|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Short and redheaded.
(b) Brown hair and vibrant.
(c) Dressed like a nurse.
(d) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
2. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
(a) Is afraid of animals.
(b) Would like to own a farm.
(c) Best place for a kid to grow up.
(d) Too smelly for a child.
3. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
(a) Calls Chris over to the table.
(b) Tells Chris Anna is waiting for him and then leaves.
(c) Brings Anna over to meet Chris.
(d) Jumps up and runs out the door.
4. What is Larry's job?
5. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
(a) To take his photograph.
(b) To ask him to go to Florida with her.
(c) To get some money.
(d) To have a rest at his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
2. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
3. What does Chris say will help Anna get strong and healthy?
4. How long ago did Chris last see Anna?
5. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)