|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say just before throwing herself into a chair and sobbing hysterically in Act 3?
(a) She cannot remember her mother.
(b) She hates men.
(c) She feels sick.
(d) Her favorite necklace is missing.
2. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
3. What does Burke say he would believe about Anna if he were sure she is telling him the truth in Act 4?
(a) That she went to college.
(b) That she is still nineteen.
(c) That she has changed.
(d) That she just got a job as a newspaper delivery girl.
4. What does Anna tell Burke has changed her in Act 3?
(a) A new hairstyle.
(b) Having time to meditate.
(c) The sea.
5. What order does Burke give Anna in Act 3?
(a) Get dressed quickly so they can go ashore.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Stop whining.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chris interrupts Anna and Burke's embrace in Act 4, what does Burke do?
2. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
3. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
4. Why does Anna tell Chris she will not marry Burke at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)