|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Burke about to do when he stops because he feels very doubtful about Anna's oath in Act 4?
(a) Shake her hand.
(b) Leave the cabin.
(c) Kiss Anna.
(d) Give Anna some flowers.
2. Where does Anna go when she leaves the cabin after she tells Chris she will not marry Burke?
(d) End of the dock.
3. Where is Anna sitting when Act 4 begins?
4. What does Anna say to Burke after she has kissed him in Act 3?
(a) "Let's get married."
(d) "Are you ready to go out now?"
5. How does Anna describe Paul's physical appearance?
(a) Thin and frail.
(c) Small and weak.
(d) Big and strong.
6. What does Chris do after Anna says to him he should have had her with him when she was a child?
(b) Puts his hands over his ears.
(c) Curses at her.
(d) Waves his hand dismissively.
7. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
(b) Sea birds.
(d) Another ship.
8. What has happened to Burke's clothes in Act 4?
(a) They are torn and dirty.
(b) He has spilled white paint on them.
(c) They look bleached from the sun.
(d) They are newly washed and pressed.
9. What does Burke say he would believe about Anna if he were sure she is telling him the truth in Act 4?
(a) That she went to college.
(b) That she has changed.
(c) That she just got a job as a newspaper delivery girl.
(d) That she is still nineteen.
10. What does Chris go into his room and retrieve before he leaves the barge in Act 3?
(c) His cap.
11. What is the weather in Act 3?
12. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She wants to send him a card.
(c) She misses him.
(d) He was good to her.
13. What caused the red bruise on Burke's forehead?
(a) Ran into a door.
(d) His hat was too tight.
14. When does Burke say to Anna "To the divil with all other reasons then. They don't matter to me at all"?
(a) After she tells him about her past.
(b) Before she kisses him.
(c) At the end of Act 3.
(d) Before she reveals her past to him.
15. What does Chris want to leave the barge to go and get at the end of Act 3?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Some air.
(c) A drink.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression is Chris wearing when he returns to the cabin from his bedroom with his tin of beer?
2. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
3. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
4. What is the weather in Act 4?
5. What is the time when Act 4 begins?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)