|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(d) Sugarcandy Mountain.
2. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Buries them.
(b) Puts them in a pile.
(c) Throws them off of the farm.
(d) Puts them in the windmill.
3. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) The new Commandments.
(b) Production increases.
(c) Where Snowball is.
(d) Deaths of those committing treason.
4. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
(a) 200 eggs.
(b) 6,000 eggs.
(c) 2,000 eggs.
(d) 600 eggs.
5. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He stops their food rations.
(b) He gives in and the hens win.
(c) He kills them.
(d) He orders them off of the farm.
6. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
7. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Plenty of food for winter.
(b) Not enough food for winter.
(c) No food for winter.
(d) Just enough for winter.
8. Which character remains cynical by Chapter 10?
9. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
(a) Mr. Whymper.
(b) Mr. Jones.
10. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
11. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
12. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
(a) Spontaneous Demonstrations.
(b) Spontaneous Republics.
(c) Republic Celebrations.
(d) Republic Demonstrations.
13. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
14. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
15. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
(a) To keep them content.
(b) To create a new rebellion.
(c) To steal from the animals.
(d) To become the leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who declares the battle in Chapter 8 a victory?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
3. How many hens starve to death?
4. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
5. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)