|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days do the hens go without food?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
2. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
(a) They read it on the side of their truck.
(b) Squealer tells them.
(c) Boxer announces it himself.
(d) Napoleon announces it.
3. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(a) Meets expectations.
(c) Stays the same.
4. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They take over the farm.
(b) They are driven from the farm.
(c) They wave a flag of surrender.
(d) They are all killed.
5. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Whymper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
2. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
3. Who declares the battle in Chapter 8 a victory?
4. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
5. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
2. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
3. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
4. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
5. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
6. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
7. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
8. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
9. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
10. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)