|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the dogs drive the animal from the farm, what does Napoleon no longer deem necessary?
(a) The windmill.
(b) Work on the farm.
(c) Sunday morning meetings.
(d) Humans on the farm.
2. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
(b) Marc Anthony.
(c) Julius Caesar.
3. By when do most of the animals become somewhat literate?
(a) By summer.
(b) By fall.
(c) By winter.
(d) By spring.
4. What happens to the puppies?
(a) They run away from the farm.
(b) Their parents educate them in the Seven Commandments.
(c) They are taken after they are weaned to be educated.
(d) They are kept with their parents until they learn the Seven Commandments.
5. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
6. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(b) Hay and lump sugar.
(c) Lump sugar.
(d) Lump sugar and ribbon.
7. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
(a) By singing.
(b) By holding flag raising ceremonies.
(c) By holding protests.
(d) By helping the animals on the farm.
8. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
(b) They break through the storage shed.
(c) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
(d) They steal food from other farms.
9. Who takes the puppies?
10. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
11. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
12. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) A flag.
(b) A medal.
(c) A song.
(d) A plaque.
13. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Tears them up.
(c) Urinates on them.
(d) Supports them.
14. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
15. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
(a) The horses.
(b) The pigs.
(c) The cows.
(d) The raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, which animal becomes more resistant to doing their part of the work?
2. What do Mr. Jones and the other farmers do in Chapter 4?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Jones feed the animals for more than a day?
4. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
5. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)