for the descent?
(a) He was delirious.
(b) He was blind.
(c) His feet were useless.
(d) His hands were useless.
2. How did Herzog feel about his team's chances of being able to summit?
3. What had Herzog lost sight of upon returning to camp?
(a) The approaching simoom.
(b) The damage that he had done to his hands and feet.
(c) The approaching monsoon.
(d) The poor state of morale among the other climbers.
4. What were the climbers covered by in the morning?
(a) Blown snow.
(b) Avalanche snow.
(d) Fresh snow.
5. Which of the following approaches to Annapurna did Herzog explore himself?
(a) The Tilicho Pass.
(c) The East Glacier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Herzog and Lachenal spend the night after summitting?
2. Where did Herzog blaze a trail from Camp III?
3. What news did the Sherpa relay toHerzog as he was climbing along the Great Barrier?
4. Who stayed with Herzog on May 20?
5. When did Herzog's will to live return?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)