|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say it is time for Burke and Chris to do at the end of Act 4?
(a) Sing together.
(b) Go out to get some dinner.
(c) Repair the barge.
(d) Kiss and make up.
2. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
(a) For knocking over her chair.
(b) For forgetting her dinner.
(c) For everything he did wrong in her life.
(d) For barging in without knocking.
3. What expression does Anna have in her eyes as she looks at Burke when he is rushing toward her in Act 3?
(c) Fearlessness of despair.
4. Where is Anna sitting when Act 4 begins?
5. What is Anna holding but not reading while sitting in the rocking chair in the cabin?
6. How many days have passed between the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4?
(c) A week.
7. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
(b) Another ship.
(c) Sea birds.
8. What does Anna do to Chris when she tells him "Don't go to sleep, Old Man!"?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Sings loudly to wake him up.
(c) Claps her hands in front of his face.
(d) Shakes him violently by the shoulder.
9. What does Chris change his mind about regarding Anna in Act 3?
(a) That Anna should marry Burke.
(b) The boat's direction.
(c) His choice of drinks.
(d) Anna's chores.
10. What sounds can be heard at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Shouting of sailors.
(b) Sea gulls.
(c) Whistles of steamers.
(d) Seals barking.
11. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
(a) New York.
12. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Trips him.
(d) Twists his arm behind his back.
13. What does Anna say to Burke about Chris going back to sea?
(a) She does not want him to leave.
(b) It is a great place to fish.
(c) He is cursed and should stay inland.
(d) It is where he belongs.
14. What are Chris and Burke's reactions in Act 4 when Anna informs them about what they will be doing together the next morning?
15. What is the weather in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna wish she were in the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Burke tell Anna that she has done to him after she tells him about her past?
3. What is Burke about to do when he stops because he feels very doubtful about Anna's oath in Act 4?
4. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
5. What does Burke make Anna swear that she is telling the truth about?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)