|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
(a) Napoleon announces it.
(b) They read it on the side of their truck.
(c) Boxer announces it himself.
(d) Squealer tells them.
2. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
(a) Boxer's slaughter.
(b) Division of classes.
(d) Seven Commandments.
3. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Just enough for winter.
(b) Plenty of food for winter.
(c) No food for winter.
(d) Not enough food for winter.
4. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More animals to help build the windmill.
(b) Grain and meal.
(d) More hens.
5. How many men does Frederick take with him to attack the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
2. How many hens starve to death?
3. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
4. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
5. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
2. How does Squealer portray Snowball in Chapter 7?
3. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
4. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
5. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
6. What do the animals do when Frederick and his fifteen men attack?
7. How do the pigs celebrate the victory over Frederick and his fifteen men?
8. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
9. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
10. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)