|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
2. What does Anna call Chris when she is angry about him making things worse in Act 3?
3. What is Anna's physical appearance when she waits with her packed suitcase?
4. When does Burke say he and Anna will wed in Act 4?
5. What does Anna say it is time for Burke and Chris to do at the end of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Anna's childhood and life in St. Paul. What led her to run away and eventually become a prostitute? What are her feelings about men in general before she meets Burke?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Marthy's character. How does she seem to be a person of strength and compassion? In what ways does she show her thoughtfulness toward Chris when Anna arrives in New York?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)