Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
2. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Chris say he wants to do after he gets his tin of beer from the bedroom?
4. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
5. What is Anna's physical appearance when she waits with her packed suitcase?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the play is titled "Anna Christie"? What is the significance of using the name Anna chose in her past life? How does this title suggest that Anna's life should not just be considered in terms of her present, but also in terms of her past?
Essay Topic 2
Exploitation of women is evident in Anna Christie. How does O'Neill present this theme in the play, and how does Anna fight against it?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anna change in this play? What helps create her transformation? Use textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)