|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
(a) Is afraid of animals.
(b) Best place for a kid to grow up.
(c) Would like to own a farm.
(d) Too smelly for a child.
2. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
(b) "Good choice!"
(c) "She's reformin' you already."
(d) "You're done."
3. What color is Anna's hair?
4. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
(b) Galley hand.
(d) An officer.
5. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
2. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
3. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
4. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
5. Where did Anna run away to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anna planning at the beginning of Act 4?
2. How does Chris plan to help support Anna?
3. Describe Anna's response when Burke asks what work she does when she is not sailing with her father.
4. Why does Anna become a prostitute in Minnesota?
5. What is Anna's state of mind at the beginning of Act 3?
6. What does Burke boast about to Anna?
7. What is Anna's impression of the fog at the beginning of Act 2?
8. Describe Chris's reaction to the news that Anna and Burke have resolved their conflict and will wed the next morning.
9. Why has the playwright chosen fog as a setting detail in Act 4?
10. Describe Chris's physical and emotional state when he returns to the cabin after two days.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)