|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
(c) Rabbit foot.
2. When Chris interrupts Anna and Burke's embrace in Act 4, what does Burke do?
(a) Steps toward Chris in a threatening manner.
(b) Has a coughing fit.
(c) Shakes Chris's hand.
(d) Is so startled he falls over.
3. What does Anna accuse Burke and Chris of treating her like when they are arguing over whom is going to give her orders.
(a) A doll.
(b) The baby of the family.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) A strong person.
4. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
(c) The deckhand.
5. What is Burke wearing at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Sailor outfit.
(b) Cheap blue suit.
(d) Swimming trunks.
6. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
(a) For everything he did wrong in her life.
(b) For knocking over her chair.
(c) For forgetting her dinner.
(d) For barging in without knocking.
7. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
8. What does Chris attack Burke with?
9. What religion does Chris say his family was in Sweden?
10. What does Chris have in his hand when he returns to the cabin where Anna is waiting with her suitcase?
(a) Tin of beer.
11. What is the time when Act 4 begins?
(a) 4 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 12:00 am.
(d) 5:00 am.
12. What is the weather in Act 3?
13. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
(a) Harsh growl.
(b) He whimpers like a child.
(c) A Laugh like a seal.
(d) Clicking noises.
14. What does Burke call Chris when Chris grasps Burke by the arm at the end of Act 3?
(a) Old guy.
(d) Old ape.
15. Where does Anna wish she were in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression does Anna have in her eyes as she looks at Burke when he is rushing toward her in Act 3?
2. What does Anna say she will have ready for them when they return from sea?
3. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
4. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
5. What does Burke say he will take in place of Anna's oath if it turns out not to be a proper one?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)