|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(d) A new windmill.
2. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
(a) Dogs and horses.
(b) Pigs and horses.
(c) Pigs and dogs.
(d) Pigs and hens.
3. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Whymper.
4. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(b) He be found and killed.
(c) He fix the windmill.
(d) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
5. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
2. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
4. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
5. Who declares the battle in Chapter 8 a victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
2. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
3. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
4. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
6. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
7. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
8. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
9. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
10. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)