|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
2. In Chapter 5, which animal becomes more resistant to doing their part of the work?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Jones feed the animals for more than a day?
(a) He has to go out of town.
(b) He is too drunk.
(c) He has no money to buy food.
(d) He simply forgets.
4. What school of thought have the three pigs created?
(d) Pig Nation.
5. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
(a) A treadmill.
(b) A power station.
(c) A windmill.
(d) A wind farm.
6. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
7. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
8. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
(a) Moses' teachings.
(b) Their own thoughts.
(c) Napolean's teachings.
(d) Old Major's teachings.
9. What do all of the animals do after Mr. Jones reacts to their noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Go to their beds to sleep.
(b) Go into the farmhouse.
(c) Leave the barnyard.
(d) Rush around the barnyard.
10. Whose strength do the animals rely on during the harvest?
11. What do the animals do after the battle in Chapter 4?
(b) Barricade the farm.
(c) Raise the flag.
(d) Raise a flag and sing.
12. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Urinates on them.
(c) Tears them up.
(d) Supports them.
13. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
(a) By singing.
(b) By holding protests.
(c) By helping the animals on the farm.
(d) By holding flag raising ceremonies.
15. How do the three pigs spread the message of Animalism in Chapter 2?
(a) Through secret meetings.
(b) Holding meetings with Mr. Jones.
(c) Holding rallies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
2. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
3. What do Mr. Jones and the other farmers do in Chapter 4?
4. What type of animal is Old Major?
5. What do the animals change the sign which says "Manor Farm" to say?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)