|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More animals to help build the windmill.
(c) More hens.
(d) Grain and meal.
2. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
3. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Rebuilding the windmill.
(b) Avoiding Napoleon.
(c) Hunting for Snowball.
(d) Growing crops.
5. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Case of water.
(b) Case of whiskey.
(c) Case of ale.
(d) Case of beer.
6. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Whymper.
7. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
8. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
(a) The windmill.
(b) The timber.
(c) The barn.
(d) The farmhouse.
9. Which of the Seven Commandments does Napoleon break by slaughtering the animals whom he forced to confess to treason?
10. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
11. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
12. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
(a) Food is stored in the windmill.
(b) More food is bought from Mr. Whymper.
(c) They are plentiful.
(d) They fall short.
13. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
14. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
15. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
(a) Spontaneous Republics.
(b) Republic Celebrations.
(c) Spontaneous Demonstrations.
(d) Republic Demonstrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
2. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
3. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
4. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
5. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)