|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris call himself in Act 2 for bringing Anna on the voyage?
(a) "A good idea."
(b) "Damn fool."
(c) "A chance for her to learn the sea."
(d) "A good experience for a sailor's wife."
2. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
(a) Real men with guts.
(c) Proper and refined.
(d) Friendly and helpful.
3. What city is the bar located in?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
4. Where did Anna run away to?
(a) St. Paul.
5. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Mother, two sons.
(c) Husband, wife, and four sons.
(d) Father, one son.
6. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
(a) Anchored in Northern Maine.
(b) In Sweden.
(c) At his vacation home.
(d) In the outer harbor of Provincetown, MA.
7. What color is Anna's hair?
8. What is Chris's title?
9. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
(a) Her cousins' farm.
(b) A relative's city condo.
10. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
(b) He is in a rage.
11. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
(a) Bows to it reverentially.
(b) Shakes his fist at it with bitter hatred.
(c) Stands before it with open arms.
(d) Claps his hands with joy.
12. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
(b) Second cousins.
13. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(a) Bon Apetite.
(c) Mazel tov.
14. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
15. Who do all the women in Chris's family marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
3. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
4. In what season does the beginning of the play take place?
5. What does Marthy reveal to Anna?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)