|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
2. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
3. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(a) Our leader, comrade.
(c) Our comrade.
(d) Our reverent leader.
4. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
(a) To build a windmill.
(b) To feed the animals.
(c) To add another schoolhouse to the farm.
(d) To raise money.
5. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
(a) Dogs and pigs.
(b) Dogs only.
(c) Pigs and horses.
(d) Pigs only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
2. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
3. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
4. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
5. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
2. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
3. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
4. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
5. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
6. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
7. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
8. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
9. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
10. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)