|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
(b) The pigs.
(d) The dogs.
2. What does Napoleon order the hens to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Give up their eggs.
(b) Hide their eggs.
(c) Move off of the farm.
(d) Lay more eggs.
3. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They wave a flag of surrender.
(b) They are driven from the farm.
(c) They are all killed.
(d) They take over the farm.
4. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
(a) "Napoleon, our two legged leader!"
(b) "Four legs good, two legs better!"
(c) "Napoleon good, Snowball bad!"
(d) "Two legs good, Four legs better!"
5. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
6. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
7. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(a) Stays the same.
(b) Meets expectations.
8. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(a) His hatred of man.
(b) Rewards he will reap.
9. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
(b) Frederick's farm.
(c) Snowball's farm.
10. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
(a) Smoking and drinking.
(b) Building and selling windmills.
(c) Stealing money from the neighbors.
(d) Aging and dying off of the animals involved in the rebellion.
11. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
(b) Sugarcandy Mountain.
(d) Mr. Jones.
12. How many days do the hens go without food?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
13. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He fix the windmill.
(b) He be found and killed.
(c) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(d) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
14. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
(a) The Seven Commandments alone.
(b) A poem written by Napoleon.
(c) A portrait and poem of Napoleon.
(d) A portrait of Napoleon.
15. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Case of ale.
(b) Case of whiskey.
(c) Case of beer.
(d) Case of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
2. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
3. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
4. What happens to the food rations for the animals in Chapter 9?
5. What contributed greatly to the prosperity of the farm?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)