|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
(a) Would like to own a farm.
(b) Is afraid of animals.
(c) Too smelly for a child.
(d) Best place for a kid to grow up.
2. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
3. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
(a) Thinks the world of her.
(b) Wishes she weren't coming.
(c) Is skeptical about seeing her.
(d) Thinks she is probably alright.
4. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
(b) Real men with guts.
(c) Friendly and helpful.
(d) Proper and refined.
5. What does Chris call himself in Act 2 for bringing Anna on the voyage?
(a) "Damn fool."
(b) "A chance for her to learn the sea."
(c) "A good experience for a sailor's wife."
(d) "A good idea."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
2. When Chris is talking to Anna with Marthy, how old does he think she is?
3. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
4. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)