|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Act as a lookout for the night watch.
(b) Hurry and get a bunk in the sailors' quarters.
(c) Have dinner with him.
(d) Come with him to the officer's cabin.
2. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
(b) "His angel."
(c) "The worst kind of father."
(d) "A good guy."
3. What nationality is Burke?
4. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
(c) He is in a rage.
5. Where did Anna run away to?
(b) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
2. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
3. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
4. What is Chris's title?
5. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chris's appearance.
2. Describe Chris and Anna's reunion.
3. How are Chris and Burke behaving that makes Anna feel like a piece of furniture?
4. Why does Anna tells Burke "good-by" after saying she loves him?
5. What is Chris's reaction to receiving a letter from Anna?
6. Why has Anna come to New York City?
7. What references does Burke make about fog at the end of Act 2?
8. How does Chris plan to help support Anna?
9. How do the playwright and her father describe Anna?
10. How does Chris describe his family's history as sailors?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)