|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
2. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Buy food for the animals on the farm.
(b) Buy Napoleon new items for the farmhouse.
(c) Pay the animals for their hard work.
(d) Raise money for the windmill's machinery.
3. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) Production increases.
(b) The new Commandments.
(c) Deaths of those committing treason.
(d) Where Snowball is.
4. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
5. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
2. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
4. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
5. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
2. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
3. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
4. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
5. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
6. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
7. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
8. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
9. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)