|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
2. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
(c) Blue cords.
3. How long was Burke rowing the boat without any help?
(a) Six days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Four days.
4. What did Anna travel in to visit Chris?
(a) A dirty coach.
5. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
(c) Nurse girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
2. What kind of job does Anna tell Burke she has?
3. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
4. What city is the bar located in?
5. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Anna say she has changed after she tells Chris and Burke about her past?
2. Describe the crucifix that Burke uses so Anna can swear that he is the only man she has ever loved.
3. How are Chris and Burke behaving that makes Anna feel like a piece of furniture?
4. Describe Burke's response to Anna's comments that she has changed.
5. Describe Anna's experience of being at sea.
6. What is the setting of Act 1?
7. Why does Anna become a prostitute in Minnesota?
8. Why has Anna come to New York City?
9. What is Anna's viewpoint on the reality of being a sailor's wife?
10. Describe Chris and Anna's reunion.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)