|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
2. What do the animals do during the winter?
3. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
4. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
5. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
2. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
3. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
4. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
5. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
6. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
7. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
8. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
9. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
10. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the Seven Commandments of Animalism to the common Ten Commandments of Christianity. Be sure to use specific examples to support your comparisons.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Napoleon hid the fact that his animals were starving from others. Why would a leader of a country want to hide something like that? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how propaganda is used throughout this novel to change the views of the animals. Then compare that to the use of propaganda in today's society.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)