|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
2. How many Commandments are there at the end of the novel?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
4. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
5. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
2. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
3. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
4. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
5. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
6. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
7. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
8. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
9. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
10. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of the perfect world is an underlying theme in this story. Discuss what the perfect world would be as described by the animals and what happened to that perfect world to destroy it.
Essay Topic 2
Can you describe a time in this country where you believe the ruler blatantly broke the founding principles upon which the country was based? How does this compare to the character of Napoleon in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)