|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XII The Assault and XIII The Third of June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Sherpas stay when Lachenal and Herzog stayed at Camp IV?
(a) At Base Camp.
(b) At Camp II.
(c) At Camp III.
(d) At Camp V.
2. What news did the Sherpa relay toHerzog as he was climbing along the Great Barrier?
(a) That Lachenal and Rebuffat had camped.
(b) That a snowstorm had stopped Lachenal and Rebuffat.
(c) That Lachenal and Rebuffat had retreated.
(d) That Lachenal had hurt himself.
3. Who visited the climbers' camp?
(a) A general.
(b) A runaway child.
(c) A woman.
(d) A lama.
4. Which of the following blocked the ridge to the peak of Dhaulagiri?
5. What did Herzog decide based on the information that Lachenal and Terray provided?
(a) To climb up the spur and make camp.
(b) To return for supplies.
(c) To keep exploring.
(d) To launch a summit bid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Herzog justify the position that he had taken during the May 14 conversation?
2. Who stayed with Herzog on May 20?
3. Which of the following statements best reflects Rebuffat's thoughts on May 20 in relation to pressing on?
4. What was the consensus of the May 14 meeting?
5. What gear did Herzog lose after reaching the summit?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)