|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris say is a million times worse than being a sailor?
2. When Chris returns to the cabin when Anna and Burke are embracing in Act 4, what expression first appears in his eye?
3. What does Chris say he wants to do after he gets his tin of beer from the bedroom?
4. What religion does Chris say his family was in Sweden?
5. What does Burke say he needs to drink in order to "wash that black kiss of yours off my lips"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Chris's view of the sea and its "dirty ole tricks." Why does he blame his problems on the sea?
Essay Topic 2
When Burke hears about Anna's past life, he blames her for destroying him. In your opinion, what does this reveal about Burke's character? Does his harsh judgment of Anna's past behavior reflect on him poorly? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the play is titled "Anna Christie"? What is the significance of using the name Anna chose in her past life? How does this title suggest that Anna's life should not just be considered in terms of her present, but also in terms of her past?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)