|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
(a) A power station.
(b) A treadmill.
(c) A wind farm.
(d) A windmill.
2. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
3. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Mr. Jones talk to his friends about losing his farm?
(a) At his neighbor's farm.
(b) On Animal Farm.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) At a farmer's association meeting.
5. Which of the following is not a horse?
6. Which animals are very brave during the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) Boxer and Squealer.
(b) Snowball and Napoleon.
(c) Boxer and Napoleon.
(d) Boxer and Snowball.
7. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
(b) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
(c) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(d) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
8. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They steal food from other farms.
(b) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
(c) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
(d) They break through the storage shed.
9. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
(a) The weather.
(b) Too many meetings to have time to tend to the fields.
(c) The animals disagree on how to tend the fields.
(d) No one will work in the fields.
10. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
11. What is the power Snowball wants to create to be used for?
(a) To power tools.
(b) To do the work so the animals do not need to.
(c) To cook the food.
(d) To warm the barn.
12. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
13. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
(a) The pigs.
(b) The horses.
(c) The cows.
(d) The raven.
14. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
15. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
(a) Fairy Story.
(b) Tall Tale.
(c) Fairy Tale.
(d) Tale Story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
2. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
3. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
4. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
5. Which of the following animals is white?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)