|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
(a) "To Excess" is added.
(b) "Except for Napoleon" is added.
(c) It is deleted totally.
(d) It changes positions with the sixth Commandment.
2. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
(a) The windmill.
(b) The barn.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The timber.
3. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
(b) Sugarcandy Mountain.
(d) Mr. Jones.
4. What does Napoleon order the hens to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Move off of the farm.
(b) Give up their eggs.
(c) Hide their eggs.
(d) Lay more eggs.
5. What contributed greatly to the prosperity of the farm?
(a) The leadership of Napoleon.
(b) The hardwork of Boxer.
(c) The building of the windmill.
(d) The beer made from the barley.
6. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He fix the windmill.
(b) He be found and killed.
(c) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
(d) He be found and brought back to the farm.
7. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
(a) They are plentiful.
(b) More food is bought from Mr. Whymper.
(c) Food is stored in the windmill.
(d) They fall short.
8. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(a) It is barely touched.
(c) It falls to the ground.
(d) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
9. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
(b) Frederick's farm.
(c) Snowball's farm.
10. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Boxer and Snowball.
(b) Boxer and Clover.
(c) Squealer and Snowball.
(d) Clover and Snowball.
11. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) Where Snowball is.
(b) The new Commandments.
(c) Production increases.
(d) Deaths of those committing treason.
12. What do Squealer's lists indicate?
(a) The animals' lives will get better soon.
(b) The animals' lives are worse and getting worse.
(c) The animals need to work harder to have better lives.
(d) The animals' lives are better and getting better.
13. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Pay the animals for their hard work.
(b) Buy Napoleon new items for the farmhouse.
(c) Raise money for the windmill's machinery.
(d) Buy food for the animals on the farm.
14. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(a) Meets expectations.
(d) Stays the same.
15. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
(a) The animals have no easy method to transport rocks.
(b) The animals have no way to break down rocks.
(c) It is difficult.
(d) It goes smoothly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
2. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
3. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
4. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
5. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)