|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke do to Anna's hand when he shakes it?
(a) Kisses it.
(b) Twists it by accident.
(c) Drops it quickly.
(d) Squeezes it tight.
2. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
(b) Short and redheaded.
(c) Brown hair and vibrant.
(d) Dressed like a nurse.
3. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
(a) Her uncle's whereabouts.
(b) The best place to find a job.
(c) Marthy's background.
(d) Her father's life.
4. What does Burke say he would give up if he found a girl to marry him?
(a) Smoking a pipe.
(b) Drinking and roving about.
(c) Wearing boots in the house.
(d) His long hair.
5. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
(a) She is friendly.
(b) She resents his bullying tone.
(c) She invites him to join them.
(d) She acts jealous of his attention to Burke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
2. What does Chris first suggest Anna should order when she says she is thirsty in the bar?
3. What is a Bo'sun according to Chris?
4. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
5. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)