|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
(a) Tells Chris Anna is waiting for him and then leaves.
(b) Jumps up and runs out the door.
(c) Calls Chris over to the table.
(d) Brings Anna over to meet Chris.
2. Why does Anna think it is funny when Burke tells her he signed up to work on a steamer?
(a) It is the same one Chris will be working on.
(b) Because she thought he was going to work inland.
(c) She is boarding the same steamer for a ride to the next port.
(d) She cannot see him working as a sailor.
3. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
(a) Anchored in Northern Maine.
(b) In Sweden.
(c) At his vacation home.
(d) In the outer harbor of Provincetown, MA.
4. What does Anna say it is time for Burke and Chris to do at the end of Act 4?
(a) Go out to get some dinner.
(b) Repair the barge.
(c) Kiss and make up.
(d) Sing together.
5. What does Chris call himself in Act 2 for bringing Anna on the voyage?
(a) "A chance for her to learn the sea."
(b) "A good idea."
(c) "Damn fool."
(d) "A good experience for a sailor's wife."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Anna pushes Burke away from her?
2. How many days have passed between the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4?
3. What does Chris change his mind about regarding Anna in Act 3?
4. What does Anna say she will have ready for them when they return from sea?
5. When does Burke say to Anna "To the divil with all other reasons then. They don't matter to me at all"?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)