|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
2. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
3. What religion does Burke ask if Anna is?
4. What does Chris plan to do with all the money he makes working on the steamer?
5. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Burke's impact on Anna. How does he influence her in a positive way? How does she see him as a worthwhile man?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Marthy's character. How does she seem to be a person of strength and compassion? In what ways does she show her thoughtfulness toward Chris when Anna arrives in New York?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Chris takes responsibilities for his past failures? What does it say about him that he covers his ears when Anna is telling him about the horrors of her past? How does he accept responsibility in the final Act of the play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)