|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry agree to hold for Chris?
(a) A letter.
(b) Pocket change.
2. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
(a) He loved his first wife too much.
(b) He doesn't want to be tied down.
(c) He like living alone.
(d) He is scared of marriage.
3. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Sea sick.
(d) It makes her feel clean.
4. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is a good guy.
(c) He is losing his memory.
(d) He is unfair.
5. What time does Chris say five bells is?
(a) Half past ten.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Two o'clock.
(d) Twelve thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Chris last see Anna?
2. What does Chris call the men in his family who chose to become sailors?
3. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
4. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
5. When Chris is talking to Anna with Marthy, how old does he think she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Anna seem uncertain about living with her father?
2. What is the setting of Act 1?
3. What is Anna's initial reaction when she sees Burke?
4. In what way does Anna say she has changed after she tells Chris and Burke about her past?
5. What is Anna's viewpoint on the reality of being a sailor's wife?
6. Why does Anna need to rest up and relax?
7. Why has the playwright chosen fog as a setting detail in Act 4?
8. Describe Chris and Anna's reunion.
9. Describe what Anna reveals about her past to Chris and Burke.
10. Describe Anna's reaction to Burke's marriage proposal.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)