|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
2. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
3. Which character remains cynical by Chapter 10?
4. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
5. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
2. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
3. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
4. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
5. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
6. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
7. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
8. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
9. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how propaganda is used throughout this novel to change the views of the animals. Then compare that to the use of propaganda in today's society.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)