|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
(a) She invites him to join them.
(b) She resents his bullying tone.
(c) She acts jealous of his attention to Burke.
(d) She is friendly.
2. What is Anna's opinion about the fog?
(a) She doesn't like not seeing clearly.
(b) She loves it.
(c) It makes her feel wet.
(d) It scares her.
3. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "The worst kind of father."
(b) "A good guy."
(c) "His angel."
(d) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
4. What is Mat Burke wearing when Anna first sees him?
(a) Shorts and sandals.
(b) Dirty dungarees.
(c) Shirt and nice pair of pants.
(d) Long underwear.
5. What does Burke say he would rather be to Anna than anything else in the world?
(a) Her mentor.
(b) Her savior.
(c) Her teacher.
6. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
(a) "When can I get on land?"
(b) "Where am I?"
(c) "Who are you?"
(d) "Is it dreaming I am?"
7. What is Larry reading behind the bar when Chris orders a glass of wine for Anna?
(c) Biology book.
8. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
(a) At his vacation home.
(b) Anchored in Northern Maine.
(c) In the outer harbor of Provincetown, MA.
(d) In Sweden.
9. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
(a) "You were so busy."
(b) "You had enough time to yourself."
(c) "The ocean must have been pretty."
(d) "Gee, you hate yourself, don't you?"
10. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
(b) He is in a rage.
11. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
(a) Jumps up and runs out the door.
(b) Brings Anna over to meet Chris.
(c) Tells Chris Anna is waiting for him and then leaves.
(d) Calls Chris over to the table.
12. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
(d) Second cousins.
13. What does Chris first suggest Anna should order when she says she is thirsty in the bar?
(a) Root beer.
(c) Vitamin Water.
14. Who do all the women in Chris's family marry?
15. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She wants to pray.
(b) She wants to look at the lighthouse.
(c) She wants to think about things.
(d) She is hoping for a chance to see a whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Burke's reaction to Anna's strength?
2. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
3. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
4. How tall is Burke?
5. What does Burke do to Anna's hand when he shakes it?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)