|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
2. Which two pigs disagree on almost every point at the meetings?
3. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
4. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
5. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
2. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
3. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
4. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
5. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
6. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
7. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
8. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
9. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
10. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of the perfect world is an underlying theme in this story. Discuss what the perfect world would be as described by the animals and what happened to that perfect world to destroy it.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how propaganda is used throughout this novel to change the views of the animals. Then compare that to the use of propaganda in today's society.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)