|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
2. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Chris say he wants to do after he gets his tin of beer from the bedroom?
4. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
5. What is Anna's physical appearance when she waits with her packed suitcase?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of fog in the play. How does O'Neill use it as a metaphor for both opportunity and uncertainty?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the central conflict between Burke and Chris. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other? Provide textual examples to explain their conflict and how they resolve it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)