|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the puppies?
2. Whose strength do the animals rely on during the harvest?
3. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
4. Which animal is not mentioned in Chapter 4 at all?
5. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
2. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
4. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
5. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
6. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
7. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
8. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
9. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
10. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about how the term Authoritarianism describes the style of leadership employed by the pigs. Be sure to include specific examples from the story to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
The concept of the perfect world is an underlying theme in this story. Discuss what the perfect world would be as described by the animals and what happened to that perfect world to destroy it.
Essay Topic 3
Propaganda is continually used throughout this novel. Describe propaganda techniques you saw in the novel which you feel are still employed today. Then describe how you feel these techniques worked in the book and continue to work today.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)