|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
(a) "I swear on my life."
(b) "May I be struck by lightning if this is untrue."
(c) "I will give up my life if this is not truth."
(d) "And may the blackest curse of God strike me if I'm lying."
2. Where is Anna sitting when Act 4 begins?
3. Where did Anna run away to?
(c) St. Paul.
4. What does Burke do to Chris when Chris attacks him?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Trips him.
(c) Twists his arm behind his back.
(d) Hits him.
5. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "A good guy."
(b) "The worst kind of father."
(c) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
(d) "His angel."
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Burke give for why he and Chris were fighting?
2. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
3. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
4. What has happened to Burke's clothes in Act 4?
5. What did Burke's mother give him when he was young that he says brings him good luck.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)