|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
2. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
3. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
4. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
5. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
2. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
3. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
4. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
5. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
6. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
7. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
8. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
9. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
10. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)