|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anna run away to?
(a) St. Paul.
2. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
(b) Sips modestly at her drink.
(c) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
(d) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
3. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
(a) Picks up her bag and thinks about leaving.
(b) Looks in a mirror and brushes her hair.
(c) Writes a quick letter.
(d) Sits back and relaxes.
4. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He has been drinking.
(c) He feels ill.
(d) He looks too heavy.
5. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
(a) Is skeptical about seeing her.
(b) Thinks the world of her.
(c) Thinks she is probably alright.
(d) Wishes she weren't coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chris's title?
2. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
3. What does Chris first suggest Anna should order when she says she is thirsty in the bar?
4. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
5. What is the first question that Marthy asks Anna at the bar?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)