|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XII The Assault and XIII The Third of June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did people in Tukucha primarily do?
(a) Guide mountain climbers.
(b) Herd cattle.
(c) Smuggle opium.
(d) Spin and weave goat hair.
2. What was the consensus of the May 14 meeting?
(a) To climb Dhaulagiri.
(b) To keep exploring.
(c) To abandon Dhaulagiri.
(d) To return home.
3. What was the weather like when Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz set out up the spur?
4. What did Herzog and his men decide after attempting to climb the East Glacier of Dhaulagiri?
(a) That it was a dead end.
(b) That it was too difficult.
(c) That they should not separate from the others.
(d) That it was too easy.
5. Which of the following blocked the ridge to the peak of Dhaulagiri?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Herzog and Rebuffat set out to join their team?
2. How did Herzog feel about his team's chances of being able to summit?
3. Where did Herzog blaze a trail from Camp III?
4. In addition to the party, how did Herzog and his team mark their celebration?
5. Who was in favor of continuing on, after Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz reached a wide ledge on May 20?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)