|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
2. How many commandments of Animalism do Napolean and Snowball teach the other animals?
3. What does Mr. Jones do during the battle in Chapter 4?
4. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
5. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
2. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
3. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
4. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
5. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
6. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
7. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
8. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
9. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
10. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about how the term Authoritarianism describes the style of leadership employed by the pigs. Be sure to include specific examples from the story to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
As this story is a representation of the mindset of people in a country following an upheaval or revolution, each character represents a typical group of people. Choose two characters from the novel and describe which group of people they represent and how their actions in the novel support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how propaganda is used throughout this novel to change the views of the animals. Then compare that to the use of propaganda in today's society.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)