|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XII The Assault and XIII The Third of June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was Camp IV?
(a) 27,000 feet.
(b) 25,000 feet.
(c) 23,500 feet.
(d) 22,000 feet.
2. What news did the Sherpa relay toHerzog as he was climbing along the Great Barrier?
(a) That Lachenal and Rebuffat had retreated.
(b) That Lachenal had hurt himself.
(c) That Lachenal and Rebuffat had camped.
(d) That a snowstorm had stopped Lachenal and Rebuffat.
3. How did Herzog and his team help the Sherpas climb on ice?
(a) By providing them with better foot gear.
(b) By pulling them up.
(c) By fixing ropes.
(d) By cutting steps.
4. What was the weather like when Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz set out up the spur?
5. What were Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz looking for when they set out on May 19?
(a) A site for a camp.
(b) A village with Sherpas.
(c) A route to the Tilicho Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Herzog establish Camp III?
2. What did Rebuffat and Terray insist upon doing?
3. Which of the following best describes the state that Couzy, Lachenal, Rebuffat and the others were in when Herzog found them at Camp III after having established Camp IV?
4. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
5. How did Herzog and Rebuffat set out to join their team?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)