|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
(a) Bows to it reverentially.
(b) Claps his hands with joy.
(c) Stands before it with open arms.
(d) Shakes his fist at it with bitter hatred.
2. Where is Anna planning to take the train to when she leaves the barge?
(c) New York.
3. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
(a) He is losing his memory.
(b) He is unfair.
(c) He is a good guy.
(d) He is mean.
4. What does Burke say he needs to drink in order to "wash that black kiss of yours off my lips"?
5. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
(a) She invites him to join them.
(b) She resents his bullying tone.
(c) She acts jealous of his attention to Burke.
(d) She is friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris do after Anna says to him he should have had her with him when she was a child?
2. What expression does Anna have in her eyes as she looks at Burke when he is rushing toward her in Act 3?
3. What does Burke promise Anna so she will not be alone for too long?
4. What does Burke have in his hands when he rushes toward Anna in Act 3?
5. What does Anna say just before throwing herself into a chair and sobbing hysterically in Act 3?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)