|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
2. What do the animals do during the winter?
3. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
4. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
5. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
2. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
3. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
4. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
5. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
6. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
7. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
8. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
9. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
10. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Can you describe a time in this country where you believe the ruler blatantly broke the founding principles upon which the country was based? How does this compare to the character of Napoleon in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)