|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XII The Assault and XIII The Third of June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herzog ask Lachenal and Terray to do?
(a) To obtain supplies.
(b) To set up an advance camp.
(c) To write to France with updates.
(d) To take letters to Tukucha.
2. Why did Herzog and his team celebrate with a party on May 24?
(a) They were celebrating a French holiday.
(b) They were celebrating the progress that they had made.
(c) They were celebrating having discovered a promising route.
(d) They were celebrating Herzog's birthday.
3. What did Herzog and his men decide after attempting to climb the East Glacier of Dhaulagiri?
(a) That it was a dead end.
(b) That they should not separate from the others.
(c) That it was too difficult.
(d) That it was too easy.
4. Which of the following was decided at the May 14 meeting?
(a) To climb Dhaulagiri.
(b) To get more supplies.
(c) To keep exploring.
(d) To climb Annapurna.
5. Which of the following statements best reflects Rebuffat's thoughts on May 20 in relation to pressing on?
(a) He wanted to press on.
(b) He wanted to go back.
(c) He wanted to wait for Lachenal and Schatz.
(d) He wanted to wait to see how the weather had changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terray and Lachenal tell Herzog?
2. What state was Camp IV in when Rebuffat and Terray reached it?
3. What did Herzog reply when Lachenal asked him what he would do if he (Lachenal) were to turn back?
4. What did Herzog and his team meet to decide on May 14?
5. What were conditions like when Herzog continued up the spur on May 21?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)