|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chris is talking to Anna with Marthy, how old does he think she is?
2. What does Larry agree to hold for Chris?
(c) A letter.
(d) Pocket change.
3. How long ago did Chris last see Anna?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. What is Anna's reaction when she first sees Burke seated on the deck?
5. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
6. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
(a) She is a castaway.
(b) She is the cook.
(c) She is the maid.
(d) She is there as Chris's woman.
7. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
(a) Second cousins.
8. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Have another drink.
(b) Drink some water.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
9. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
10. In what season does the beginning of the play take place?
11. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
(a) Galley hand.
(c) An officer.
12. Why does Burke say he got so strong?
(a) Shoveling a million tons of coal since he was a lad.
(b) Cutting stone out of the quarry.
(c) Lifting weights at the gym.
(d) Lifting fishing nets out of the sea.
13. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
(a) In Sweden.
(b) In the outer harbor of Provincetown, MA.
(c) Anchored in Northern Maine.
(d) At his vacation home.
14. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
15. What does Chris first suggest Anna should order when she says she is thirsty in the bar?
(a) Root beer.
(b) Vitamin Water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Anna just been released from at the beginning of the play?
2. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
3. What nationality is Burke?
4. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Chris say about fog?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)