|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
(a) "Except for Napoleon" is added.
(b) "To Excess" is added.
(c) It changes positions with the sixth Commandment.
(d) It is deleted totally.
2. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More hens.
(b) More animals to help build the windmill.
(d) Grain and meal.
3. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
4. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(a) Meets expectations.
(d) Stays the same.
5. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Squealer and Snowball.
(b) Boxer and Clover.
(c) Clover and Snowball.
(d) Boxer and Snowball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
2. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
3. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
5. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
2. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
3. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
4. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
5. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
6. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
7. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
8. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
10. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)