|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hens starve to death?
2. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
3. By how much should the hens increase their production per week, according to Chapter 9?
(a) 6,000 eggs.
(b) 200 eggs.
(c) 600 eggs.
(d) 2,000 eggs.
4. To whom does Napoleon arrange to sell timber?
5. How is the new regime further reinforced in Chapter 10?
(a) Aging and dying off of the animals involved in the rebellion.
(b) Smoking and drinking.
(c) Stealing money from the neighbors.
(d) Building and selling windmills.
6. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(a) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
(c) Human characteristics.
(d) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
7. In Chapter 8, on what do the animals work harder than they ever had before?
(a) Hunting for Snowball.
(b) Avoiding Napoleon.
(c) Growing crops.
(d) Rebuilding the windmill.
8. What do the animals do during the winter?
(a) Reconstruct the windmill.
(b) Take apart the windmill.
(c) Take a break.
(d) Move into the farmhouse.
9. How many men does Frederick take with him to attack the farm?
10. What does the animal that returns to the farm in Chapter 9 speak of?
(b) Mr. Jones.
(d) Sugarcandy Mountain.
11. After Napoleon kills the animals in Chapter 7, what does he do with their bodies?
(a) Throws them off of the farm.
(b) Puts them in a pile.
(c) Buries them.
(d) Puts them in the windmill.
12. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(c) A new windmill.
13. What does Napoleon fill the empty food bins with?
14. What happens to the food supplies during winter?
(a) More food is bought from Mr. Whymper.
(b) Food is stored in the windmill.
(c) They fall short.
(d) They are plentiful.
15. Which animal suffers a bad injury to his leg and hoof in the Chapter 8 battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
2. What does Napoleon order should be done to Frederick?
3. For what do the pigs begin to use the barley?
4. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
5. Who does Napoleon do business with in Chapter 6?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)