|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon whom does Napoleon blame the destruction of the windmill?
2. What do Squealer's lists indicate?
(a) The animals' lives are better and getting better.
(b) The animals' lives are worse and getting worse.
(c) The animals need to work harder to have better lives.
(d) The animals' lives will get better soon.
3. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
4. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He kills them.
(b) He orders them off of the farm.
(c) He gives in and the hens win.
(d) He stops their food rations.
5. What becomes very obvious and begins causing problems by the end of the novel?
(a) Division of classes.
(b) Seven Commandments.
(c) Boxer's slaughter.
6. In which two months are the rations further reduced for the working animals on the farm in Chapter 9?
(a) December and February.
(b) December and January.
(c) January and February.
(d) November and December.
7. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
8. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
(a) Buried on the farm.
(b) Thrown on the pile of treasonous animals.
(c) Boiled alive.
9. By Chapter 6, which animal proves to be a model of hard work and determination?
10. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) Where Snowball is.
(b) Deaths of those committing treason.
(c) The new Commandments.
(d) Production increases.
11. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Jones' clothes.
(c) Smoking jackets.
(d) Hats and glasses.
12. Who does Napoleon lead through the farm in Chapter 7 to report the animals have plenty of food?
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Whymper.
13. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(b) He be found and killed.
(c) He fix the windmill.
(d) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
14. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
(a) Trade with neighboring farms.
(b) Living in the farmhouse.
(c) Work on Sundays.
(d) Working harder like Boxer.
15. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(a) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
(b) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
(c) Human characteristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pigs learn to do by Chapter 10?
2. Which kind of animal's population grows larger than any other?
3. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
4. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
5. How many Commandments are there at the end of the novel?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)