|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Dressed like a nurse.
(b) Brown hair and vibrant.
(c) Short and redheaded.
(d) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
2. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
3. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "She's reformin' you already."
(b) "You're done."
(c) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
(d) "Good choice!"
4. When Chris is talking to Anna with Marthy, how old does he think she is?
5. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
(a) To take his photograph.
(b) To get some money.
(c) To have a rest at his home.
(d) To ask him to go to Florida with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
2. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
3. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
4. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
5. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)