|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They are driven from the farm.
(b) They are all killed.
(c) They wave a flag of surrender.
(d) They take over the farm.
2. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(b) A new windmill.
3. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(b) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
(c) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
(d) Human characteristics.
4. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(c) Sugarcandy Mountain.
5. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He be found and killed.
(b) He fix the windmill.
(c) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(d) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
6. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Hunting for Snowball.
(b) Avoiding Napoleon.
(c) Rebuilding the windmill.
(d) Growing crops.
7. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(b) Our leader, comrade.
(c) Our reverent leader.
(d) Our comrade.
8. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
(a) A portrait and poem of Napoleon.
(b) A portrait of Napoleon.
(c) A poem written by Napoleon.
(d) The Seven Commandments alone.
9. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
(a) "Napoleon, our two legged leader!"
(b) "Four legs good, two legs better!"
(c) "Napoleon good, Snowball bad!"
(d) "Two legs good, Four legs better!"
10. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(a) Rewards he will reap.
(c) His hatred of man.
11. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
12. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
13. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
14. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
(b) Mr. Whymper.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Jones.
15. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
(a) To build a windmill.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To add another schoolhouse to the farm.
(d) To feed the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
2. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
5. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)