|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
(a) The house and barn.
(b) The Seven Commandments.
(c) The other animals.
(d) The windmill.
2. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
(a) Snowball's farm.
(b) Frederick's farm.
3. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
4. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
(a) Work on Sundays.
(b) Working harder like Boxer.
(c) Trade with neighboring farms.
(d) Living in the farmhouse.
5. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
(a) Dogs and horses.
(b) Pigs and hens.
(c) Pigs and dogs.
(d) Pigs and horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
2. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
3. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
4. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
5. How many men does Frederick take with him to attack the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
2. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
3. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
4. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
5. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
6. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
7. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
8. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
9. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
10. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)