|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
2. How many puppies do the farm dogs have?
3. What do other animals on other farms begin to do by Chapter 4?
4. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
5. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is left totally in charge of the farm at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
3. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
4. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
5. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
6. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
7. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
8. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
9. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
10. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout this story, the author uses personification. Write an essay describing how the pigs in particular, became more and more human as the story progressed. Use specific examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the character Boxer. Write an essay about this character and the decisions and actions he took throughout the story as well as his final fate. Make a judgment about these issues and use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)