|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is added to the Sixth Commandment in Chapter 8?
2. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
3. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
4. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
5. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
2. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
3. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
4. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
5. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
6. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
7. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
8. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
9. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
10. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about how the term Authoritarianism describes the style of leadership employed by the pigs. Be sure to include specific examples from the story to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the Seven Commandments of Animalism to the common Ten Commandments of Christianity. Be sure to use specific examples to support your comparisons.
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, why does Napoleon not disguise or cover up his actions as related to the breaking of the Seven Commandments? Use information from the text to support your opinions.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)