|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
2. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
3. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
4. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
5. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
2. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
3. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
4. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
5. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
6. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
7. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
8. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
9. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
10. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Can you describe a time in this country where you believe the ruler blatantly broke the founding principles upon which the country was based? How does this compare to the character of Napoleon in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of the perfect world is an underlying theme in this story. Discuss what the perfect world would be as described by the animals and what happened to that perfect world to destroy it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the Seven Commandments changed from the beginning of the novel to the end. Be sure to include the reasons behind the changes to support your descriptions.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)