|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke say he would believe about Anna if he were sure she is telling him the truth in Act 4?
(a) That she has changed.
(b) That she went to college.
(c) That she just got a job as a newspaper delivery girl.
(d) That she is still nineteen.
2. What does Burke say that he and Anna will be happy in spite of?
(a) The curse of the sea.
(b) The devil.
(c) Her worries about being alone.
(d) Her worries that she will not find a house to live in.
3. At the end of Act 3, who does Chris blame for having to learn about Anna's past?
(a) Anna's mother.
(b) The sea and its dirty tricks.
(d) The fog.
4. When does Burke say he and Anna will wed in Act 4?
(b) The next morning.
(c) In three days.
(d) That night.
5. What does Burke say he needs to drink in order to "wash that black kiss of yours off my lips"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris say he wants to do after he gets his tin of beer from the bedroom?
2. What does Anna say to Burke about Chris going back to sea?
3. What does Chris say is a million times worse than being a sailor?
4. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
5. What does Anna say to Burke after she has kissed him in Act 3?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)