|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(a) Stays the same.
(c) Meets expectations.
2. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
3. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
(a) To add another schoolhouse to the farm.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To feed the animals.
(d) To build a windmill.
4. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(c) His hatred of man.
(d) Rewards he will reap.
5. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
6. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
(a) They leave the farm.
(b) They die.
(c) Napoleon has them killed.
(d) Squealer refuses to allow them to talk about life before the revolution.
7. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
(a) 40 hours/week.
(b) 80 hours/week.
(c) 70 hours/week.
(d) 60 hours/week.
8. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(b) More animals to help build the windmill.
(c) Grain and meal.
(d) More hens.
9. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
10. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
(a) Pigs and horses.
(b) Dogs and pigs.
(c) Pigs only.
(d) Dogs only.
11. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
12. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
13. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
(b) Singing the song by Minimus the poet.
(c) Eating without permission.
(d) Working on the farm.
14. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(a) Our comrade.
(c) Our leader, comrade.
(d) Our reverent leader.
15. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) Production increases.
(b) The new Commandments.
(c) Deaths of those committing treason.
(d) Where Snowball is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do the hens go without food?
2. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
3. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
4. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
5. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)