|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(b) Rewards he will reap.
(c) His hatred of man.
2. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
(a) Pigs only.
(b) Pigs and horses.
(c) Dogs and pigs.
(d) Dogs only.
3. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
4. How many hours do the animals work during the spring and summer?
(a) 70 hours/week.
(b) 60 hours/week.
(c) 80 hours/week.
(d) 40 hours/week.
5. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Puts them in a pile.
(b) Puts them in the windmill.
(c) Buries them.
(d) Throws them off of the farm.
6. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
(a) Steal money from the neighboring farms.
(b) Make beer.
(c) Build a windmill.
(d) Walk upright.
7. Who convinces the animals that trade with humans has always been allowed?
8. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(a) Our leader, comrade.
(b) Our reverent leader.
(d) Our comrade.
9. How many men does Frederick take with him to attack the farm?
10. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More hens.
(c) More animals to help build the windmill.
(d) Grain and meal.
11. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
(a) Just enough for winter.
(b) Not enough food for winter.
(c) No food for winter.
(d) Plenty of food for winter.
12. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
13. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
14. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(b) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(c) It falls to the ground.
(d) It is barely touched.
15. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
(a) It changes positions with the sixth Commandment.
(b) "Except for Napoleon" is added.
(c) "To Excess" is added.
(d) It is deleted totally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day of the week is work voluntary for the animals?
2. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
3. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
5. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)