|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Whymper.
(d) Mr. Jones.
2. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
3. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
(b) Thrown on the pile of treasonous animals.
(c) Boiled alive.
(d) Buried on the farm.
4. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
(a) Living in the farmhouse.
(b) Working harder like Boxer.
(c) Work on Sundays.
(d) Trade with neighboring farms.
5. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
(a) Snowball's farm.
(b) Frederick's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
2. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
3. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
4. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
3. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
4. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
5. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
6. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
7. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
8. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
9. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
10. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)