|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
2. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
3. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
4. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
5. What happens to the food rations for the animals in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
2. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
3. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
4. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
5. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
6. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
7. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
8. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
9. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
10. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the character Boxer. Write an essay about this character and the decisions and actions he took throughout the story as well as his final fate. Make a judgment about these issues and use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining how you think things might have been different on the farm had Snowball not been driven off by the Napoleon and the dogs. Use specific events from the story and show how they might have been different had Snowball been in charge at that time.
Essay Topic 3
Can you describe a time in this country where you believe the ruler blatantly broke the founding principles upon which the country was based? How does this compare to the character of Napoleon in this novel?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)