|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
(a) Hastily dries her eyes and tries to smile.
(b) Claps her hands.
(c) Jumps up from her chair to help him.
(d) Says "Yum!"
2. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
3. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
(b) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
(c) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
(d) Sips modestly at her drink.
4. What is Larry reading behind the bar when Chris orders a glass of wine for Anna?
(b) Biology book.
5. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
(b) "She's reformin' you already."
(c) "You're done."
(d) "Good choice!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
2. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
3. What does Larry agree to hold for Chris?
4. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
5. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)