|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
(a) Feed them.
(b) Make them soldiers.
(c) Make them harvest the hay.
(d) Milk them.
2. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
(a) By helping the animals on the farm.
(b) By singing.
(c) By holding flag raising ceremonies.
(d) By holding protests.
3. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
4. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) A plaque.
(b) A medal.
(c) A song.
(d) A flag.
5. What does the Napoleon do after Snowball tries to persuade the animals to build his idea for a power source?
(a) Supports snowball totally.
(b) Leaves the farm forever.
(c) Denounces and argues with Snowball.
(d) Lets out a strange call.
6. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(a) Lump sugar.
(b) Lump sugar and ribbon.
(c) Hay and lump sugar.
7. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
8. What do Mr. Jones and the other farmers do in Chapter 4?
(a) Attack Animal Farm.
(b) Take over the farms around the country.
(c) Negotiate with the pigs.
(d) Start a new farm.
9. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
10. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
(a) They think it is okay if it keeps Mr. Jones away.
(b) They do not think it is okay and do not want Mr. Jones.
(c) They think it is okay but miss Mr. Jones.
(d) They do not think it is okay and would rather have Mr. Jones.
11. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
(a) Napoleon and Squealer.
(b) Four pigs.
(c) The horses.
(d) Mollie and Clover.
12. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
13. Who completes the hard work of the harvest?
(a) All of the animals.
(b) All of the animals except the pigs.
(c) All of the animals except the cows.
(d) The pigs only.
14. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
(b) Marc Anthony.
(d) Julius Caesar.
15. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
(a) Their own thoughts.
(b) Old Major's teachings.
(c) Moses' teachings.
(d) Napolean's teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
2. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
3. What is the power Snowball wants to create to be used for?
4. Who takes the puppies?
5. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)