|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The pigs.
2. What do the pigs wear by Chapter 10?
(a) Smoking jackets.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Jones' clothes.
(c) Hats and glasses.
3. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
(a) To add another schoolhouse to the farm.
(b) To feed the animals.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To build a windmill.
4. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Sugarcandy Mountain.
5. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
6. What happens when the hens protest Napoleon's orders in Chapter 7?
(a) He kills them.
(b) He orders them off of the farm.
(c) He gives in and the hens win.
(d) He stops their food rations.
7. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
8. Which of the Seven Commandments does Napoleon break by slaughtering the animals whom he forced to confess to treason?
9. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) All of it.
(b) Three fourths of it.
(c) Half of it.
(d) None of it.
10. What does Squealer announce on Sundays?
(a) Production increases.
(b) The new Commandments.
(c) Where Snowball is.
(d) Deaths of those committing treason.
11. How is the Fifth Commandment changed in Chapter 8?
(a) It changes positions with the sixth Commandment.
(b) "Except for Napoleon" is added.
(c) "To Excess" is added.
(d) It is deleted totally.
12. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
(a) The other animals.
(b) The house and barn.
(c) The Seven Commandments.
(d) The windmill.
13. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
14. Who does Napoleon tell the animals have always been in league together?
(a) Mr. Jones and Snowball.
(b) Mr. Jones and Mr. Whymper.
(c) Snowball and Mr. Whymper.
(d) Squealer and Mr. Jones.
15. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Boxer and Clover.
(b) Boxer and Snowball.
(c) Squealer and Snowball.
(d) Clover and Snowball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
2. What do the animals do during the winter?
3. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
4. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
5. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)