|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
2. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
3. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
4. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
5. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
Essay Topic 2
As this story is a representation of the mindset of people in a country following an upheaval or revolution, each character represents a typical group of people. Choose two characters from the novel and describe which group of people they represent and how their actions in the novel support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, the author uses clear, simple, and accessible language to construct the novel. Explain how this writing technique is useful for conveying the complex issues discussed throughout the novel. Include specific examples from the text to support your explanation.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)