|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon order the hens to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Lay more eggs.
(b) Hide their eggs.
(c) Give up their eggs.
(d) Move off of the farm.
2. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
(a) "Four legs good, two legs better!"
(b) "Two legs good, Four legs better!"
(c) "Napoleon, our two legged leader!"
(d) "Napoleon good, Snowball bad!"
3. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) Half of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) Three fourths of it.
4. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
(a) A new set of commandments.
(b) A song.
(c) A picture.
(d) A poem.
5. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
(b) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(c) He fix the windmill.
(d) He be found and killed.
6. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
7. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They take over the farm.
(b) They are driven from the farm.
(c) They wave a flag of surrender.
(d) They are all killed.
8. What is plentiful for the animals in Chapter 6?
(a) Paraffin oil.
(d) Dog biscuits.
9. How many Commandments are there at the end of the novel?
10. What battle does Squealer talk of in Chapter 7?
(a) Battle of Animal Farm.
(b) Battle of the Windmill.
(c) Battle of Cowshed.
(d) Battle of the Cow Farm.
11. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
12. What happens to the animals who confess to treasonous crimes?
(a) Sent to work with Snowball.
(c) Put into slave labor.
(d) Removed from the farm.
13. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More hens.
(b) More animals to help build the windmill.
(d) Grain and meal.
14. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
15. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
(a) November and December.
(b) January and February.
(c) December and January.
(d) December and February.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
2. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
4. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
5. What is added to the Sixth Commandment in Chapter 8?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)