|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
(a) His parents are in town.
(b) He is getting a new job.
(c) He has decided to go to college.
(d) He will marry Anna by day's end.
2. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She wants to send him a card.
(d) He was good to her.
3. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She will not be alone as she plans to stay in a hotel.
(c) She would rather be with everyone on the steamer.
(d) Being alone runs in her family and she will get used to it.
4. What does Chris say he wants to do after he gets his tin of beer from the bedroom?
(a) Ask Anna to unlock the safe where she keeps the beer.
(b) Have a party with the other sailors.
(c) Drink a toast.
(d) Dump his drink into the ocean.
5. When does Burke say to Anna "To the divil with all other reasons then. They don't matter to me at all"?
(a) Before she reveals her past to him.
(b) At the end of Act 3.
(c) Before she kisses him.
(d) After she tells him about her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, who does Chris blame for having to learn about Anna's past?
2. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
3. How many days have passed between the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4?
4. Why did Anna return to the cabin after buying a train ticket?
5. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)