|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
2. What sounds can be heard at the beginning of Act 4?
3. How does Chris respond when Burke says to Anna "I'll be killing you now"?
4. What is the time when Act 4 begins?
5. What order does Burke give Anna in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of man versus nature in Anna Christie. How does Burke describe his survival at sea? What stories does Chris share about men overcoming the challenges of the sea?
Essay Topic 2
Does it seem believable that Burke concluded that he wanted to marry Anna after such a short acquaintance? How does a romantic vision fuel his decision? Do you think he knows Anna well enough to determine the kind of person she is? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chris's view of the sea and its "dirty ole tricks." Why does he blame his problems on the sea?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)