|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "You're done."
(b) "Good choice!"
(c) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
(d) "She's reformin' you already."
2. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
3. What color is Anna's hair?
4. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Short and redheaded.
(b) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
(c) Brown hair and vibrant.
(d) Dressed like a nurse.
5. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
2. What is the name of Chris's barge?
3. Why does Burke say he got so strong?
4. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
5. When Chris is talking to Anna with Marthy, how old does he think she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction when she sees Burke?
2. What does Burke boast about to Anna?
3. What is Anna's state of mind at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Describe Burke's appearance.
5. Describe Chris's appearance.
6. Describe what Anna reveals about her past to Chris and Burke.
7. How does Anna stand up for herself against Burke?
8. Why does Burke propose to Anna after just a short acquaintance?
9. Describe Anna's reaction to Burke's marriage proposal.
10. How does Burke feel about himself when he returns to the cabin to Anna after two days of drinking and fighting?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)