|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris do after Anna says to him he should have had her with him when she was a child?
2. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
3. What caused the red bruise on Burke's forehead?
4. What is Burke about to do when he stops because he feels very doubtful about Anna's oath in Act 4?
5. What does Burke say he needs to drink in order to "wash that black kiss of yours off my lips"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the ways in which you see Anna acting as an independent woman who can take care of herself. What is her reaction when Chris and Burke begin ordering her around? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Chris not want Anna to marry Burke? What does he worry about if she marries a sailor? How does his own personal experience with marriage color his attitude about sea faring men and their wives?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)