|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is losing his memory.
(c) He is a good guy.
(d) He is unfair.
2. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
(a) Too busy.
(b) The sea.
(c) Couldn't get a train ticket.
3. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Dressed like a nurse.
(b) Brown hair and vibrant.
(c) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
(d) Short and redheaded.
4. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
(a) Polishing the tack.
(b) Scrubbing the deck.
(c) Stokehole of a proper ship.
(d) Fixing sails.
5. Why does Anna think it is funny when Burke tells her he signed up to work on a steamer?
(a) She is boarding the same steamer for a ride to the next port.
(b) Because she thought he was going to work inland.
(c) She cannot see him working as a sailor.
(d) It is the same one Chris will be working on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
2. What order does Burke give Anna in Act 3?
3. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
4. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
5. What city is the bar located in?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)