|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
2. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
(a) To steal from the animals.
(b) To create a new rebellion.
(c) To keep them content.
(d) To become the leader.
3. What do Squealer's lists indicate?
(a) The animals' lives are better and getting better.
(b) The animals' lives will get better soon.
(c) The animals need to work harder to have better lives.
(d) The animals' lives are worse and getting worse.
4. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Rebuilding the windmill.
(b) Hunting for Snowball.
(c) Growing crops.
(d) Avoiding Napoleon.
5. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
2. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
3. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
4. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
5. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
2. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
3. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
4. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
5. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
6. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
7. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
8. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
10. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)