|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
(a) Galley hand.
(c) An officer.
2. What is Larry reading behind the bar when Chris orders a glass of wine for Anna?
(d) Biology book.
3. What color is Anna's hair?
4. What does Burke compare Anna to in Act 2 when he sees her for the first time?
5. Where did Anna run away to?
(b) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
2. Where has Anna just been released from at the beginning of the play?
3. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
4. What nationality is Burke?
5. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Larry while at the bar treat Chris?
2. Why does Anna need to rest up and relax?
3. Why does Anna blame Chris for her terrible past experiences?
4. Does Anna have a good experience living on her cousins' farm?
5. What is Anna's impression of the fog at the beginning of Act 2?
6. In what way does Anna say she has changed after she tells Chris and Burke about her past?
7. Describe Anna's reaction to how Burke keeps his promise to go to "the other side of the earth" where he will never see Anna again.
8. Describe what Anna reveals about her past to Chris and Burke.
9. How does Anna respond when Burke asks her if her past was all a lie?
10. How does Burke behave toward Anna before he finds out she is the captain's daughter?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)