|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Avoiding Napoleon.
(b) Rebuilding the windmill.
(c) Growing crops.
(d) Hunting for Snowball.
2. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
(a) Thrown on the pile of treasonous animals.
(b) Buried on the farm.
(d) Boiled alive.
3. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
(a) "Two legs good, Four legs better!"
(b) "Napoleon, our two legged leader!"
(c) "Napoleon good, Snowball bad!"
(d) "Four legs good, two legs better!"
4. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
(a) The Seven Commandments.
(b) The house and barn.
(c) The other animals.
(d) The windmill.
5. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
6. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
7. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
(a) Living in the farmhouse.
(b) Trade with neighboring farms.
(c) Working harder like Boxer.
(d) Work on Sundays.
8. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
9. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
(a) Stealing money from the neighbors.
(b) Smoking and drinking.
(c) Aging and dying off of the animals involved in the rebellion.
(d) Building and selling windmills.
10. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
11. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
(a) Pigs and horses.
(b) Dogs and horses.
(c) Pigs and dogs.
(d) Pigs and hens.
12. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They take over the farm.
(b) They are all killed.
(c) They are driven from the farm.
(d) They wave a flag of surrender.
13. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
(a) December and January.
(b) December and February.
(c) November and December.
(d) January and February.
14. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
(b) Build a windmill.
(c) Walk upright.
(d) Make beer.
15. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
2. What is posted on the side of the barn in Chapter 8?
3. How do the animals know where Boxer is being sent in Chapter 9?
4. What do the animals do during the winter?
5. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)