|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Squealer tell the animals will lead a second attack on Animal Farm?
(c) Mr. Whymper.
(d) Mr. Jones.
2. What happens to the animals who confess to treasonous crimes?
(a) Removed from the farm.
(c) Put into slave labor.
(d) Sent to work with Snowball.
3. Which animal returns to the farm in Chapter 9?
4. What is added to the Sixth Commandment in Chapter 8?
(a) With permission of Napoleon.
(b) Without cause.
(c) Unless provoked.
5. Which animals continue to gain weight during the increased food rationing?
6. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
(a) Division of classes.
(b) Seven Commandments.
(c) Boxer's slaughter.
7. What do the animals do during the winter?
(a) Move into the farmhouse.
(b) Take a break.
(c) Reconstruct the windmill.
(d) Take apart the windmill.
8. What happens to the men after the battle in Chapter 8?
(a) They are driven from the farm.
(b) They are all killed.
(c) They wave a flag of surrender.
(d) They take over the farm.
9. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(b) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(c) It is barely touched.
(d) It falls to the ground.
10. Which of the Seven Commandments does Napoleon break by slaughtering the animals whom he forced to confess to treason?
11. What contributed greatly to the prosperity of the farm?
(a) The beer made from the barley.
(b) The leadership of Napoleon.
(c) The hardwork of Boxer.
(d) The building of the windmill.
12. Where does Napoleon promise to send Boxer in Chapter 9?
(b) Frederick's farm.
(c) Snowball's farm.
13. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
14. What is created in Napoleon's honor in Chapter 8?
(a) A poem.
(b) A picture.
(c) A song.
(d) A new set of commandments.
15. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He be found and killed.
(b) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(c) He fix the windmill.
(d) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
2. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
3. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
4. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
5. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)