|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
(a) A relative's city condo.
(d) Her cousins' farm.
2. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
(a) Jumps up from her chair to help him.
(b) Claps her hands.
(c) Says "Yum!"
(d) Hastily dries her eyes and tries to smile.
3. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
(a) Nurse girl.
4. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He looks too heavy.
(b) He feels ill.
(c) He is exhausted.
(d) He has been drinking.
5. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
(a) Is skeptical about seeing her.
(b) Thinks she is probably alright.
(c) Wishes she weren't coming.
(d) Thinks the world of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
3. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
4. What does Marthy reveal to Anna?
5. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)