|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "You're done."
(b) "She's reformin' you already."
(c) "Good choice!"
(d) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
2. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
(b) Blue cords.
3. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
4. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
(b) Galley hand.
(c) An officer.
5. What is Burke's reaction to Anna's strength?
6. What is Larry's job?
7. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
(b) South Dakota.
8. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
(b) "His angel."
(c) "A good guy."
(d) "The worst kind of father."
9. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) Twenty days.
10. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
11. Where does Anna help Burke move to at the end of Act 2?
(a) The captain's quarters.
(b) Johnson's bunk.
(c) To the cabin.
(d) Down below.
12. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
13. What time does Chris say five bells is?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Two o'clock.
(c) Twelve thirty.
(d) Half past ten.
14. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They couldn't stand up.
(b) They were unconscious.
(c) They had broken arms or fingers.
(d) They didn't know how to row.
15. Who is Marthy?
(a) The woman who lives with Chris.
(b) Larry's mother.
(d) Cousin to Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Burke do to Anna's hand when he shakes it?
3. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
4. Why does Burke say he got so strong?
5. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)