|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XII The Assault and XIII The Third of June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had the final decision about which mountain to climb?
(d) The majority of the team.
2. Who visited the climbers' camp?
(a) A general.
(b) A woman.
(c) A runaway child.
(d) A lama.
3. What did Herzog and his team do during their first days in Tukucha?
(a) Reconnoiter the mountain.
(b) Set up camp.
(d) Arrange passports.
4. Which of the following best describes the Miristi Khola?
(a) A river.
(b) A town.
(c) A mountain pass.
(d) A mountain.
5. What did Herzog's Nepalese guide tell him about the Tilicho Pass?
(a) That it was nearby.
(b) That it was off limits.
(c) That it was impassable.
(d) That he did not know anything about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Herzog ask Ang-Tharkay at Camp V?
2. How did Herzog and Rebuffat set out to join their team?
3. What did Herzog reply when Lachenal asked him what he would do if he (Lachenal) were to turn back?
4. Which of the following statements best reflects Herzog's thoughts on May 20 in relation to pressing on?
5. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)