|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are people/animals gathering to hear speak in Chapter 1?
2. What is the power Snowball wants to create to be used for?
3. Where does Animal Farm begin?
4. In what state does Mr. Jones head to bed at the beginning of the story?
5. After the dogs drive the animal from the farm, what does Napoleon no longer deem necessary?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
2. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
3. Who is left totally in charge of the farm at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Which animal is favored by Mr. Jones over all of the other animals?
5. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
6. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
7. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
8. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
9. What does Snowball proclaim is the only good human?
10. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Snowball's strength and commitment during the battle makes the other animals respect him even more. Describe a time in your own life where you felt you did something that earned the respect of others and whether or not it was justified.
Essay Topic 2
Write about how the term Authoritarianism describes the style of leadership employed by the pigs. Be sure to include specific examples from the story to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the concept of a puppet democracy in an Authoritarian government. Be sure to describe what it is and how it works.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)