|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
(d) Blue cords.
2. How does Chris react when he sees Anna and Burke talking?
(d) He is in a rage.
3. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "The worst kind of father."
(b) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
(c) "A good guy."
(d) "His angel."
4. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
(a) Writes a quick letter.
(b) Picks up her bag and thinks about leaving.
(c) Looks in a mirror and brushes her hair.
(d) Sits back and relaxes.
5. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She wants to look at the lighthouse.
(b) She is hoping for a chance to see a whale.
(c) She wants to think about things.
(d) She wants to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Anna's hair?
2. Where did Anna run away to?
3. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
4. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
5. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)