|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
2. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
3. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
4. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
5. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
2. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
3. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
4. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
5. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
6. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
7. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
8. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
9. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
10. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, why does Napoleon not disguise or cover up his actions as related to the breaking of the Seven Commandments? Use information from the text to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Propaganda is continually used throughout this novel. Describe propaganda techniques you saw in the novel which you feel are still employed today. Then describe how you feel these techniques worked in the book and continue to work today.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)