|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal is not mentioned in Chapter 4 at all?
2. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
3. Where does Mr. Jones talk to his friends about losing his farm?
4. Where does Animal Farm begin?
5. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
2. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
3. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
4. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
5. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
6. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
7. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
8. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
9. What do you think happened to Mollie?
10. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, the author uses clear, simple, and accessible language to construct the novel. Explain how this writing technique is useful for conveying the complex issues discussed throughout the novel. Include specific examples from the text to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how propaganda is used throughout this novel to change the views of the animals. Then compare that to the use of propaganda in today's society.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)