|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
2. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
3. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
4. What has happened to Burke's clothes in Act 4?
5. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ways in which you see Anna acting as an independent woman who can take care of herself. What is her reaction when Chris and Burke begin ordering her around? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Anna? How does she bring out the best in Chris and Burke? Does she seem like a strong person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anna change in this play? What helps create her transformation? Use textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)