Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
(b) He is in a rage.
2. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
(a) "Well, who's the blond?"
(b) "When did you start drinking wine?"
(c) "Is this small enough?"
(d) "Let me know if you need anything else."
3. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
4. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Drink some water.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
(d) Have another drink.
5. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She wants to look at the lighthouse.
(b) She is hoping for a chance to see a whale.
(c) She wants to pray.
(d) She wants to think about things.
6. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
(a) Her cousins' farm.
(d) A relative's city condo.
7. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
(a) "Who are you?"
(b) "Is it dreaming I am?"
(c) "Where am I?"
(d) "When can I get on land?"
8. What is Anna's reaction when she first sees Burke seated on the deck?
9. What is the name of Chris's barge?
(b) The Simeon Winthrop.
(c) The Sea Serpent.
10. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
(b) Brown hair and vibrant.
(c) Dressed like a nurse.
(d) Short and redheaded.
11. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
(a) "You had enough time to yourself."
(b) "Gee, you hate yourself, don't you?"
(c) "The ocean must have been pretty."
(d) "You were so busy."
12. What does Burke say he would rather be to Anna than anything else in the world?
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her mentor.
(d) Her savior.
13. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
(b) "Sure! A peach."
(c) "She's not my type."
(d) "I didn't see her."
14. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
(c) South Dakota.
15. Where does Anna help Burke move to at the end of Act 2?
(a) The captain's quarters.
(b) To the cabin.
(c) Johnson's bunk.
(d) Down below.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
2. Why does Burke say he got so strong?
3. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
4. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
5. What kind of wine does Chris order for Anna in the bar when they are first reunited?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)