|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
(a) Couldn't get a train ticket.
(b) Too busy.
(d) The sea.
2. Where did Anna run away to?
(a) St. Paul.
3. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
(c) Nurse girl.
4. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
(b) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
(c) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
(d) Sips modestly at her drink.
5. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He feels ill.
(b) He looks too heavy.
(c) He has been drinking.
(d) He is exhausted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris first suggest Anna should order when she says she is thirsty in the bar?
2. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
3. What does Larry agree to hold for Chris?
4. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
5. How long ago did Chris last see Anna?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)