|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(b) Bon Apetite.
(c) Mazel tov.
2. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
3. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
(a) He loved his first wife too much.
(b) He doesn't want to be tied down.
(c) He is scared of marriage.
(d) He like living alone.
4. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
(a) Tells Chris Anna is waiting for him and then leaves.
(b) Jumps up and runs out the door.
(c) Brings Anna over to meet Chris.
(d) Calls Chris over to the table.
5. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
(a) The Schooner.
(b) Johnny-the-Priest's Saloon.
(c) The Longshoreman Saloon.
(d) Larry's Saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Anna just been released from at the beginning of the play?
2. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
3. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
4. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
5. What is Larry's job?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)