|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
(a) Living in the farmhouse.
(b) Working harder like Boxer.
(c) Work on Sundays.
(d) Trade with neighboring farms.
2. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
3. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
(a) To steal from the animals.
(b) To keep them content.
(c) To create a new rebellion.
(d) To become the leader.
4. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
(a) The other animals.
(b) The house and barn.
(c) The windmill.
(d) The Seven Commandments.
6. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
(a) It goes smoothly.
(b) The animals have no easy method to transport rocks.
(c) The animals have no way to break down rocks.
(d) It is difficult.
7. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He be found and killed.
(b) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
(c) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(d) He fix the windmill.
8. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) All of it.
(b) Half of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) Three fourths of it.
9. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
(a) The pigs are better than the other animals.
(b) There are no sheets.
(c) Mr. Jones was seen back on the farm.
(d) They need to be rested to keep the farm running.
10. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
11. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(a) Human characteristics.
(b) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
(d) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
12. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Whymper.
(d) Mr. Smith.
13. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
14. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
(a) Boiled alive.
(c) Thrown on the pile of treasonous animals.
(d) Buried on the farm.
15. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
2. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
3. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
4. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
5. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)