|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
(a) Bows to it reverentially.
(b) Stands before it with open arms.
(c) Shakes his fist at it with bitter hatred.
(d) Claps his hands with joy.
2. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
(d) Second cousins.
3. What city is the bar located in?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
4. What does Chris order for himself when he gets Anna a glass of wine?
(a) Ginger ale.
(c) One small beer.
5. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
(a) He is losing his memory.
(b) He is mean.
(c) He is a good guy.
(d) He is unfair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Chris say five bells is?
2. What does Chris say about fog?
3. What is Burke's reaction to Anna's strength?
4. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
5. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Burke's response to Anna's comments that she has changed.
2. Does Chris think it is a good idea for Anna to travel out to sea on his barge?
3. How does Anna respond when Burke asks her if her past was all a lie?
4. How does Chris plan to help support Anna?
5. Describe Marthy and Chris's relationship.
6. Why does Anna need to rest up and relax?
7. How does Burke feel about himself when he returns to the cabin to Anna after two days of drinking and fighting?
8. What is Anna's reaction when she returns from the docks to the cabin and finds Burke there?
9. How does Anna stand up for herself against Burke?
10. Describe Burke's appearance.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)