|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's reaction when she first sees Burke seated on the deck?
2. How long was Burke rowing the boat without any help?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Six days.
3. Who do all the women in Chris's family marry?
4. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
(b) "I didn't see her."
(c) "She's not my type."
(d) "Sure! A peach."
5. What color is Anna's hair?
6. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Drink some water.
(b) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Have another drink.
7. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
(a) She is friendly.
(b) She resents his bullying tone.
(c) She acts jealous of his attention to Burke.
(d) She invites him to join them.
8. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
(a) Death at sea for a sailor.
(b) Death by shark attack.
(c) His leg operation.
(d) Having his tooth pulled.
9. Where does Anna help Burke move to at the end of Act 2?
(a) To the cabin.
(b) Johnson's bunk.
(c) Down below.
(d) The captain's quarters.
10. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
(a) She asks him if he is going crazy.
(b) She runs away from him.
(c) She politely declines.
(d) She accepts him immediately.
11. What does Chris say will help Anna get strong and healthy?
(a) Traveling to the Bahamas.
(b) Getting a massage.
(c) Going to a resort.
(d) Spending some time on the barge at sea.
12. What is Anna's opinion about the fog?
(a) It scares her.
(b) She loves it.
(c) It makes her feel wet.
(d) She doesn't like not seeing clearly.
13. What is Larry's job?
14. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
(a) He loved his first wife too much.
(b) He like living alone.
(c) He doesn't want to be tied down.
(d) He is scared of marriage.
15. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Come with him to the officer's cabin.
(b) Hurry and get a bunk in the sailors' quarters.
(c) Act as a lookout for the night watch.
(d) Have dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Burke not want to do on land?
2. In what season does the beginning of the play take place?
3. Why does Burke say he got so strong?
4. What is Larry reading behind the bar when Chris orders a glass of wine for Anna?
5. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)