Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
2. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Chris say he wants to do after he gets his tin of beer from the bedroom?
4. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
5. What is Anna's physical appearance when she waits with her packed suitcase?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anna's childhood and life in St. Paul. What led her to run away and eventually become a prostitute? What are her feelings about men in general before she meets Burke?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of man versus nature in Anna Christie. How does Burke describe his survival at sea? What stories does Chris share about men overcoming the challenges of the sea?
Essay Topic 3
When Burke hears about Anna's past life, he blames her for destroying him. In your opinion, what does this reveal about Burke's character? Does his harsh judgment of Anna's past behavior reflect on him poorly? Why or why not?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)