|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke say he is going to do so he will never see Anna again?
(a) Never come to Boston again.
(b) Ship away on a boat to the other end of the world.
(c) Move to New York.
(d) Live in the jungle.
2. What expression is Chris wearing when he returns to the cabin from his bedroom with his tin of beer?
(a) A tired one.
(b) A look of gloominess.
(c) He is grinning.
(d) He looks despondent.
3. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
(a) He is a good guy.
(b) He is unfair.
(c) He is mean.
(d) He is losing his memory.
4. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
(a) He was good to her.
(b) She hated him.
(c) She misses him.
(d) She wants to send him a card.
5. What nationality is Burke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
2. What happens when Anna pushes Burke away from her?
3. What does Chris want to leave the barge to go and get at the end of Act 3?
4. What toast does Anna make that Burke drinks to in the last scene of the play?
5. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)