|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
2. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
3. What expression is Chris wearing when he returns to the cabin from his bedroom with his tin of beer?
4. What does Chris plan to do with all the money he makes working on the steamer?
5. How does Anna describe Paul's physical appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the central conflict between Burke and Chris. What intensifies their anger and causes them to lash out at each other? Provide textual examples to explain their conflict and how they resolve it.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Anna reveal the secret of her past to Burke and Chris? What does she say she was going to do instead? What are the consequences of her revelation?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of man versus nature in Anna Christie. How does Burke describe his survival at sea? What stories does Chris share about men overcoming the challenges of the sea?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)