|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
2. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
(a) They read it on the side of their truck.
(b) Boxer announces it himself.
(c) Napoleon announces it.
(d) Squealer tells them.
3. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(c) A new windmill.
4. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(a) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
(b) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
(d) Human characteristics.
5. What contributed greatly to the prosperity of the farm?
(a) The building of the windmill.
(b) The hardwork of Boxer.
(c) The leadership of Napoleon.
(d) The beer made from the barley.
6. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
(a) The pigs.
(d) The dogs.
7. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
8. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
(a) December and February.
(b) November and December.
(c) December and January.
(d) January and February.
9. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
(a) 200 eggs.
(b) 600 eggs.
(c) 6,000 eggs.
(d) 2,000 eggs.
10. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
(a) Aging and dying off of the animals involved in the rebellion.
(b) Building and selling windmills.
(c) Smoking and drinking.
(d) Stealing money from the neighbors.
11. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
(a) Boxer's slaughter.
(b) Division of classes.
(d) Seven Commandments.
12. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(a) Our comrade.
(b) Our reverent leader.
(c) Our leader, comrade.
13. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
(a) A song.
(b) A new set of commandments.
(c) A picture.
(d) A poem.
14. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(a) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(b) It is barely touched.
(c) It falls to the ground.
15. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the animals do during the winter?
2. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
3. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
4. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
5. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)