|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris want to leave the barge to go and get at the end of Act 3?
2. What does Chris say is a million times worse than being a sailor?
3. What does Anna say just before throwing herself into a chair and sobbing hysterically in Act 3?
4. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
5. Why did Anna return to the cabin after buying a train ticket?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ways in which you see Anna acting as an independent woman who can take care of herself. What is her reaction when Chris and Burke begin ordering her around? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of forgiveness in Anna Christie. Do you think Anna easily forgives her father for his failure to protect her as a child? Why does Anna tell Burke he must forgive and forget?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Anna's childhood and life in St. Paul. What led her to run away and eventually become a prostitute? What are her feelings about men in general before she meets Burke?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)