|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
2. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
3. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
4. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
5. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
(a) Make them soldiers.
(b) Make them harvest the hay.
(c) Feed them.
(d) Milk them.
6. Which of the following is not how Old Major describes the life of an animal in Chapter 1?
7. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Tears them up.
(c) Supports them.
(d) Urinates on them.
8. What does Old Major wish to share with the other animals in Chapter 1?
(a) His plan to escape the barnyard.
(b) His beliefs about Mr. Jones.
(c) His alcohol.
(d) His dream from the prior night.
9. What happens to the puppies?
(a) They are taken after they are weaned to be educated.
(b) They run away from the farm.
(c) Their parents educate them in the Seven Commandments.
(d) They are kept with their parents until they learn the Seven Commandments.
10. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
11. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
(a) The farmhands.
(b) The farmers.
(c) The animals.
(d) The donkeys.
12. Who attacks the animals in Chapter 2?
(a) The farm hands alone.
(b) The animals attacked each other.
(c) Mr. Jones and the farm hands.
(d) Mr. Jones alone.
13. What do Mr. Jones and the other farmers do in Chapter 4?
(a) Start a new farm.
(b) Take over the farms around the country.
(c) Attack Animal Farm.
(d) Negotiate with the pigs.
14. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
(b) They steal food from other farms.
(c) They break through the storage shed.
(d) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
15. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) A plaque.
(b) A flag.
(c) A song.
(d) A medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
2. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
3. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
4. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
5. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)