|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
2. What did Anna travel in to visit Chris?
3. Where did Anna run away to?
4. What does Chris call himself in Act 2 for bringing Anna on the voyage?
5. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chris's reaction to seeing Anna and Burke in conversation.
2. Why does Anna tells Burke "good-by" after saying she loves him?
3. Describe Burke's response to Anna's comments that she has changed.
4. Describe Chris's physical and emotional state when he returns to the cabin after two days.
5. Why does Anna become a prostitute in Minnesota?
6. Describe what Anna reveals about her past to Chris and Burke.
7. How does Chris respond to Anna's accusations that he abandoned her?
8. Describe Chris and Anna's reunion.
9. Why does Chris change his mind and tell Burke him and Anna should marry after all?
10. What is Anna planning at the beginning of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marthy's character. How does she seem to be a person of strength and compassion? In what ways does she show her thoughtfulness toward Chris when Anna arrives in New York?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of man versus nature in Anna Christie. How does Burke describe his survival at sea? What stories does Chris share about men overcoming the challenges of the sea?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Anna? How does she bring out the best in Chris and Burke? Does she seem like a strong person? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)