|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
(b) Mr. Jones.
2. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
(a) Tears them up.
(b) Urinates on them.
(c) Ignores them.
(d) Supports them.
3. How many animals are killed by Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
4. What do the animals do with the sheep who was shot by Mr. Jones?
(a) Throw it toward Mr. Jones.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Remove it from the farm.
(d) Lay it out as a talisman.
5. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
(a) Sweet Candy Mountain.
(b) Sugary Mountain.
(c) Sugarcandy Land.
(d) Sugarcandy Mountain.
6. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
(a) He has a dream.
(b) He sees into the future.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gives a speech.
7. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
(b) Farmer Jones.
(c) Other animals.
8. How did Snowball learn of an ancient strategy?
(a) Studying blueprints found in the barn.
(b) From a song he heard.
(c) A book he found.
(d) Another animal.
9. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
(a) A power station.
(b) A wind farm.
(c) A windmill.
(d) A treadmill.
10. Which of the following animals is white?
11. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
(a) Napoleon and Squealer.
(b) Mollie and Clover.
(c) Four pigs.
(d) The horses.
12. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
13. What does the medal say that two of the animals are awarded?
(a) Animal Hero, First Class.
(b) First Class Animals are Heros.
(c) Animals are Heros.
(d) First Class Animal Hero.
14. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
(a) With Boxer.
(b) Dead on the neighboring farm.
(c) With Mr. Jones.
(d) In the care of a human.
15. Who attacks the animals in Chapter 2?
(a) The farm hands alone.
(b) The animals attacked each other.
(c) Mr. Jones alone.
(d) Mr. Jones and the farm hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose strength do the animals rely on during the harvest?
2. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
3. What does Mr. Jones do during the battle in Chapter 4?
4. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
5. What is the power Snowball wants to create to be used for?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)