|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke tell Anna that she has done to him after she tells him about her past?
(a) He can no longer pray.
(b) She has made him sad.
(c) He feels happy.
(d) That she has destroyed him.
2. What does Anna say she will have ready for them when they return from sea?
(a) A little house.
(b) A new suit.
(c) Proper gloves and scarves.
3. What is Anna holding but not reading while sitting in the rocking chair in the cabin?
4. Why does Anna push Chris out of the way in Act 3?
(a) She doesn't want him interfering.
(b) She is trying to save him.
(c) She saw Burke was trying to hurt him.
(d) She is afraid for him.
5. What does Burke say that he and Anna will be happy in spite of?
(a) The curse of the sea.
(b) The devil.
(c) Her worries about being alone.
(d) Her worries that she will not find a house to live in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna tell Chris she will not marry Burke at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Why does Anna say that Burke has to go back to sea at the end of the play?
3. What does Burke say he will take in place of Anna's oath if it turns out not to be a proper one?
4. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
5. What has happened to Burke's clothes in Act 4?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)