|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon order in Chapter 6, in regard to Snowball?
(a) He be found and brought back to the farm.
(b) He fix the windmill.
(c) He be found and killed.
(d) He never be allowed to return to the farm.
2. What do the pigs find and drink at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Case of beer.
(b) Case of ale.
(c) Case of whiskey.
(d) Case of water.
3. What happens to many of the animals who remember life before the revolution?
(a) They leave the farm.
(b) Squealer refuses to allow them to talk about life before the revolution.
(c) They die.
(d) Napoleon has them killed.
4. What does Boxer dream of in Chapter 9, after the battle?
(b) His hatred of man.
(d) Rewards he will reap.
5. Which animals reap the rewards of the farm?
(a) Dogs only.
(b) Pigs and horses.
(c) Dogs and pigs.
(d) Pigs only.
6. Why does Squealer say it is allowable for the pigs to sleep in beds?
(a) There are no sheets.
(b) They need to be rested to keep the farm running.
(c) The pigs are better than the other animals.
(d) Mr. Jones was seen back on the farm.
7. What does Napoleon plan to trade the hens' eggs for in Chapter 7?
(a) More hens.
(b) More animals to help build the windmill.
(c) Grain and meal.
8. Which kind of animal's population grows larger than any other?
9. By what season is the windmill approximately half built?
10. Why does Napoleon order the hens to increase their production in Chapter 9?
(a) To add another schoolhouse to the farm.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To build a windmill.
(d) To feed the animals.
11. Which of the following things stops completely on the farm by Chapter 10?
(b) Talk of retirement and luxuries.
(c) Human characteristics.
(d) Breaking of the Seven Commandments.
12. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
(a) Working on the farm.
(c) Singing the song by Minimus the poet.
(d) Eating without permission.
13. Which animals stay dedicated to Napoleon's cause in Chapter 7?
(a) Boxer and Snowball.
(b) Clover and Snowball.
(c) Squealer and Snowball.
(d) Boxer and Clover.
14. Who begins to deliver all of the orders in Chapter 8?
15. How many days do the hens go without food?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to cover the plot about where Boxer is actually being sent to in Chapter 9?
2. Which animal falls into greater power as Napoleon ages?
3. Which month brings a terrible storm to the farm?
4. Which animals do not receive reduced food rations?
5. What contributed greatly to the prosperity of the farm?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)