|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
(a) Calls Chris over to the table.
(b) Tells Chris Anna is waiting for him and then leaves.
(c) Brings Anna over to meet Chris.
(d) Jumps up and runs out the door.
2. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
(a) The best place to find a job.
(b) Her uncle's whereabouts.
(c) Her father's life.
(d) Marthy's background.
3. What does Burke say he would rather be to Anna than anything else in the world?
(a) Her mentor.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her savior.
4. What is Anna's opinion about the fog?
(a) She loves it.
(b) It makes her feel wet.
(c) She doesn't like not seeing clearly.
(d) It scares her.
5. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
(b) "The worst kind of father."
(c) "His angel."
(d) "A good guy."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
2. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
3. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
4. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Chris call the sea in Act 2 when he and Anna are talking in the fog?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)