|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Burke?
(d) About thirty.
2. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
(a) She is friendly.
(b) She acts jealous of his attention to Burke.
(c) She invites him to join them.
(d) She resents his bullying tone.
3. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
4. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
5. What is Anna's opinion about the fog?
(a) She doesn't like not seeing clearly.
(b) It scares her.
(c) She loves it.
(d) It makes her feel wet.
6. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Sea sick.
(d) It makes her feel clean.
7. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
(a) He is losing his memory.
(b) He is a good guy.
(c) He is unfair.
(d) He is mean.
8. What color is Anna's hair?
9. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Dressed like a nurse.
(b) Short and redheaded.
(c) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
(d) Brown hair and vibrant.
10. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
11. What does Chris say about fog?
(a) It feels cozy to him.
(b) It is one of the sea's dirtiest tricks.
(c) It gives him goose bumps.
(d) It magnifies sound.
12. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
(a) Polishing the tack.
(b) Scrubbing the deck.
(c) Fixing sails.
(d) Stokehole of a proper ship.
13. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
(a) Thinks the world of her.
(b) Wishes she weren't coming.
(c) Is skeptical about seeing her.
(d) Thinks she is probably alright.
14. What does Chris first suggest Anna should order when she says she is thirsty in the bar?
(a) Vitamin Water.
(d) Root beer.
15. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
(a) Proper and refined.
(b) Real men with guts.
(d) Friendly and helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris call the men in his family who chose to become sailors?
2. What is Anna's reaction when she first sees Burke seated on the deck?
3. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
4. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
5. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)