|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
2. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
(a) 2,000 eggs.
(b) 200 eggs.
(c) 600 eggs.
(d) 6,000 eggs.
3. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
4. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
(a) December and January.
(b) December and February.
(c) January and February.
(d) November and December.
5. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
(a) Boxer announces it himself.
(b) Squealer tells them.
(c) Napoleon announces it.
(d) They read it on the side of their truck.
6. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He fix the windmill.
(b) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
(c) He be found and killed.
(d) He be found and brought back to the farm.
7. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Walk upright.
(b) Make beer.
(c) Build a windmill.
(d) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
8. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(c) A new windmill.
9. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
10. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Not enough food for winter.
(b) Plenty of food for winter.
(c) No food for winter.
(d) Just enough for winter.
11. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
12. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Buries them.
(b) Puts them in the windmill.
(c) Puts them in a pile.
(d) Throws them off of the farm.
13. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
14. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He gives in and the hens win.
(b) He stops their food rations.
(c) He orders them off of the farm.
(d) He kills them.
15. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
(a) 40 hours/week.
(b) 60 hours/week.
(c) 70 hours/week.
(d) 80 hours/week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
2. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
3. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
4. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
5. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)