|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Buries them.
(b) Puts them in a pile.
(c) Puts them in the windmill.
(d) Throws them off of the farm.
2. Who does Napoleon tell the animals have always been in league together?
(a) Squealer and Mr. Jones.
(b) Snowball and Mr. Whymper.
(c) Mr. Jones and Snowball.
(d) Mr. Jones and Mr. Whymper.
3. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(a) His hatred of man.
(b) Rewards he will reap.
4. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
(b) Mr. Whymper.
(d) Mr. Jones.
5. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
6. How many candidates are there in the election on Animal Farm in Chapter 9?
7. What battle does Squealer talk of in Chapter 7?
(a) Battle of the Cow Farm.
(b) Battle of the Windmill.
(c) Battle of Animal Farm.
(d) Battle of Cowshed.
8. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) All of it.
(b) Half of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) Three fourths of it.
9. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) Production increases.
(b) Deaths of those committing treason.
(c) Where Snowball is.
(d) The new Commandments.
10. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
(b) Paraffin oil.
(d) Dog biscuits.
11. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
12. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
(a) To feed the animals.
(b) To add another schoolhouse to the farm.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To build a windmill.
13. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Just enough for winter.
(b) Plenty of food for winter.
(c) Not enough food for winter.
(d) No food for winter.
14. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
(b) Boxer's slaughter.
(c) Division of classes.
(d) Seven Commandments.
15. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
2. How many hens starve to death?
3. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
4. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
5. What is added to the Sixth Commandment in Chapter 8?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)