|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Burke's picture appear in Boston?
2. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
3. What does Burke tell Anna that she has done to him after she tells him about her past?
4. When does Burke say he and Anna will wed in Act 4?
5. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does it seem believable that Burke concluded that he wanted to marry Anna after such a short acquaintance? How does a romantic vision fuel his decision? Do you think he knows Anna well enough to determine the kind of person she is? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of fog in the play. How does O'Neill use it as a metaphor for both opportunity and uncertainty?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the ways in which you see Anna acting as an independent woman who can take care of herself. What is her reaction when Chris and Burke begin ordering her around? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)