|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
(a) The pigs are better than the other animals.
(b) They need to be rested to keep the farm running.
(c) Mr. Jones was seen back on the farm.
(d) There are no sheets.
2. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
3. What does Napoleon order the hens to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Move off of the farm.
(b) Lay more eggs.
(c) Give up their eggs.
(d) Hide their eggs.
4. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
5. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
(a) "Napoleon good, Snowball bad!"
(b) "Napoleon, our two legged leader!"
(c) "Four legs good, two legs better!"
(d) "Two legs good, Four legs better!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
2. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
3. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
4. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
5. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
2. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
3. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
4. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
5. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
6. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
7. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
8. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
9. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
10. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)