|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
(a) Jumps up from her chair to help him.
(b) Says "Yum!"
(c) Hastily dries her eyes and tries to smile.
(d) Claps her hands.
2. What is the name of Chris's barge?
(b) The Simeon Winthrop.
(c) The Sea Serpent.
3. What city is the bar located in?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
4. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He has been drinking.
(c) He looks too heavy.
(d) He feels ill.
5. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
(a) To have a rest at his home.
(b) To take his photograph.
(c) To ask him to go to Florida with her.
(d) To get some money.
6. What is Larry reading behind the bar when Chris orders a glass of wine for Anna?
(d) Biology book.
7. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
(a) A relative's city condo.
(d) Her cousins' farm.
8. What does Chris call the sea in Act 2 when he and Anna are talking in the fog?
9. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
10. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
(b) Blue cords.
11. What does Chris call himself in Act 2 for bringing Anna on the voyage?
(a) "Damn fool."
(b) "A good idea."
(c) "A good experience for a sailor's wife."
(d) "A chance for her to learn the sea."
12. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
(a) She accepts him immediately.
(b) She politely declines.
(c) She runs away from him.
(d) She asks him if he is going crazy.
13. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
14. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
15. What does Burke say he would give up if he found a girl to marry him?
(a) His long hair.
(b) Smoking a pipe.
(c) Drinking and roving about.
(d) Wearing boots in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
2. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
3. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
4. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
5. What does Larry agree to hold for Chris?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)