|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
2. Who attacks the animals in Chapter 2?
3. What do the animals do after the battle in Chapter 4?
4. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
5. In Chapter 5, which animal becomes more resistant to doing their part of the work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
2. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
3. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
4. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
5. What does Snowball proclaim is the only good human?
6. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
7. What do you think happened to Mollie?
8. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
9. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
10. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the characters of Napoleon and Snowball. Include at least five similarities and differences between these characters.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how propaganda is used throughout this novel to change the views of the animals. Then compare that to the use of propaganda in today's society.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail what parallels can be drawn in this book between the animals' struggles and that of the Russian Revolution. Be specific and include at least five parallels.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)