|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds can be heard at the beginning of Act 4?
2. How many days have passed between the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4?
3. How does Anna describe Paul's physical appearance?
4. What does Burke say he is going to do so he will never see Anna again?
5. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Chris takes responsibilities for his past failures? What does it say about him that he covers his ears when Anna is telling him about the horrors of her past? How does he accept responsibility in the final Act of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Burke returns to talk with Anna again. What is he hoping he will hear from her? How does he take a leap of faith and believe her when she says she has never loved another man? How does he need to believe he has changed her in order to love her?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Anna? How does she bring out the best in Chris and Burke? Does she seem like a strong person? Why or why not?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)