|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna describe Paul's physical appearance?
2. How many days have passed between the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4?
3. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
5. What does Anna say she will have ready for them when they return from sea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Anna reveal the secret of her past to Burke and Chris? What does she say she was going to do instead? What are the consequences of her revelation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the ways in which you see Anna acting as an independent woman who can take care of herself. What is her reaction when Chris and Burke begin ordering her around? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)