|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Jones do during the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) Shoots at Squealer.
(b) Shoots at Boxer.
(c) Kills Napoleon.
(d) Shoots at Snowball.
2. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
(a) A wind farm.
(b) A power station.
(c) A treadmill.
(d) A windmill.
3. What do all of the animals do after Mr. Jones reacts to their noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Go to their beds to sleep.
(b) Leave the barnyard.
(c) Rush around the barnyard.
(d) Go into the farmhouse.
4. Which animal is not mentioned in Chapter 4 at all?
5. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
(b) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(c) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
(d) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
6. Who acts as a spy for Mr. Jones?
7. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
8. Which animal disappears from the farm in Chapter 5?
9. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
(a) Dead on the neighboring farm.
(b) In the care of a human.
(c) With Boxer.
(d) With Mr. Jones.
10. What school of thought have the three pigs created?
(d) Pig Nation.
11. What happens to the puppies?
(a) Their parents educate them in the Seven Commandments.
(b) They are taken after they are weaned to be educated.
(c) They are kept with their parents until they learn the Seven Commandments.
(d) They run away from the farm.
12. What do other animals on other farms begin to do by Chapter 4?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Hold protests.
(c) Run away to the Animal Farm.
(d) Subtly disobey their masters.
13. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
(d) Mr. Jones.
14. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
(b) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
(c) They steal food from other farms.
(d) They break through the storage shed.
15. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pigs take all of for themselves?
2. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
3. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
4. Who are people/animals gathering to hear speak in Chapter 1?
5. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)