|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Jones' clothes.
(b) Smoking jackets.
(d) Hats and glasses.
2. What contributed greatly to the prosperity of the farm?
(a) The hardwork of Boxer.
(b) The leadership of Napoleon.
(c) The beer made from the barley.
(d) The building of the windmill.
3. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Napoleon tell the animals have always been in league together?
(a) Mr. Jones and Mr. Whymper.
(b) Snowball and Mr. Whymper.
(c) Mr. Jones and Snowball.
(d) Squealer and Mr. Jones.
5. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
6. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
(a) It changes positions with the sixth Commandment.
(b) "To Excess" is added.
(c) "Except for Napoleon" is added.
(d) It is deleted totally.
7. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Plenty of food for winter.
(b) Just enough for winter.
(c) Not enough food for winter.
(d) No food for winter.
8. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) Deaths of those committing treason.
(b) The new Commandments.
(c) Production increases.
(d) Where Snowball is.
9. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(a) It falls to the ground.
(c) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(d) It is barely touched.
10. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(c) A new windmill.
11. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
12. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
13. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
14. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
15. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
(a) The Seven Commandments.
(b) The windmill.
(c) The other animals.
(d) The house and barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
2. What do the animals do during the winter?
3. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
4. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
5. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)