|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
(a) In Sweden.
(b) In the outer harbor of Provincetown, MA.
(c) Anchored in Northern Maine.
(d) At his vacation home.
2. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
(d) Blue cords.
3. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Have dinner with him.
(b) Hurry and get a bunk in the sailors' quarters.
(c) Come with him to the officer's cabin.
(d) Act as a lookout for the night watch.
4. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
(a) Bows to it reverentially.
(b) Claps his hands with joy.
(c) Stands before it with open arms.
(d) Shakes his fist at it with bitter hatred.
5. What does Chris say about fog?
(a) It is one of the sea's dirtiest tricks.
(b) It feels cozy to him.
(c) It gives him goose bumps.
(d) It magnifies sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris call the men in his family who chose to become sailors?
2. What does Anna tell Burke has changed her in Act 3?
3. What is the setting at the opening of Act 3?
4. In what season does the beginning of the play take place?
5. What is the weather in Act 3?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)