|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell Burke has changed her in Act 3?
(b) Having time to meditate.
(c) The sea.
(d) A new hairstyle.
2. Why does Anna tell Chris she will not marry Burke at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She doesn't like sailors or the sea.
(b) She doesn't love him.
(c) She finds him unattractive.
(d) She is not good enough for him.
3. What is Burke about to do when he stops because he feels very doubtful about Anna's oath in Act 4?
(a) Kiss Anna.
(b) Give Anna some flowers.
(c) Shake her hand.
(d) Leave the cabin.
4. What does Anna tell Burke and Chris that stuns both men in Act 3?
(a) That she worked in a house of prostitution.
(b) That she had a baby.
(c) She tried to kill herself.
(d) She is already married.
5. What does Chris knock over when he attacks Burke?
6. How many days have passed between the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4?
(b) A week.
7. What does Chris plan to do with all the money he makes working on the steamer?
(a) Spend it on fun.
(b) Pay it all to Anna.
(c) Send it to Anna's cousin.
(d) Save it for a rainy day.
8. What job did Chris get on a steamer that sets sail the next day?
9. What does Chris say is a million times worse than being a sailor?
(a) Big city businessman.
(b) Hardware store owner.
10. Where did Burke's picture appear in Boston?
(b) Boston Magazine.
(c) On television.
(d) The newspapers.
11. What does Burke tell Anna that she has done to him after she tells him about her past?
(a) He feels happy.
(b) He can no longer pray.
(c) That she has destroyed him.
(d) She has made him sad.
12. Where is Cape Town located?
(c) South America.
13. What are Chris and Burke's reactions in Act 4 when Anna informs them about what they will be doing together the next morning?
14. What is the weather in Act 4?
(b) Partly cloudy.
15. What does Burke have in his hands when he rushes toward Anna in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burke make Anna swear that she is telling the truth about?
2. What religion does Chris say his family was in Sweden?
3. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
5. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)