|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Major wish to share with the other animals in Chapter 1?
(a) His plan to escape the barnyard.
(b) His alcohol.
(c) His beliefs about Mr. Jones.
(d) His dream from the prior night.
2. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
3. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Animal Farm begin?
(a) On a plantation.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In the Army.
(d) On a farm.
5. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
6. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
(b) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(c) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
(d) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
7. What do the animals do with the sheep who was shot by Mr. Jones?
(a) Remove it from the farm.
(b) Throw it toward Mr. Jones.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Lay it out as a talisman.
8. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
9. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(d) Marc Anthony.
10. Which of the following is not a pig on the farm?
11. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
12. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(a) Lump sugar and ribbon.
(b) Lump sugar.
(d) Hay and lump sugar.
13. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) To provide food for their hard work.
(b) Because they are the smartest animals.
(c) To determine how to defend the farm.
(d) To keep themselves healthy.
14. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
15. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
(a) The donkeys.
(b) The farmers.
(c) The farmhands.
(d) The animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Napoleon do after Snowball tries to persuade the animals to build his idea for a power source?
2. How many animals are killed by Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
3. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
4. By when do most of the animals become somewhat literate?
5. Which animal is not mentioned in Chapter 4 at all?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)