Chapter I Preparations and Chapter II The Himalaya
1. Where and when does 'Annapurna' begin?
(a) Chamonix, 1950.
(b) Katmandu, 1952.
(c) Annapurna, 1951.
(d) Paris, 1950.
2. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
(a) The Adirondacks.
(b) The Pyrenees.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The Rockies.
3. What was the author's role in the expedition?
(a) To assemble the team.
(b) To lead the club.
(c) To arrange the visas.
(d) To arrange logistics.
4. How many team members were involved in planning the expedition?
5. How were the team members selected?
(a) Based on diversity.
(b) Based on level of ambition and talent.
(c) Based on experience and ability to function.
(d) Based on financial capability.
6. Which of the following roles did the expedition not arrange to fill with a specialist?
7. Who served as doctor during the expedition?
(a) Jacques Oudot.
(b) Jean Couzy.
(c) Marcel Schatz.
(d) Louis Lachenal.
8. How many expeditions had tried and failed to ascend higher than 8,000 meters before Herzog's expedition?
9. How long was the trek into Tukucha, Nepal?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
This section contains 4,888 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)