|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
(b) The deckhand.
2. What is Anna holding but not reading while sitting in the rocking chair in the cabin?
3. Why did Anna return to the cabin after buying a train ticket?
(a) She wanted to leave a note for Chris.
(b) To wait for Burke.
(c) She forgot her suitcase.
(d) She left her train ticket in her bureau.
4. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
(a) He will marry Anna by day's end.
(b) He is getting a new job.
(c) He has decided to go to college.
(d) His parents are in town.
5. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
(a) Twists his arm behind his back.
(b) Trips him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
2. What does Burke say he will take in place of Anna's oath if it turns out not to be a proper one?
3. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
4. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
5. What does Burke make Anna swear that she is telling the truth about?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)