|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna help Burke move to at the end of Act 2?
(a) Johnson's bunk.
(b) To the cabin.
(c) Down below.
(d) The captain's quarters.
2. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Hurry and get a bunk in the sailors' quarters.
(b) Act as a lookout for the night watch.
(c) Come with him to the officer's cabin.
(d) Have dinner with him.
3. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
4. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
(b) South Dakota.
5. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
6. What is Chris's title?
7. What is the name of Chris's barge?
(b) The Sea Serpent.
(c) The Simeon Winthrop.
8. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
(a) Anchored in Northern Maine.
(b) At his vacation home.
(c) In the outer harbor of Provincetown, MA.
(d) In Sweden.
9. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
(b) "A good guy."
(c) "His angel."
(d) "The worst kind of father."
10. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
(c) Nurse girl.
11. What is Anna's opinion about the fog?
(a) She doesn't like not seeing clearly.
(b) It scares her.
(c) It makes her feel wet.
(d) She loves it.
12. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
(a) Death by shark attack.
(b) Having his tooth pulled.
(c) Death at sea for a sailor.
(d) His leg operation.
13. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
(a) Hastily dries her eyes and tries to smile.
(b) Jumps up from her chair to help him.
(c) Claps her hands.
(d) Says "Yum!"
14. What is Mat Burke wearing when Anna first sees him?
(a) Shorts and sandals.
(b) Dirty dungarees.
(c) Long underwear.
(d) Shirt and nice pair of pants.
15. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
(a) Sits back and relaxes.
(b) Writes a quick letter.
(c) Looks in a mirror and brushes her hair.
(d) Picks up her bag and thinks about leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Anna tell Burke she has?
2. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
3. What is the first question that Marthy asks Anna at the bar?
4. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
5. What happens when Anna pushes Burke away from her?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)