|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Puts them in a pile.
(b) Throws them off of the farm.
(c) Buries them.
(d) Puts them in the windmill.
2. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
3. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(a) Our leader, comrade.
(c) Our reverent leader.
(d) Our comrade.
4. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
(a) The house and barn.
(b) The windmill.
(c) The Seven Commandments.
(d) The other animals.
6. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
(a) Dogs and horses.
(b) Pigs and hens.
(c) Pigs and dogs.
(d) Pigs and horses.
7. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
8. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(c) His hatred of man.
(d) Rewards he will reap.
9. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Case of whiskey.
(b) Case of beer.
(c) Case of ale.
(d) Case of water.
10. How many men does Frederick take with him to attack the farm?
11. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
(a) Brew beer.
(b) Create poison.
(c) Feed the horses.
(d) Make soup for the animals.
12. How many days do the hens go without food?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
13. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(a) Meets expectations.
(b) Stays the same.
14. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
(b) Hats and glasses.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Jones' clothes.
(d) Smoking jackets.
15. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
(a) A portrait of Napoleon.
(b) A poem written by Napoleon.
(c) A portrait and poem of Napoleon.
(d) The Seven Commandments alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
2. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
3. What happens to the food rations for the animals in Chapter 9?
4. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
5. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)