|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris go into his room and retrieve before he leaves the barge in Act 3?
2. What does Anna tell Burke has changed her in Act 3?
3. What does Anna do to Chris when she tells him "Don't go to sleep, Old Man!"?
4. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
5. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Chris not want Anna to marry Burke? What does he worry about if she marries a sailor? How does his own personal experience with marriage color his attitude about sea faring men and their wives?
Essay Topic 2
Exploitation of women is evident in Anna Christie. How does O'Neill present this theme in the play, and how does Anna fight against it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of forgiveness in Anna Christie. Do you think Anna easily forgives her father for his failure to protect her as a child? Why does Anna tell Burke he must forgive and forget?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)