|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
2. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
3. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
4. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
5. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
2. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
3. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
4. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
6. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
7. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
8. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
9. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
10. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, the character of Napoleon becomes more and more detached from reality. Describe the path this detachment took through the novel using details from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Write about how the term Authoritarianism describes the style of leadership employed by the pigs. Be sure to include specific examples from the story to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)