Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
2. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
3. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
4. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
5. Who takes the puppies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
2. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
3. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
4. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
5. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
6. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
10. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how you think things might have been different on the farm had Snowball not been driven off by the Napoleon and the dogs. Use specific events from the story and show how they might have been different had Snowball been in charge at that time.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, the author uses clear, simple, and accessible language to construct the novel. Explain how this writing technique is useful for conveying the complex issues discussed throughout the novel. Include specific examples from the text to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)