|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What toast does Anna make that Burke drinks to in the last scene of the play?
2. What is Anna's physical appearance when she waits with her packed suitcase?
3. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
4. Where does Anna go when she leaves the cabin after she tells Chris she will not marry Burke?
5. Why does Anna push Chris out of the way in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Exploitation of women is evident in Anna Christie. How does O'Neill present this theme in the play, and how does Anna fight against it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chris's view of the sea and its "dirty ole tricks." Why does he blame his problems on the sea?
Essay Topic 3
How does the ending of the play reveal a feeling of foreboding? What do Burke and Chris say about their future on the sea? Does Anna sense this foreboding and choose to ignore it? How?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)