|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
(a) A poem written by Napoleon.
(b) A portrait and poem of Napoleon.
(c) The Seven Commandments alone.
(d) A portrait of Napoleon.
2. How many hens starve to death?
3. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
(a) Boiled alive.
(b) Buried on the farm.
(d) Thrown on the pile of treasonous animals.
4. What does Napoleon order the hens to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Move off of the farm.
(b) Hide their eggs.
(c) Lay more eggs.
(d) Give up their eggs.
5. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) No food for winter.
(b) Not enough food for winter.
(c) Just enough for winter.
(d) Plenty of food for winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do the hens go without food?
2. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
3. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
4. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
5. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
2. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
3. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
4. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
5. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
6. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
7. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
8. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
9. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
10. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)