|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
2. Which animal is not mentioned in Chapter 4 at all?
3. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
4. Which of the following is the name of a horse?
5. How many commandments of Animalism do Napolean and Snowball teach the other animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
2. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
3. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
4. What do the arguments between Napoleon and Snowball cause?
5. What do you think happened to Mollie?
6. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
7. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
8. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
9. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
10. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, the character of Napoleon becomes more and more detached from reality. Describe the path this detachment took through the novel using details from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail what parallels can be drawn in this book between the animals' struggles and that of the Russian Revolution. Be specific and include at least five parallels.
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Napoleon hid the fact that his animals were starving from others. Why would a leader of a country want to hide something like that? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)