|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna say that Burke has to go back to sea at the end of the play?
(a) She wants to be alone.
(b) She is taking a trip to China.
(c) They will need the money.
(d) She doesn't have a place for them to live yet.
2. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
(a) The baby of the family.
(b) A strong person.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) A doll.
3. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
(c) The Sea Serpent.
(d) The Knickerbocker.
4. Where does Anna go when she leaves the cabin after she tells Chris she will not marry Burke?
(b) End of the dock.
5. What does Anna say just before throwing herself into a chair and sobbing hysterically in Act 3?
(a) Her favorite necklace is missing.
(b) She hates men.
(c) She cannot remember her mother.
(d) She feels sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
2. What does Anna call Chris when she is angry about him making things worse in Act 3?
3. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
4. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
5. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)