|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Anna return to the cabin after buying a train ticket?
(a) She left her train ticket in her bureau.
(b) She forgot her suitcase.
(c) She wanted to leave a note for Chris.
(d) To wait for Burke.
2. What job did Chris get on a steamer that sets sail the next day?
3. What reason does Chris give Burke about why he doesn't want Anna to leave him all alone?
(a) He has arthritis.
(b) He has no friends.
(c) His eyesight is failing.
(d) He is old and has not had much time with her.
4. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
(a) Being alone runs in her family and she will get used to it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She will not be alone as she plans to stay in a hotel.
(d) She would rather be with everyone on the steamer.
5. What does Anna say it is time for Burke and Chris to do at the end of Act 4?
(a) Go out to get some dinner.
(b) Kiss and make up.
(c) Sing together.
(d) Repair the barge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
2. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
3. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
4. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
5. What is the name of the steamer Chris has signed on to work for?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)