|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Growing crops.
(b) Avoiding Napoleon.
(c) Hunting for Snowball.
(d) Rebuilding the windmill.
3. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
4. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Puts them in the windmill.
(b) Buries them.
(c) Throws them off of the farm.
(d) Puts them in a pile.
5. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
(b) Boiled alive.
(c) Buried on the farm.
(d) Thrown on the pile of treasonous animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
2. What do Squealer's lists indicate?
3. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
4. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
5. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boxer do as his hoof heals?
2. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
3. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Napoleon order in regards to Snowball?
5. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
6. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
7. Why do the animals begin to have some doubts about Napoleon and the things he is doing by Chapter 6?
8. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
9. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
10. When the animals look at the Seven Commandments about sleeping in a bed, what do they find?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)