|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
2. What does Anna tell Burke and Chris that stuns both men in Act 3?
3. What is the weather in Act 4?
4. What is Burke wearing at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Anna do to Chris when she tells him "Don't go to sleep, Old Man!"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does it seem believable that Burke concluded that he wanted to marry Anna after such a short acquaintance? How does a romantic vision fuel his decision? Do you think he knows Anna well enough to determine the kind of person she is? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Anna reveal the secret of her past to Burke and Chris? What does she say she was going to do instead? What are the consequences of her revelation?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the ways in which you see Anna acting as an independent woman who can take care of herself. What is her reaction when Chris and Burke begin ordering her around? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)