|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
(a) An officer.
(b) Galley hand.
2. What kind of job does Anna tell Burke she has?
(c) Farm hand.
3. How tall is Burke?
(a) Five feet six inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Six feet four inches.
(d) Five feet nine inches.
4. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
(b) Her cousins' farm.
(d) A relative's city condo.
5. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
(c) He is in a rage.
6. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
7. What does Marthy reveal to Anna?
(a) The best place to stay in town.
(b) Directions to the closest city.
(c) The secret ingredient for her favorite drink.
(d) Her relationship with Chris.
8. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
(a) "I didn't see her."
(b) "She's not my type."
(c) "Sure! A peach."
9. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
(a) "The ocean must have been pretty."
(b) "You were so busy."
(c) "Gee, you hate yourself, don't you?"
(d) "You had enough time to yourself."
10. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
11. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
12. What does Chris call the men in his family who chose to become sailors?
13. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
(d) Nurse girl.
14. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
15. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Sips modestly at her drink.
(b) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
(c) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
(d) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
2. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
3. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
4. What kind of wine does Chris order for Anna in the bar when they are first reunited?
5. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)