Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
2. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
3. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
4. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
5. Who takes the puppies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
2. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
3. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
4. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
5. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
6. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
10. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the character Boxer. Write an essay about this character and the decisions and actions he took throughout the story as well as his final fate. Make a judgment about these issues and use information from the text to support your judgment.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, why does Napoleon not disguise or cover up his actions as related to the breaking of the Seven Commandments? Use information from the text to support your opinions.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)