|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
2. What expression does Anna have in her eyes as she looks at Burke when he is rushing toward her in Act 3?
3. What caused the red bruise on Burke's forehead?
4. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
5. What does Chris attack Burke with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the ending of the play reveal a feeling of foreboding? What do Burke and Chris say about their future on the sea? Does Anna sense this foreboding and choose to ignore it? How?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Chris takes responsibilities for his past failures? What does it say about him that he covers his ears when Anna is telling him about the horrors of her past? How does he accept responsibility in the final Act of the play?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)