|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as a spy for Mr. Jones?
2. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
(a) They think it is okay if it keeps Mr. Jones away.
(b) They think it is okay but miss Mr. Jones.
(c) They do not think it is okay and would rather have Mr. Jones.
(d) They do not think it is okay and do not want Mr. Jones.
3. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) To keep themselves healthy.
(b) To provide food for their hard work.
(c) To determine how to defend the farm.
(d) Because they are the smartest animals.
4. After something happens to Old Major in Chapter 2, what do the rest of the animals prepare for?
(b) A new farmer.
(c) Moving to a new barnyard.
5. What does the medal say that two of the animals are awarded?
(a) First Class Animal Hero.
(b) First Class Animals are Heros.
(c) Animal Hero, First Class.
(d) Animals are Heros.
6. How did Snowball learn of an ancient strategy?
(a) Studying blueprints found in the barn.
(b) A book he found.
(c) Another animal.
(d) From a song he heard.
7. Who takes the puppies?
8. Where does Mr. Jones talk to his friends about losing his farm?
(a) At his neighbor's farm.
(b) On Animal Farm.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) At a farmer's association meeting.
9. By what season does word spread of the Animal Farm across the country?
(a) By late winter.
(b) By late spring.
(c) By late fall.
(d) By late summer.
10. What happens to the puppies?
(a) They are taken after they are weaned to be educated.
(b) They run away from the farm.
(c) They are kept with their parents until they learn the Seven Commandments.
(d) Their parents educate them in the Seven Commandments.
11. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
(d) Mr. Jones.
12. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
(a) Four pigs.
(b) Napoleon and Squealer.
(c) Mollie and Clover.
(d) The horses.
13. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(a) Lump sugar and ribbon.
(b) Lump sugar.
(c) Hay and lump sugar.
14. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
15. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) A plaque.
(b) A medal.
(c) A flag.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the animals do after the battle in Chapter 4?
2. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
3. Whose strength do the animals rely on during the harvest?
4. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
5. Which of the following is not a horse?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)