|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Burke?
2. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
(a) To get some money.
(b) To take his photograph.
(c) To have a rest at his home.
(d) To ask him to go to Florida with her.
3. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
4. How old is Burke?
(a) About thirty.
5. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
(a) Tells Chris Anna is waiting for him and then leaves.
(b) Calls Chris over to the table.
(c) Jumps up and runs out the door.
(d) Brings Anna over to meet Chris.
6. What does Burke say he would give up if he found a girl to marry him?
(a) Smoking a pipe.
(b) Drinking and roving about.
(c) His long hair.
(d) Wearing boots in the house.
7. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Sea sick.
(d) It makes her feel clean.
8. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
(a) Her cousins' farm.
(b) A relative's city condo.
9. How tall is Burke?
(a) Five feet nine inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet six inches.
10. What is Chris's title?
11. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(a) Mazel tov.
(d) Bon Apetite.
12. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
13. Who do all the women in Chris's family marry?
14. What does Chris call himself in Act 2 for bringing Anna on the voyage?
(a) "A chance for her to learn the sea."
(b) "A good experience for a sailor's wife."
(c) "A good idea."
(d) "Damn fool."
15. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
2. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
3. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
4. What is the name of Chris's barge?
5. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)