|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Anna's hair?
2. What kind of job does Anna tell Burke she has?
(b) Farm hand.
3. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
(a) He like living alone.
(b) He loved his first wife too much.
(c) He is scared of marriage.
(d) He doesn't want to be tied down.
4. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
(a) At his vacation home.
(b) Anchored in Northern Maine.
(c) In Sweden.
(d) In the outer harbor of Provincetown, MA.
5. What does Chris call himself in Act 2 for bringing Anna on the voyage?
(a) "A good experience for a sailor's wife."
(b) "A chance for her to learn the sea."
(c) "A good idea."
(d) "Damn fool."
6. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
7. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
8. What is Anna's opinion about the fog?
(a) It scares her.
(b) It makes her feel wet.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She doesn't like not seeing clearly.
9. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
(b) Second cousins.
10. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
(b) South Dakota.
11. How long was Burke rowing the boat without any help?
(a) Four days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six days.
12. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
13. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) One day.
(d) Five days.
14. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(a) Bon Apetite.
(c) Mazel tov.
15. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She wants to pray.
(b) She wants to think about things.
(c) She wants to look at the lighthouse.
(d) She is hoping for a chance to see a whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
2. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
3. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
4. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
5. What does Burke compare Anna to in Act 2 when he sees her for the first time?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)