|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
2. What is added to the Sixth Commandment in Chapter 8?
3. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
4. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
5. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
2. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
3. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
4. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
5. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
6. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
7. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
8. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
9. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
10. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how you think things might have been different on the farm had Snowball not been driven off by the Napoleon and the dogs. Use specific events from the story and show how they might have been different had Snowball been in charge at that time.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Napoleon hid the fact that his animals were starving from others. Why would a leader of a country want to hide something like that? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)