|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry agree to hold for Chris?
(a) A letter.
(b) Pocket change.
2. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) Ten days.
3. What does Chris say about fog?
(a) It feels cozy to him.
(b) It magnifies sound.
(c) It is one of the sea's dirtiest tricks.
(d) It gives him goose bumps.
4. How long ago did Chris last see Anna?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. What city is the bar located in?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Burke not want to do on land?
2. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
3. What happened to the sailors' steamer in Act 2?
4. What does Chris order for himself when he gets Anna a glass of wine?
5. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Larry while at the bar treat Chris?
2. Why does Anna become a prostitute in Minnesota?
3. Why does Chris not see Anna from the time she was five?
4. What does Burke say about the other sailors in the rowboat?
5. What references does Burke make about fog at the end of Act 2?
6. Describe the crucifix that Burke uses so Anna can swear that he is the only man she has ever loved.
7. What is Anna's viewpoint on the reality of being a sailor's wife?
8. Why has the playwright chosen fog as a setting detail in Act 4?
9. How does Burke behave toward Anna before he finds out she is the captain's daughter?
10. Describe Chris and Anna's reunion.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)