Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
(b) He is in a rage.
2. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
(a) "Well, who's the blond?"
(b) "When did you start drinking wine?"
(c) "Is this small enough?"
(d) "Let me know if you need anything else."
3. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
4. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Drink some water.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
(d) Have another drink.
5. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She wants to look at the lighthouse.
(b) She is hoping for a chance to see a whale.
(c) She wants to pray.
(d) She wants to think about things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
2. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
3. What is Anna's reaction when she first sees Burke seated on the deck?
4. What is the name of Chris's barge?
5. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Chris and Burke behaving that makes Anna feel like a piece of furniture?
2. Why does Chris change his mind and tell Burke him and Anna should marry after all?
3. How does Larry while at the bar treat Chris?
4. Does Chris think it is a good idea for Anna to travel out to sea on his barge?
5. How does Chris plan to help support Anna?
6. What is Anna's reaction when she returns from the docks to the cabin and finds Burke there?
7. What is Anna's viewpoint on the reality of being a sailor's wife?
8. What is Anna's state of mind at the beginning of Act 3?
9. Why has the playwright chosen fog as a setting detail in Act 4?
10. Why does Chris not see Anna from the time she was five?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)