|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
2. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
(a) To steal from the animals.
(b) To become the leader.
(c) To create a new rebellion.
(d) To keep them content.
3. Which character remains cynical by Chapter 10?
4. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(a) Our reverent leader.
(b) Our comrade.
(c) Our leader, comrade.
5. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
2. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
3. How many days do the hens go without food?
4. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
5. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
2. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
3. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
4. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
5. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
6. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
7. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
8. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
9. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
10. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)