|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Burke's reaction to Anna's strength?
2. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "Good choice!"
(b) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
(c) "She's reformin' you already."
(d) "You're done."
3. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
(a) To get some money.
(b) To take his photograph.
(c) To ask him to go to Florida with her.
(d) To have a rest at his home.
4. What does Chris say will help Anna get strong and healthy?
(a) Traveling to the Bahamas.
(b) Getting a massage.
(c) Going to a resort.
(d) Spending some time on the barge at sea.
5. How long was Burke rowing the boat without any help?
(a) Four days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the sailors' steamer in Act 2?
2. What does Burke compare Anna to in Act 2 when he sees her for the first time?
3. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
4. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
5. How tall is Burke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burke's response to Anna's revelation about her past life?
2. Describe Burke's appearance.
3. Describe the moment when Burke and Anna express their love for each other in Act 3.
4. Describe the crucifix that Burke uses so Anna can swear that he is the only man she has ever loved.
5. Why does Chris try to dissuade Anna from liking life at sea?
6. How do Anna and Chris celebrate their reunion?
7. How does Larry while at the bar treat Chris?
8. How does Chris respond to Anna's accusations that he abandoned her?
9. What is Anna's state of mind at the beginning of Act 3?
10. Describe Chris's reaction to seeing Anna and Burke in conversation.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)