|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Burke?
2. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
(b) South Dakota.
3. Who do all the women in Chris's family marry?
4. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
(a) "When did you start drinking wine?"
(b) "Is this small enough?"
(c) "Well, who's the blond?"
(d) "Let me know if you need anything else."
5. What city is the bar located in?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
2. What does Chris order for himself when he gets Anna a glass of wine?
3. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
4. What happens when Anna pushes Burke away from her?
5. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Anna and Chris celebrate their reunion?
2. Why does Anna need to rest up and relax?
3. What does Burke say about the other sailors in the rowboat?
4. What does Anna have to say to Burke when he accuses Anna of being in love with the men from her past?
5. Why does Chris not see Anna from the time she was five?
6. How does Anna stand up for herself against Burke?
7. Why does Anna blame Chris for her terrible past experiences?
8. Describe what Anna reveals about her past to Chris and Burke.
9. Why does Chris change his mind and tell Burke him and Anna should marry after all?
10. Describe the crucifix that Burke uses so Anna can swear that he is the only man she has ever loved.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)