|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order does Burke give Anna in Act 3?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Stop whining.
(c) Get dressed quickly so they can go ashore.
(d) Sit down.
2. What does Chris attack Burke with?
3. What does Chris say he wants to do after he gets his tin of beer from the bedroom?
(a) Drink a toast.
(b) Have a party with the other sailors.
(c) Dump his drink into the ocean.
(d) Ask Anna to unlock the safe where she keeps the beer.
4. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
(b) Sea birds.
(d) Another ship.
5. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
(a) His parents are in town.
(b) He will marry Anna by day's end.
(c) He is getting a new job.
(d) He has decided to go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris say is a million times worse than being a sailor?
2. Why does Anna think it is funny when Burke tells her he signed up to work on a steamer?
3. Where does Anna go when she leaves the cabin after she tells Chris she will not marry Burke?
4. Why does Anna tell Chris she will not marry Burke at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is the time when Act 4 begins?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)