|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the animals change the sign which says "Manor Farm" to say?
2. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
3. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
4. What does Mr. Jones do during the battle in Chapter 4?
5. How many commandments of Animalism do Napolean and Snowball teach the other animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
2. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
3. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
4. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
5. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
6. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
7. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
8. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
9. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
10. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
Essay Topic 2
As this story is a representation of the mindset of people in a country following an upheaval or revolution, each character represents a typical group of people. Choose two characters from the novel and describe which group of people they represent and how their actions in the novel support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the differences in the class system throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)