|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Build a windmill.
(b) Make beer.
(c) Walk upright.
(d) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
2. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
(b) Smoking jackets.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Jones' clothes.
(d) Hats and glasses.
3. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(a) Rewards he will reap.
(d) His hatred of man.
4. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He stops their food rations.
(b) He kills them.
(c) He orders them off of the farm.
(d) He gives in and the hens win.
5. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
6. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(a) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(b) It falls to the ground.
(c) It is barely touched.
7. What battle does Squealer talk of in Chapter 7?
(a) Battle of the Cow Farm.
(b) Battle of Cowshed.
(c) Battle of the Windmill.
(d) Battle of Animal Farm.
8. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
9. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
(a) 6,000 eggs.
(b) 200 eggs.
(c) 2,000 eggs.
(d) 600 eggs.
10. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
11. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Just enough for winter.
(b) Not enough food for winter.
(c) Plenty of food for winter.
(d) No food for winter.
12. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
(a) It is difficult.
(b) It goes smoothly.
(c) The animals have no easy method to transport rocks.
(d) The animals have no way to break down rocks.
13. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
14. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Rebuilding the windmill.
(b) Growing crops.
(c) Hunting for Snowball.
(d) Avoiding Napoleon.
15. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Squealer and Snowball.
(b) Clover and Snowball.
(c) Boxer and Clover.
(d) Boxer and Snowball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the animals do during the winter?
2. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
3. Which kind of animal's population grows larger than any other?
4. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
5. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)