|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the windmill during the terrible storm?
(b) It is barely touched.
(c) It is moved to a neighboring farm.
(d) It falls to the ground.
2. What do the pigs begin to carry by Chapter 10?
3. How many days do the hens go without food?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
4. Which of the following characteristics would NOT describe the pigs by the end of the novel?
5. What is the timber being sold to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Buy Napoleon new items for the farmhouse.
(b) Raise money for the windmill's machinery.
(c) Pay the animals for their hard work.
(d) Buy food for the animals on the farm.
6. What is destroyed during the battle Frederick and his men begin?
(a) The farmhouse.
(b) The windmill.
(c) The timber.
(d) The barn.
7. What do the pigs get shortly after Boxer leaves in the truck in Chapter 9?
(c) A new windmill.
8. How much of the barley do the pigs demand?
(a) All of it.
(b) Three fourths of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) Half of it.
9. Which animal's hoof causes a great deal of pain in Chapter 9?
10. Who does Napoleon blame for anything that goes wrong on the farm?
11. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
12. Which animal continually makes excuses anytime there are suspicions about Napoleon?
13. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
(a) They need to be rested to keep the farm running.
(b) Mr. Jones was seen back on the farm.
(c) There are no sheets.
(d) The pigs are better than the other animals.
14. Who does Napoleon tell the animals have always been in league together?
(a) Snowball and Mr. Whymper.
(b) Mr. Jones and Snowball.
(c) Squealer and Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Jones and Mr. Whymper.
15. What battle does Squealer talk of in Chapter 7?
(a) Battle of the Cow Farm.
(b) Battle of the Windmill.
(c) Battle of Cowshed.
(d) Battle of Animal Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the change to the Fifth Commandment?
2. In Chapter 6, what do the animals begin to see the pigs are breaking?
3. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
4. How much food are the animals able to store in Chapter 6?
5. Who begins living in the farmhouse in Chapter 6?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)