|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More animals to help build the windmill.
(b) More hens.
(d) Grain and meal.
2. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
3. What happens to the food rations for the animals in Chapter 9?
(a) They are the same.
(b) There is no food left.
(c) They are increased.
(d) They are reduced.
4. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
5. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) None of it.
(b) Three fourths of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) Half of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
2. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
3. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
4. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
5. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
2. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
4. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
5. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
6. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
7. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
8. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
9. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
10. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)