|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
2. What school of thought have the three pigs created?
3. Who acts as a spy for Mr. Jones?
4. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
5. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
2. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
3. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
4. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
5. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
6. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
7. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
10. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Napoleon hid the fact that his animals were starving from others. Why would a leader of a country want to hide something like that? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the Seven Commandments of Animalism to the common Ten Commandments of Christianity. Be sure to use specific examples to support your comparisons.
Essay Topic 3
Write about how the term Authoritarianism describes the style of leadership employed by the pigs. Be sure to include specific examples from the story to support your opinions.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)