|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's physical appearance when she waits with her packed suitcase?
2. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
3. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
5. What is Burke about to do when he stops because he feels very doubtful about Anna's oath in Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anna's childhood and life in St. Paul. What led her to run away and eventually become a prostitute? What are her feelings about men in general before she meets Burke?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Chris takes responsibilities for his past failures? What does it say about him that he covers his ears when Anna is telling him about the horrors of her past? How does he accept responsibility in the final Act of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the central conflict between Burke and Chris. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other? Provide textual examples to explain their conflict and how they resolve it.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)