|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
2. Where does Mr. Jones talk to his friends about losing his farm?
(a) At his neighbor's farm.
(b) At a farmer's association meeting.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) On Animal Farm.
3. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(b) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
(c) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
(d) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
4. Which of the following animals is white?
5. What school of thought have the three pigs created?
(a) Pig Nation.
6. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
(a) Support mankind.
(b) Live on a farm.
(c) Eat hay and grains.
(d) Work constantly.
7. How many animals are killed by Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
8. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
9. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
10. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
(a) Marc Anthony.
(c) Julius Caesar.
11. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A wind farm.
(c) A power station.
(d) A treadmill.
12. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) Because they are the smartest animals.
(b) To provide food for their hard work.
(c) To keep themselves healthy.
(d) To determine how to defend the farm.
13. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
14. What is the power Snowball wants to create to be used for?
(a) To do the work so the animals do not need to.
(b) To warm the barn.
(c) To power tools.
(d) To cook the food.
15. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
(b) They steal food from other farms.
(c) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
(d) They break through the storage shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
2. Who completes the hard work of the harvest?
3. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
4. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
5. Which animals are very brave during the battle in Chapter 4?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)