|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather in Act 3?
2. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
(a) "I will give up my life if this is not truth."
(b) "May I be struck by lightning if this is untrue."
(c) "I swear on my life."
(d) "And may the blackest curse of God strike me if I'm lying."
3. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
4. What toast does Anna make that Burke drinks to in the last scene of the play?
(a) "Here's to the sea, no matter what!"
(b) "May God smile on you."
(d) "Here's to us!"
5. Why does Anna push Chris out of the way in Act 3?
(a) She is afraid for him.
(b) She doesn't want him interfering.
(c) She is trying to save him.
(d) She saw Burke was trying to hurt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chris's barge?
2. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
3. What does Burke have in his hands when he rushes toward Anna in Act 3?
4. What does Chris plan to do with all the money he makes working on the steamer?
5. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)