|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
2. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
3. How did Snowball learn of an ancient strategy?
(a) From a song he heard.
(b) Studying blueprints found in the barn.
(c) Another animal.
(d) A book he found.
4. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
5. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
6. What does Old Major wish to share with the other animals in Chapter 1?
(a) His dream from the prior night.
(b) His beliefs about Mr. Jones.
(c) His alcohol.
(d) His plan to escape the barnyard.
7. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
(a) Farmer Jones.
(d) Other animals.
8. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Runs outside and scares the animals.
(b) He sleeps through the noise.
(c) Shoots the animals.
(d) Fires a shot in the air.
9. Which of the following is not how Old Major describes the life of an animal in Chapter 1?
10. Whose strength do the animals rely on during the harvest?
11. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
12. What do other animals on other farms begin to do by Chapter 4?
(a) Run away to the Animal Farm.
(b) Subtly disobey their masters.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Hold protests.
13. How do the three pigs spread the message of Animalism in Chapter 2?
(a) Holding rallies.
(b) Through secret meetings.
(d) Holding meetings with Mr. Jones.
14. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
(a) The farmers.
(b) The donkeys.
(c) The farmhands.
(d) The animals.
15. Who completes the hard work of the harvest?
(a) All of the animals except the cows.
(b) The pigs only.
(c) All of the animals except the pigs.
(d) All of the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
2. In Chapter 5, which animal becomes more resistant to doing their part of the work?
3. Who disagrees with Snowball's idea of how to create power on the farm?
4. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
5. How do the animals celebrate the fact that no humans remain on the farm?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)