|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
(a) November and December.
(b) December and January.
(c) January and February.
(d) December and February.
2. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) None of it.
(b) Three fourths of it.
(c) Half of it.
(d) All of it.
3. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
(b) The pigs.
(c) The dogs.
4. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
(a) Paraffin oil.
(d) Dog biscuits.
5. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They wave a flag of surrender.
(b) They are driven from the farm.
(c) They take over the farm.
(d) They are all killed.
6. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
7. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
(a) 600 eggs.
(b) 6,000 eggs.
(c) 2,000 eggs.
(d) 200 eggs.
8. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
(a) To become the leader.
(b) To steal from the animals.
(c) To keep them content.
(d) To create a new rebellion.
9. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(a) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
(b) Human characteristics.
(d) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
10. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(a) Rewards he will reap.
(b) His hatred of man.
11. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
(a) They die.
(b) Napoleon has them killed.
(c) Squealer refuses to allow them to talk about life before the revolution.
(d) They leave the farm.
12. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
(a) Mr. Jones was seen back on the farm.
(b) The pigs are better than the other animals.
(c) They need to be rested to keep the farm running.
(d) There are no sheets.
13. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
14. Which character remains cynical by Chapter 10?
15. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
(a) Republic Demonstrations.
(b) Spontaneous Republics.
(c) Spontaneous Demonstrations.
(d) Republic Celebrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
2. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
3. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
4. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)