|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
(a) "When did you start drinking wine?"
(b) "Well, who's the blond?"
(c) "Let me know if you need anything else."
(d) "Is this small enough?"
2. What does Chris say will help Anna get strong and healthy?
(a) Spending some time on the barge at sea.
(b) Going to a resort.
(c) Traveling to the Bahamas.
(d) Getting a massage.
3. What is the first question that Marthy asks Anna at the bar?
(a) How about some music?
(b) Been on a boat?
(c) Want to meet my husband?
(d) Want a salad?
4. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
(a) Galley hand.
(b) An officer.
5. What does Chris say about fog?
(a) It magnifies sound.
(b) It feels cozy to him.
(c) It gives him goose bumps.
(d) It is one of the sea's dirtiest tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chris's title?
2. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
3. What color eyes does Chris Christopherson have?
4. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
5. What does Burke say he would give up if he found a girl to marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anna become a prostitute in Minnesota?
2. What does Anna have to say to Burke when he accuses Anna of being in love with the men from her past?
3. What is Anna's impression of the fog at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Does Burke believe he had a hand in changing Anna?
5. How do the playwright and her father describe Anna?
6. Describe Marthy and Chris's relationship.
7. Does Chris think it is a good idea for Anna to travel out to sea on his barge?
8. What is Anna's reaction when she returns from the docks to the cabin and finds Burke there?
9. What is Burke's response to Anna's revelation about her past life?
10. What does Chris do when he is alone in the cabin after Anna leaves to walk to the end of the dock?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)