|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke say he will take in place of Anna's oath if it turns out not to be a proper one?
(a) Her word for it.
(b) A letter from a witness.
(c) Her written statement.
(d) The decision of a judge.
2. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
(c) Old guy.
(d) Old ape.
3. What does Chris plan to do with all the money he makes working on the steamer?
(a) Spend it on fun.
(b) Save it for a rainy day.
(c) Pay it all to Anna.
(d) Send it to Anna's cousin.
4. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
(a) Harsh growl.
(b) Clicking noises.
(c) He whimpers like a child.
(d) A Laugh like a seal.
5. Why does Anna say that Burke has to go back to sea at the end of the play?
(a) She doesn't have a place for them to live yet.
(b) She wants to be alone.
(c) She is taking a trip to China.
(d) They will need the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, who does Chris blame for having to learn about Anna's past?
2. What does Anna say it is time for Burke and Chris to do at the end of Act 4?
3. How does Chris respond when Burke says to Anna "I'll be killing you now"?
4. What caused the red bruise on Burke's forehead?
5. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)