|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
2. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
3. What does Anna tell Burke has changed her in Act 3?
4. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
5. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Chris not want Anna to marry Burke? What does he worry about if she marries a sailor? How does his own personal experience with marriage color his attitude about sea faring men and their wives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of fog in the play. How does O'Neill use it as a metaphor for both opportunity and uncertainty?
Essay Topic 3
When Burke hears about Anna's past life, he blames her for destroying him. In your opinion, what does this reveal about Burke's character? Does his harsh judgment of Anna's past behavior reflect on him poorly? Why or why not?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)