|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
2. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
3. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
4. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
5. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
2. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
3. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
4. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
5. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
6. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
7. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
8. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
9. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
10. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how you think things might have been different on the farm had Snowball not been driven off by the Napoleon and the dogs. Use specific events from the story and show how they might have been different had Snowball been in charge at that time.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
Essay Topic 3
As this story is a representation of the mindset of people in a country following an upheaval or revolution, each character represents a typical group of people. Choose two characters from the novel and describe which group of people they represent and how their actions in the novel support your opinions.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)