|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job does Anna tell Burke she has?
(a) Farm hand.
2. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(a) Bon Apetite.
(c) Mazel tov.
3. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
(a) Shakes his fist at it with bitter hatred.
(b) Bows to it reverentially.
(c) Stands before it with open arms.
(d) Claps his hands with joy.
4. Who do all the women in Chris's family marry?
5. How long ago did Chris last see Anna?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
3. What does Chris say about fog?
4. What kind of wine does Chris order for Anna in the bar when they are first reunited?
5. In what season does the beginning of the play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Anna seem uncertain about living with her father?
2. How are Burke and Chris's thoughts on setting off to sea different from Anna?
3. Does Anna have a good experience living on her cousins' farm?
4. How does Anna respond when Burke asks her if her past was all a lie?
5. Describe Chris's appearance.
6. Describe Anna's reaction to Burke's marriage proposal.
7. Why does Anna need to rest up and relax?
8. Describe Chris and Anna's reunion.
9. Does Chris think it is a good idea for Anna to travel out to sea on his barge?
10. Describe Chris's reaction to the news that Anna and Burke have resolved their conflict and will wed the next morning.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)