|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
2. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
3. What happens to the puppies?
4. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
5. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
2. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
3. Who is left totally in charge of the farm at the end of Chapter 5?
4. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
5. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
6. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
7. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
8. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
9. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
10. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of the perfect world is an underlying theme in this story. Discuss what the perfect world would be as described by the animals and what happened to that perfect world to destroy it.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining how you think things might have been different on the farm had Snowball not been driven off by the Napoleon and the dogs. Use specific events from the story and show how they might have been different had Snowball been in charge at that time.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, the character of Napoleon becomes more and more detached from reality. Describe the path this detachment took through the novel using details from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)