|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
(a) Create poison.
(b) Feed the horses.
(c) Make soup for the animals.
(d) Brew beer.
2. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
(a) The animals have no easy method to transport rocks.
(b) It goes smoothly.
(c) The animals have no way to break down rocks.
(d) It is difficult.
3. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He gives in and the hens win.
(b) He kills them.
(c) He orders them off of the farm.
(d) He stops their food rations.
4. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
5. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
(a) Our reverent leader.
(b) Our comrade.
(d) Our leader, comrade.
6. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
7. What is the name of the celebrations Napoleon begins to hold in Chapter 9?
(a) Republic Demonstrations.
(b) Spontaneous Demonstrations.
(c) Spontaneous Republics.
(d) Republic Celebrations.
8. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
(a) More food is bought from Mr. Whymper.
(b) They fall short.
(c) They are plentiful.
(d) Food is stored in the windmill.
9. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Case of whiskey.
(b) Case of ale.
(c) Case of water.
(d) Case of beer.
10. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) Three fourths of it.
(b) Half of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) All of it.
11. Why does Squealer tell the animals that the pigs are constantly doing secret work?
(a) To steal from the animals.
(b) To keep them content.
(c) To become the leader.
(d) To create a new rebellion.
12. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
13. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
(a) Working on the farm.
(c) Eating without permission.
(d) Singing the song by Minimus the poet.
14. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
(a) Stealing money from the neighbors.
(b) Aging and dying off of the animals involved in the rebellion.
(c) Building and selling windmills.
(d) Smoking and drinking.
15. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon teach the sheep to bleat?
2. What happens to the overall animal population by Chapter 10?
3. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
4. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
5. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)