|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
2. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
3. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
4. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
5. How many hens starve to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
2. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
3. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
4. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
5. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
6. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
9. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
10. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, why does Napoleon not disguise or cover up his actions as related to the breaking of the Seven Commandments? Use information from the text to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Snowball's strength and commitment during the battle makes the other animals respect him even more. Describe a time in your own life where you felt you did something that earned the respect of others and whether or not it was justified.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)