|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
2. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
3. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
4. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
5. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
2. How do the animals react to Animalism after they have the greatest harvest ever?
3. Who is left totally in charge of the farm at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
5. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
6. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
7. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
8. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
9. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
10. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Propaganda is continually used throughout this novel. Describe propaganda techniques you saw in the novel which you feel are still employed today. Then describe how you feel these techniques worked in the book and continue to work today.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)