|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many puppies do the farm dogs have?
2. What does Old Major wish to share with the other animals in Chapter 1?
(a) His alcohol.
(b) His beliefs about Mr. Jones.
(c) His dream from the prior night.
(d) His plan to escape the barnyard.
3. How do the animals celebrate the fact that no humans remain on the farm?
(a) Turning Mr. and Mrs. Jones into slave labor.
(b) Taking over the farmhouse.
(c) Eating all the food.
(d) An extra ration of food.
4. What type of animal is Old Major?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A pig.
(d) A donkey.
5. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
6. On which day do the animals not work?
7. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
8. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
9. How many animals are killed by Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
10. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
11. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
(a) They think it is okay if it keeps Mr. Jones away.
(b) They do not think it is okay and do not want Mr. Jones.
(c) They think it is okay but miss Mr. Jones.
(d) They do not think it is okay and would rather have Mr. Jones.
12. Where does Animal Farm begin?
(a) On a farm.
(b) On a plantation.
(c) In Russia.
(d) In the Army.
13. Which animals are very brave during the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) Snowball and Napoleon.
(b) Boxer and Squealer.
(c) Boxer and Napoleon.
(d) Boxer and Snowball.
14. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. What does the medal say that two of the animals are awarded?
(a) Animal Hero, First Class.
(b) Animals are Heros.
(c) First Class Animal Hero.
(d) First Class Animals are Heros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
2. Which animal disappears from the farm in Chapter 5?
3. What do the pigs take all of for themselves?
4. Which of the following animals is white?
5. Who are people/animals gathering to hear speak in Chapter 1?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)