|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
2. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
(a) The windmill.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The timber.
(d) The barn.
3. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Case of whiskey.
(b) Case of beer.
(c) Case of water.
(d) Case of ale.
4. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
(a) Pigs and dogs.
(b) Dogs and horses.
(c) Pigs and horses.
(d) Pigs and hens.
5. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
(b) Seven Commandments.
(c) Boxer's slaughter.
(d) Division of classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
2. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
3. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
4. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
5. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
3. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
4. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
5. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
6. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
7. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
8. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
9. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
10. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)