|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
2. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
3. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
4. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
5. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
2. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
3. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
4. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
5. What do you think happened to Mollie?
6. Which animal is favored by Mr. Jones over all of the other animals?
7. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
10. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the Seven Commandments changed from the beginning of the novel to the end. Be sure to include the reasons behind the changes to support your descriptions.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, the character of Napoleon becomes more and more detached from reality. Describe the path this detachment took through the novel using details from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)