|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna call Chris when she is angry about him making things worse in Act 3?
(a) A Pest.
(c) A devil.
2. What does Burke say he would believe about Anna if he were sure she is telling him the truth in Act 4?
(a) That she has changed.
(b) That she went to college.
(c) That she is still nineteen.
(d) That she just got a job as a newspaper delivery girl.
3. What does Chris change his mind about regarding Anna in Act 3?
(a) That Anna should marry Burke.
(b) The boat's direction.
(c) His choice of drinks.
(d) Anna's chores.
4. What has happened to Burke's clothes in Act 4?
(a) He has spilled white paint on them.
(b) They are newly washed and pressed.
(c) They are torn and dirty.
(d) They look bleached from the sun.
5. Where does Anna go when she leaves the cabin after she tells Chris she will not marry Burke?
(a) End of the dock.
6. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) A doll.
(c) The baby of the family.
(d) A strong person.
7. When Chris takes off his coat and lets it drop on the floor, what does Anna discover in the pocket?
(a) Scraps of paper.
8. What does Anna do to Chris when she tells him "Don't go to sleep, Old Man!"?
(a) Sings loudly to wake him up.
(b) Shakes him violently by the shoulder.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Claps her hands in front of his face.
9. How many days have passed between the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4?
(b) A week.
10. What does Anna call Burke when he says she was in love with men in St. Paul?
(c) Ridiculous man.
11. What does Chris attack Burke with?
12. What does Anna say to Burke after she has kissed him in Act 3?
(a) "Are you ready to go out now?"
(d) "Let's get married."
13. What does Burke say he needs to drink in order to "wash that black kiss of yours off my lips"?
14. What religion does Burke ask if Anna is?
15. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
(a) Rabbit foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
2. What reason does Chris give Burke about why he doesn't want Anna to leave him all alone?
3. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
4. What does Anna say it is time for Burke and Chris to do at the end of Act 4?
5. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)