|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
2. What contributed greatly to the prosperity of the farm?
3. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
4. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
5. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
2. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
3. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
4. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
5. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
6. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
7. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
8. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
9. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
10. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of the perfect world is an underlying theme in this story. Discuss what the perfect world would be as described by the animals and what happened to that perfect world to destroy it.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, the author uses clear, simple, and accessible language to construct the novel. Explain how this writing technique is useful for conveying the complex issues discussed throughout the novel. Include specific examples from the text to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)