|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Walk upright.
(b) Build a windmill.
(c) Make beer.
(d) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
2. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He stops their food rations.
(b) He orders them off of the farm.
(c) He kills them.
(d) He gives in and the hens win.
3. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) None of it.
(b) Three fourths of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) Half of it.
4. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
5. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
(a) The house and barn.
(b) The windmill.
(c) The other animals.
(d) The Seven Commandments.
6. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
(a) Food is stored in the windmill.
(b) They fall short.
(c) They are plentiful.
(d) More food is bought from Mr. Whymper.
7. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
8. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Pay the animals for their hard work.
(b) Buy food for the animals on the farm.
(c) Buy Napoleon new items for the farmhouse.
(d) Raise money for the windmill's machinery.
9. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
10. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
11. What happens to the animals who confess to treasonous crimes?
(a) Removed from the farm.
(c) Put into slave labor.
(d) Sent to work with Snowball.
12. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
13. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
(a) Brew beer.
(b) Create poison.
(c) Feed the horses.
(d) Make soup for the animals.
14. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
(b) The pigs.
(d) The dogs.
15. What happens to the food rations for the animals in Chapter 9?
(a) They are the same.
(b) They are reduced.
(c) They are increased.
(d) There is no food left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
2. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
3. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
4. How many hens starve to death?
5. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)