Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
2. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
3. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
4. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
5. Who takes the puppies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
2. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
3. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
4. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
5. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
6. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
10. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
Describe how propaganda is used throughout this novel to change the views of the animals. Then compare that to the use of propaganda in today's society.
Throughout the story, the character of Napoleon becomes more and more detached from reality. Describe the path this detachment took through the novel using details from the novel to support your ideas.
As this story is a representation of the mindset of people in a country following an upheaval or revolution, each character represents a typical group of people. Choose two characters from the novel and describe which group of people they represent and how their actions in the novel support your opinions.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)