|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
(c) Rabbit foot.
2. What does Burke have in his hands when he rushes toward Anna in Act 3?
3. What is the weather in Act 4?
(a) Partly cloudy.
4. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
(b) New York.
5. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
(a) Being alone runs in her family and she will get used to it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She would rather be with everyone on the steamer.
(d) She will not be alone as she plans to stay in a hotel.
6. Why did Anna return to the cabin after buying a train ticket?
(a) She left her train ticket in her bureau.
(b) She wanted to leave a note for Chris.
(c) To wait for Burke.
(d) She forgot her suitcase.
7. What does Chris have in his hand when he returns to the cabin where Anna is waiting with her suitcase?
(c) Tin of beer.
8. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
(a) She misses him.
(b) He was good to her.
(c) She wants to send him a card.
(d) She hated him.
9. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Trips him.
(d) Twists his arm behind his back.
10. How does Chris respond when Burke says to Anna "I'll be killing you now"?
(a) "Get off my barge!"
(b) "Stop, you crazy fool!"
(c) "Call 911!"
(d) "You'll have to kill me first!"
11. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
(a) The Sea Serpent.
(d) The Knickerbocker.
12. What does Anna call Burke when he says she was in love with men in St. Paul?
(a) Ridiculous man.
13. What is the time when Act 4 begins?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 4 pm.
(c) 5:00 am.
(d) 12:00 am.
14. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
(a) The baby of the family.
(b) A piece of furniture.
(c) A strong person.
(d) A doll.
15. What does Burke say that he and Anna will be happy in spite of?
(a) Her worries about being alone.
(b) The curse of the sea.
(c) Her worries that she will not find a house to live in.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
2. What order does Burke give Anna in Act 3?
3. Where is Anna sitting when Act 4 begins?
4. What religion does Chris say his family was in Sweden?
5. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)