|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke say he would believe about Anna if he were sure she is telling him the truth in Act 4?
(a) That she just got a job as a newspaper delivery girl.
(b) That she is still nineteen.
(c) That she went to college.
(d) That she has changed.
2. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
(d) Rabbit foot.
3. What does Burke say that he and Anna will be happy in spite of?
(a) Her worries about being alone.
(b) Her worries that she will not find a house to live in.
(c) The curse of the sea.
(d) The devil.
4. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
(d) More time in the city.
5. What does Anna say she will have ready for them when they return from sea?
(a) A new suit.
(c) Proper gloves and scarves.
(d) A little house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
2. What does Anna say to Burke about Chris going back to sea?
3. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Chris change his mind about regarding Anna in Act 3?
5. What is Anna holding but not reading while sitting in the rocking chair in the cabin?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)