|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
2. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
3. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
(a) The timber.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The barn.
(d) The windmill.
4. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
(a) To create a new rebellion.
(b) To steal from the animals.
(c) To become the leader.
(d) To keep them content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon order the hens to do in Chapter 7?
2. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
3. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
4. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
5. What happens to the food rations for the animals in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
2. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
3. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
4. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
5. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
6. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
7. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
8. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
9. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
10. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)