|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
(a) Pigs and horses.
(b) Dogs and horses.
(c) Pigs and hens.
(d) Pigs and dogs.
2. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
(a) Napoleon has them killed.
(b) Squealer refuses to allow them to talk about life before the revolution.
(c) They leave the farm.
(d) They die.
3. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Whymper.
(d) Mr. Jones.
4. Which kind of animal's population grows larger than any other?
5. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
(a) Frederick's farm.
(b) Snowball's farm.
6. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
7. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
(a) 40 hours/week.
(b) 70 hours/week.
(c) 80 hours/week.
(d) 60 hours/week.
8. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
9. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More animals to help build the windmill.
(b) Grain and meal.
(c) More hens.
10. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Hunting for Snowball.
(b) Avoiding Napoleon.
(c) Growing crops.
(d) Rebuilding the windmill.
11. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
12. How many men does Frederick take with him to attack the farm?
13. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
14. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
15. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Just enough for winter.
(b) No food for winter.
(c) Not enough food for winter.
(d) Plenty of food for winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
2. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
4. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
5. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)