|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
(a) Spontaneous Republics.
(b) Republic Demonstrations.
(c) Spontaneous Demonstrations.
(d) Republic Celebrations.
2. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
(a) There are no sheets.
(b) Mr. Jones was seen back on the farm.
(c) They need to be rested to keep the farm running.
(d) The pigs are better than the other animals.
3. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
(a) Brew beer.
(b) Feed the horses.
(c) Make soup for the animals.
(d) Create poison.
4. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
5. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Whymper.
6. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
(a) Seven Commandments.
(b) Division of classes.
(d) Boxer's slaughter.
7. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He kills them.
(b) He stops their food rations.
(c) He orders them off of the farm.
(d) He gives in and the hens win.
8. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
(a) The barn.
(b) The timber.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The windmill.
9. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
10. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
11. How many hens starve to death?
12. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(b) A new windmill.
13. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More animals to help build the windmill.
(b) More hens.
(d) Grain and meal.
14. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
(b) Paraffin oil.
(c) Dog biscuits.
15. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Clover and Snowball.
(b) Squealer and Snowball.
(c) Boxer and Snowball.
(d) Boxer and Clover.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
2. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
3. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
4. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)