|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the red bruise on Burke's forehead?
(b) His hat was too tight.
(c) Ran into a door.
2. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
(a) She hated him.
(b) He was good to her.
(c) She misses him.
(d) She wants to send him a card.
3. What reason does Chris give Burke about why he doesn't want Anna to leave him all alone?
(a) His eyesight is failing.
(b) He has arthritis.
(c) He has no friends.
(d) He is old and has not had much time with her.
4. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
(b) More time in the city.
5. What does Burke make Anna swear that she is telling the truth about?
(a) Her age.
(b) Her religion.
(c) He is the only man she has ever loved.
(d) The amount of money she has in the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say just before throwing herself into a chair and sobbing hysterically in Act 3?
2. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
3. Where is Cape Town located?
4. What is Burke about to do when he stops because he feels very doubtful about Anna's oath in Act 4?
5. What does Burke have in his hands when he rushes toward Anna in Act 3?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)