|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
(a) Johnny-the-Priest's Saloon.
(b) The Schooner.
(c) The Longshoreman Saloon.
(d) Larry's Saloon.
2. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
(a) "Where am I?"
(b) "When can I get on land?"
(c) "Who are you?"
(d) "Is it dreaming I am?"
3. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
(a) Wishes she weren't coming.
(b) Is skeptical about seeing her.
(c) Thinks she is probably alright.
(d) Thinks the world of her.
4. What happened to the sailors' steamer in Act 2?
(a) It had to be towed.
(b) It ran out of coal.
(c) The main sail broke.
(d) It was wrecked.
5. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Have another drink.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
(d) Drink some water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Burke's reaction to Anna's strength?
2. What time does Chris say five bells is?
3. What nationality is Burke?
4. What does Chris say about fog?
5. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)