|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
(a) Republic Celebrations.
(b) Spontaneous Demonstrations.
(c) Spontaneous Republics.
(d) Republic Demonstrations.
2. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
3. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
(a) Stealing money from the neighbors.
(b) Building and selling windmills.
(c) Aging and dying off of the animals involved in the rebellion.
(d) Smoking and drinking.
4. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
5. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
2. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
3. What do the animals do during the winter?
4. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
5. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
2. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
3. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
4. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
5. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
6. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
7. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
8. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
9. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
10. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)