|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
2. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
3. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
4. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
5. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
2. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
4. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
5. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
6. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
7. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
8. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
9. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
10. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of the perfect world is an underlying theme in this story. Discuss what the perfect world would be as described by the animals and what happened to that perfect world to destroy it.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Napoleon hid the fact that his animals were starving from others. Why would a leader of a country want to hide something like that? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Snowball's strength and commitment during the battle makes the other animals respect him even more. Describe a time in your own life where you felt you did something that earned the respect of others and whether or not it was justified.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)