|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do other animals on other farms begin to do by Chapter 4?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Run away to the Animal Farm.
(c) Hold protests.
(d) Subtly disobey their masters.
2. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
3. How many puppies do the farm dogs have?
4. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
(a) A new barnyard.
(b) Write a song .
(c) An army.
(d) Perfect unity.
5. What do the animals do after the battle in Chapter 4?
(b) Barricade the farm.
(c) Raise the flag.
(d) Raise a flag and sing.
6. Who takes the puppies?
7. After something happens to Old Major in Chapter 2, what do the rest of the animals prepare for?
(a) A new farmer.
(d) Moving to a new barnyard.
8. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) To keep themselves healthy.
(b) To provide food for their hard work.
(c) Because they are the smartest animals.
(d) To determine how to defend the farm.
9. Which of the following is not a horse?
10. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
11. By when do most of the animals become somewhat literate?
(a) By winter.
(b) By spring.
(c) By fall.
(d) By summer.
12. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
(a) Make them harvest the hay.
(b) Make them soldiers.
(c) Milk them.
(d) Feed them.
13. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
(a) He sees into the future.
(b) He dies.
(c) He has a dream.
(d) He gives a speech.
14. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
15. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They break through the storage shed.
(b) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
(c) They steal food from other farms.
(d) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many humans are killed in Chapter 4?
2. How do the three pigs spread the message of Animalism in Chapter 2?
3. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
4. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
5. What happens to the puppies?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)