|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
(a) For everything he did wrong in her life.
(b) For forgetting her dinner.
(c) For knocking over her chair.
(d) For barging in without knocking.
2. What is the setting at the opening of Act 3?
(b) New Bedford.
3. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
4. When Chris interrupts Anna and Burke's embrace in Act 4, what does Burke do?
(a) Shakes Chris's hand.
(b) Is so startled he falls over.
(c) Steps toward Chris in a threatening manner.
(d) Has a coughing fit.
5. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
(a) The Schooner.
(b) The Longshoreman Saloon.
(c) Larry's Saloon.
(d) Johnny-the-Priest's Saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Burke tell Chris in the cabin when Anna is not there?
2. What happened to the sailors' steamer in Act 2?
3. What job did Chris get on a steamer that sets sail the next day?
4. What does Chris see when he looks out the cabin window into the night at the end of the play?
5. What does Burke make Anna swear that she is telling the truth about?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)