|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris do after Anna says to him he should have had her with him when she was a child?
2. What does Burke say he needs to drink in order to "wash that black kiss of yours off my lips"?
3. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
4. How does Chris respond when Burke says to Anna "I'll be killing you now"?
5. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Chris's view of the sea and its "dirty ole tricks." Why does he blame his problems on the sea?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the play is titled "Anna Christie"? What is the significance of using the name Anna chose in her past life? How does this title suggest that Anna's life should not just be considered in terms of her present, but also in terms of her past?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)