|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna say that Burke has to go back to sea at the end of the play?
(a) She doesn't have a place for them to live yet.
(b) She is taking a trip to China.
(c) They will need the money.
(d) She wants to be alone.
2. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
(c) The deckhand.
3. When Chris returns to the cabin when Anna and Burke are embracing in Act 4, what expression first appears in his eye?
4. What does Chris change his mind about regarding Anna in Act 3?
(a) His choice of drinks.
(b) That Anna should marry Burke.
(c) The boat's direction.
(d) Anna's chores.
5. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
(a) Clicking noises.
(b) A Laugh like a seal.
(c) Harsh growl.
(d) He whimpers like a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna push Chris out of the way in Act 3?
2. What sounds can be heard at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What does Burke say that he and Anna will be happy in spite of?
4. Why does Anna think it is funny when Burke tells her he signed up to work on a steamer?
5. When Chris takes off his coat and lets it drop on the floor, what does Anna discover in the pocket?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)