|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marthy reveal to Anna?
(a) The best place to stay in town.
(b) The secret ingredient for her favorite drink.
(c) Directions to the closest city.
(d) Her relationship with Chris.
2. What does Burke do to Anna's hand when he shakes it?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Drops it quickly.
(c) Squeezes it tight.
(d) Twists it by accident.
3. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(b) Mazel tov.
(c) Bon Apetite.
4. Where did Anna run away to?
(c) St. Paul.
5. Who is Marthy?
(a) The woman who lives with Chris.
(b) Cousin to Chris.
(c) Larry's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
2. What time does Chris say five bells is?
3. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
4. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
5. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What references does Burke make about fog at the end of Act 2?
2. Describe Burke's response to Anna's comments that she has changed.
3. What is Anna's initial reaction when she sees Burke?
4. Why does Burke propose to Anna after just a short acquaintance?
5. Does Anna seem uncertain about living with her father?
6. How does Anna stand up for herself against Burke?
7. Does Anna have a good experience living on her cousins' farm?
8. Describe the moment when Burke and Anna express their love for each other in Act 3.
9. Describe Burke's physical appearance when he returns to the cabin to speak with Anna after their argument.
10. How does Chris respond to Anna's accusations that he abandoned her?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)