|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
(a) Mr. Whymper.
(b) Mr. Jones.
2. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Just enough for winter.
(b) Not enough food for winter.
(c) Plenty of food for winter.
(d) No food for winter.
3. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
(a) 40 hours/week.
(b) 60 hours/week.
(c) 70 hours/week.
(d) 80 hours/week.
4. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) All of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) Half of it.
(d) Three fourths of it.
5. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the food rations for the animals in Chapter 9?
2. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
3. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
5. Which character remains cynical by Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
3. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
4. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
5. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
6. Why are the animals changing the Commandments?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
9. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
10. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)