|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is added to the Sixth Commandment in Chapter 8?
(b) Unless provoked.
(c) Without cause.
(d) With permission of Napoleon.
2. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
(c) Stays the same.
(d) Meets expectations.
3. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
4. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Make beer.
(b) Build a windmill.
(c) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
(d) Walk upright.
5. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Throws them off of the farm.
(b) Puts them in the windmill.
(c) Buries them.
(d) Puts them in a pile.
6. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
7. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
(b) Frederick's farm.
(c) Snowball's farm.
8. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
9. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
(a) It changes positions with the sixth Commandment.
(b) "Except for Napoleon" is added.
(c) "To Excess" is added.
(d) It is deleted totally.
10. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
(a) More food is bought from Mr. Whymper.
(b) They are plentiful.
(c) They fall short.
(d) Food is stored in the windmill.
11. Which of the Seven Commandments does Napoleon break by slaughtering the animals whom he forced to confess to treason?
12. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
13. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
(a) They die.
(b) They leave the farm.
(c) Squealer refuses to allow them to talk about life before the revolution.
(d) Napoleon has them killed.
14. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Boxer and Clover.
(b) Boxer and Snowball.
(c) Clover and Snowball.
(d) Squealer and Snowball.
15. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(a) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(c) It is barely touched.
(d) It falls to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
3. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
4. What happens to the animals who confess to treasonous crimes?
5. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)