|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
2. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
3. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
(a) It is difficult.
(b) The animals have no way to break down rocks.
(c) It goes smoothly.
(d) The animals have no easy method to transport rocks.
4. What is added to the Sixth Commandment in Chapter 8?
(a) With permission of Napoleon.
(b) Unless provoked.
(c) Without cause.
5. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
6. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Build a windmill.
(b) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
(c) Make beer.
(d) Walk upright.
7. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Case of whiskey.
(b) Case of water.
(c) Case of ale.
(d) Case of beer.
8. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
(a) A picture.
(b) A new set of commandments.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
9. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Throws them off of the farm.
(b) Puts them in a pile.
(c) Buries them.
(d) Puts them in the windmill.
10. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
(a) Mr. Jones was seen back on the farm.
(b) They need to be rested to keep the farm running.
(c) The pigs are better than the other animals.
(d) There are no sheets.
11. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
12. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) Half of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) Three fourths of it.
(d) All of it.
13. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
(a) The timber.
(b) The windmill.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The barn.
14. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
15. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Plenty of food for winter.
(b) Just enough for winter.
(c) Not enough food for winter.
(d) No food for winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
2. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
3. What does Napoleon order the hens to do in Chapter 7?
4. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
5. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)