|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
2. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
3. Where does Anna wish she were in the beginning of Act 3?
4. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
5. When does Burke say he and Anna will wed in Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Exploitation of women is evident in Anna Christie. How does O'Neill present this theme in the play, and how does Anna fight against it?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the play is titled "Anna Christie"? What is the significance of using the name Anna chose in her past life? How does this title suggest that Anna's life should not just be considered in terms of her present, but also in terms of her past?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)