|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
(a) Mr. Whymper.
(c) Mr. Jones.
3. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) Grain and meal.
(b) More animals to help build the windmill.
(d) More hens.
4. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
5. How many Commandments are there at the end of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
2. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
3. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
4. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
5. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
2. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
3. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
4. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
5. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
6. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
7. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
8. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
9. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
10. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)