|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
2. When Chris returns to the cabin when Anna and Burke are embracing in Act 4, what expression first appears in his eye?
3. What does Anna tell Burke and Chris that stuns both men in Act 3?
4. What does Anna say to Burke about Chris going back to sea?
5. What are Chris and Burke's reactions in Act 4 when Anna informs them about what they will be doing together the next morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of man versus nature in Anna Christie. How does Burke describe his survival at sea? What stories does Chris share about men overcoming the challenges of the sea?
Essay Topic 2
Exploitation of women is evident in Anna Christie. How does O'Neill present this theme in the play, and how does Anna fight against it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Marthy's character. How does she seem to be a person of strength and compassion? In what ways does she show her thoughtfulness toward Chris when Anna arrives in New York?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)