|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
3. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
4. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
5. Who does Napoleon tell the animals have always been in league together?
Essay Topic 1
Can you describe a time in this country where you believe the ruler blatantly broke the founding principles upon which the country was based? How does this compare to the character of Napoleon in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Propaganda is continually used throughout this novel. Describe propaganda techniques you saw in the novel which you feel are still employed today. Then describe how you feel these techniques worked in the book and continue to work today.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, the character of Napoleon becomes more and more detached from reality. Describe the path this detachment took through the novel using details from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)