|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
2. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
3. Which of the following is not a pig on the farm?
4. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
5. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which animal is favored by Mr. Jones over all of the other animals?
2. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
3. How do the animals react to Animalism after they have the greatest harvest ever?
4. What do you think happened to Mollie?
5. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
6. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
7. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
8. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
9. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
10. Who is left totally in charge of the farm at the end of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the Seven Commandments changed from the beginning of the novel to the end. Be sure to include the reasons behind the changes to support your descriptions.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Napoleon hid the fact that his animals were starving from others. Why would a leader of a country want to hide something like that? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Snowball's strength and commitment during the battle makes the other animals respect him even more. Describe a time in your own life where you felt you did something that earned the respect of others and whether or not it was justified.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)