|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
(a) An army.
(b) A new barnyard.
(c) Perfect unity.
(d) Write a song .
2. What do the animals change the sign which says "Manor Farm" to say?
(a) Animal Manor.
(b) Manor Animals.
(c) Farm Animals.
(d) Animal Farm.
3. What happens to the puppies?
(a) They are kept with their parents until they learn the Seven Commandments.
(b) Their parents educate them in the Seven Commandments.
(c) They run away from the farm.
(d) They are taken after they are weaned to be educated.
4. What does Mr. Jones do during the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) Shoots at Boxer.
(b) Shoots at Snowball.
(c) Kills Napoleon.
(d) Shoots at Squealer.
5. Where does Mr. Jones talk to his friends about losing his farm?
(a) At his neighbor's farm.
(b) On Animal Farm.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) At a farmer's association meeting.
6. Which of the following animals is white?
7. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
(a) Four pigs.
(b) Mollie and Clover.
(c) The horses.
(d) Napoleon and Squealer.
8. How do the three pigs spread the message of Animalism in Chapter 2?
(b) Holding meetings with Mr. Jones.
(c) Holding rallies.
(d) Through secret meetings.
9. What do the animals do after the battle in Chapter 4?
(b) Barricade the farm.
(c) Raise the flag.
(d) Raise a flag and sing.
10. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
11. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
(a) He gives a speech.
(b) He has a dream.
(c) He dies.
(d) He sees into the future.
12. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
(b) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(c) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
(d) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
13. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
(a) In the care of a human.
(b) With Boxer.
(c) With Mr. Jones.
(d) Dead on the neighboring farm.
14. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
(c) Other animals.
(d) Farmer Jones.
15. How did Snowball learn of an ancient strategy?
(a) A book he found.
(b) Studying blueprints found in the barn.
(c) From a song he heard.
(d) Another animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
2. What do all of the animals do after Mr. Jones reacts to their noise in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Animal Farm begin?
4. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
5. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)