|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounds can be heard at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Seals barking.
(b) Whistles of steamers.
(c) Sea gulls.
(d) Shouting of sailors.
2. When does Burke say he and Anna will wed in Act 4?
(a) That night.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In three days.
3. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
(a) New York.
4. What reason does Chris give Burke about why he doesn't want Anna to leave him all alone?
(a) His eyesight is failing.
(b) He has no friends.
(c) He is old and has not had much time with her.
(d) He has arthritis.
5. What is the weather in Act 3?
6. When Chris interrupts Anna and Burke's embrace in Act 4, what does Burke do?
(a) Is so startled he falls over.
(b) Steps toward Chris in a threatening manner.
(c) Shakes Chris's hand.
(d) Has a coughing fit.
7. What does Anna say just before throwing herself into a chair and sobbing hysterically in Act 3?
(a) Her favorite necklace is missing.
(b) She hates men.
(c) She feels sick.
(d) She cannot remember her mother.
8. What does Chris attack Burke with?
9. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
(c) Rabbit foot.
10. Why does Anna tell Chris she will not marry Burke at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She finds him unattractive.
(c) She is not good enough for him.
(d) She doesn't like sailors or the sea.
11. What does Anna say she will have ready for them when they return from sea?
(a) A new suit.
(c) A little house.
(d) Proper gloves and scarves.
12. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) The baby of the family.
(c) A doll.
(d) A strong person.
13. Where does Anna go when she leaves the cabin after she tells Chris she will not marry Burke?
(b) End of the dock.
14. When Chris takes off his coat and lets it drop on the floor, what does Anna discover in the pocket?
(b) Scraps of paper.
15. Why did Anna return to the cabin after buying a train ticket?
(a) To wait for Burke.
(b) She forgot her suitcase.
(c) She left her train ticket in her bureau.
(d) She wanted to leave a note for Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
2. What does Burke have in his hands when he rushes toward Anna in Act 3?
3. What does Chris change his mind about regarding Anna in Act 3?
4. What does Anna call Burke when he says she was in love with men in St. Paul?
5. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)