|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
2. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
(a) Aging and dying off of the animals involved in the rebellion.
(b) Smoking and drinking.
(c) Building and selling windmills.
(d) Stealing money from the neighbors.
3. Who declares the battle in Chapter 8 a victory?
4. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
(a) Squealer refuses to allow them to talk about life before the revolution.
(b) They die.
(c) Napoleon has them killed.
(d) They leave the farm.
5. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Raise money for the windmill's machinery.
(b) Pay the animals for their hard work.
(c) Buy Napoleon new items for the farmhouse.
(d) Buy food for the animals on the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
2. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
3. How many hens starve to death?
4. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
5. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
2. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
3. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
4. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
5. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
7. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
8. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
9. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
10. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)