Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
2. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
3. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
4. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
5. Who takes the puppies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
2. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
3. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
4. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
5. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
6. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
10. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Snowball's strength and commitment during the battle makes the other animals respect him even more. Describe a time in your own life where you felt you did something that earned the respect of others and whether or not it was justified.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout this story, the author uses personification. Write an essay describing how the pigs in particular, became more and more human as the story progressed. Use specific examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail what parallels can be drawn in this book between the animals' struggles and that of the Russian Revolution. Be specific and include at least five parallels.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)