|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(c) Stays the same.
(d) Meets expectations.
2. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
3. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They are all killed.
(b) They take over the farm.
(c) They wave a flag of surrender.
(d) They are driven from the farm.
4. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Build a windmill.
(b) Walk upright.
(c) Make beer.
(d) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
5. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
6. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
(a) 80 hours/week.
(b) 40 hours/week.
(c) 60 hours/week.
(d) 70 hours/week.
7. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
8. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
9. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
(a) They fall short.
(b) More food is bought from Mr. Whymper.
(c) Food is stored in the windmill.
(d) They are plentiful.
10. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Clover and Snowball.
(b) Squealer and Snowball.
(c) Boxer and Clover.
(d) Boxer and Snowball.
11. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
(a) A picture.
(b) A poem.
(c) A new set of commandments.
(d) A song.
12. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
(a) To feed the animals.
(b) To add another schoolhouse to the farm.
(c) To build a windmill.
(d) To raise money.
13. Who does Napoleon tell the animals have always been in league together?
(a) Snowball and Mr. Whymper.
(b) Mr. Jones and Snowball.
(c) Mr. Jones and Mr. Whymper.
(d) Squealer and Mr. Jones.
14. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
15. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
2. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
3. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
4. Who declares the battle in Chapter 8 a victory?
5. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)