|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the animals do during the winter?
2. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
3. What happens to the animals who confess to treasonous crimes?
4. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
5. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
2. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
3. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
4. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
5. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
6. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
7. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
9. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
10. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Propaganda is continually used throughout this novel. Describe propaganda techniques you saw in the novel which you feel are still employed today. Then describe how you feel these techniques worked in the book and continue to work today.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining how you think things might have been different on the farm had Snowball not been driven off by the Napoleon and the dogs. Use specific events from the story and show how they might have been different had Snowball been in charge at that time.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)