|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
(a) Mr. Whymper.
(b) Mr. Jones.
2. Which kind of animal's population grows larger than any other?
3. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
4. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(a) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
(c) Human characteristics.
(d) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
5. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hens starve to death?
2. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
3. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
4. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
5. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must the hens increase their production in Chapter 9?
2. What does Napoleon do to Boxer in Chapter 9?
3. What do the animals despise about trading with Mr. Whymper?
4. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
5. Why do the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
6. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
7. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
8. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
9. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
10. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)