|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Whymper.
2. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
3. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
(a) A new set of commandments.
(b) A picture.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
4. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
5. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(b) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(c) It is barely touched.
(d) It falls to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
2. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
4. Who declares the battle in Chapter 8 a victory?
5. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
2. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
3. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
5. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
6. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
7. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
8. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
9. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
10. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)