|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
(a) Clicking noises.
(b) Harsh growl.
(c) A Laugh like a seal.
(d) He whimpers like a child.
2. Why did Anna return to the cabin after buying a train ticket?
(a) She wanted to leave a note for Chris.
(b) She forgot her suitcase.
(c) She left her train ticket in her bureau.
(d) To wait for Burke.
3. When does Burke say to Anna "To the divil with all other reasons then. They don't matter to me at all"?
(a) After she tells him about her past.
(b) Before she kisses him.
(c) At the end of Act 3.
(d) Before she reveals her past to him.
4. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
(a) His parents are in town.
(b) He will marry Anna by day's end.
(c) He has decided to go to college.
(d) He is getting a new job.
5. What is the setting at the opening of Act 3?
(c) New Bedford.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Burke say he and Anna will wed in Act 4?
2. What job did Chris get on a steamer that sets sail the next day?
3. What does Chris go into his room and retrieve before he leaves the barge in Act 3?
4. What explanation does Burke give for why he and Chris were fighting?
5. What is Burke about to do when he stops because he feels very doubtful about Anna's oath in Act 4?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)