|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
(b) New York.
2. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
3. At the end of Act 3, who does Chris blame for having to learn about Anna's past?
(a) Anna's mother.
(c) The sea and its dirty tricks.
(d) The fog.
4. When does Burke say to Anna "To the divil with all other reasons then. They don't matter to me at all"?
(a) After she tells him about her past.
(b) Before she kisses him.
(c) At the end of Act 3.
(d) Before she reveals her past to him.
5. What does Anna call Chris when she is angry about him making things worse in Act 3?
(a) A devil.
(b) A Pest.
6. When Chris returns to the cabin when Anna and Burke are embracing in Act 4, what expression first appears in his eye?
7. Why does Anna say that Burke has to go back to sea at the end of the play?
(a) She wants to be alone.
(b) She is taking a trip to China.
(c) They will need the money.
(d) She doesn't have a place for them to live yet.
8. What does Burke say he needs to drink in order to "wash that black kiss of yours off my lips"?
9. When does Burke say he and Anna will wed in Act 4?
(a) In three days.
(b) That night.
(c) The next morning.
10. What does Burke say he is going to do so he will never see Anna again?
(a) Live in the jungle.
(b) Move to New York.
(c) Never come to Boston again.
(d) Ship away on a boat to the other end of the world.
11. What is the weather in Act 3?
12. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
(a) Being alone runs in her family and she will get used to it.
(b) She will not be alone as she plans to stay in a hotel.
(c) She would rather be with everyone on the steamer.
(d) She hates it.
13. Why does Anna tell Chris she will not marry Burke at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She finds him unattractive.
(b) She doesn't like sailors or the sea.
(c) She is not good enough for him.
(d) She doesn't love him.
14. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
(a) Rabbit foot.
15. What does Chris want to leave the barge to go and get at the end of Act 3?
(a) The police.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Some air.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Chris and Burke's reactions in Act 4 when Anna informs them about what they will be doing together the next morning?
2. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
3. Where is Cape Town located?
4. What does Chris attack Burke with?
5. What does Anna call Burke when he says she was in love with men in St. Paul?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)