|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Anna just been released from at the beginning of the play?
(b) Jury duty.
(d) Detox program.
2. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(b) Mazel tov.
(d) Bon Apetite.
3. What does Chris call the sea in Act 2 when he and Anna are talking in the fog?
4. What color eyes does Chris Christopherson have?
5. How tall is Burke?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet nine inches.
(c) Five feet six inches.
(d) Six feet four inches.
6. What kind of wine does Chris order for Anna in the bar when they are first reunited?
(a) Sauvignon Blanc.
(b) Port wine.
7. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
(b) Have another drink.
(c) Drink some water.
(d) Go to sleep.
8. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
(a) The best place to find a job.
(b) Marthy's background.
(c) Her uncle's whereabouts.
(d) Her father's life.
9. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They couldn't stand up.
(b) They had broken arms or fingers.
(c) They didn't know how to row.
(d) They were unconscious.
10. Who is Marthy?
(a) Larry's mother.
(b) The woman who lives with Chris.
(d) Cousin to Chris.
11. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
(a) To have a rest at his home.
(b) To take his photograph.
(c) To get some money.
(d) To ask him to go to Florida with her.
12. Where does Anna help Burke move to at the end of Act 2?
(a) The captain's quarters.
(b) Johnson's bunk.
(c) Down below.
(d) To the cabin.
13. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
(b) An officer.
(c) Galley hand.
14. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She wants to think about things.
(b) She wants to look at the lighthouse.
(c) She wants to pray.
(d) She is hoping for a chance to see a whale.
15. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
2. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
3. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
4. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
5. What does Burke do to Anna's hand when he shakes it?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)