|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
2. What do the animals do with the sheep who was shot by Mr. Jones?
3. How do the animals celebrate the fact that no humans remain on the farm?
4. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Mr. Jones talk to his friends about losing his farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which animal is favored by Mr. Jones over all of the other animals?
2. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
3. What do you think happened to Mollie?
4. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
5. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
6. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
7. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
8. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
9. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
10. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, why does Napoleon not disguise or cover up his actions as related to the breaking of the Seven Commandments? Use information from the text to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Snowball's strength and commitment during the battle makes the other animals respect him even more. Describe a time in your own life where you felt you did something that earned the respect of others and whether or not it was justified.
Essay Topic 3
Write about how the term Authoritarianism describes the style of leadership employed by the pigs. Be sure to include specific examples from the story to support your opinions.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)