|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
2. What is the time when Act 4 begins?
3. What does Burke have in his hands when he rushes toward Anna in Act 3?
4. What explanation does Burke give for why he and Chris were fighting?
5. What does Anna tell Burke has changed her in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the central conflict between Burke and Chris. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other? Provide textual examples to explain their conflict and how they resolve it.
Essay Topic 2
Does it seem believable that Burke concluded that he wanted to marry Anna after such a short acquaintance? How does a romantic vision fuel his decision? Do you think he knows Anna well enough to determine the kind of person she is? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Anna? How does she bring out the best in Chris and Burke? Does she seem like a strong person? Why or why not?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)