|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
(a) Make them soldiers.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Milk them.
(d) Make them harvest the hay.
2. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
(a) Fairy Story.
(b) Fairy Tale.
(c) Tall Tale.
(d) Tale Story.
3. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
(a) The horses.
(b) Four pigs.
(c) Napoleon and Squealer.
(d) Mollie and Clover.
4. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
(a) Sugary Mountain.
(b) Sugarcandy Mountain.
(c) Sweet Candy Mountain.
(d) Sugarcandy Land.
5. After something happens to Old Major in Chapter 2, what do the rest of the animals prepare for?
(a) A new farmer.
(c) Moving to a new barnyard.
6. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
(a) Live on a farm.
(b) Work constantly.
(c) Eat hay and grains.
(d) Support mankind.
7. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
(a) The animals.
(b) The donkeys.
(c) The farmhands.
(d) The farmers.
8. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
9. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
(b) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
(c) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(d) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
10. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
(a) Moses' teachings.
(b) Their own thoughts.
(c) Napolean's teachings.
(d) Old Major's teachings.
11. What do the animals do with the sheep who was shot by Mr. Jones?
(a) Remove it from the farm.
(b) Lay it out as a talisman.
(c) Throw it toward Mr. Jones.
(d) Bury it.
12. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
(a) In the care of a human.
(b) Dead on the neighboring farm.
(c) With Mr. Jones.
(d) With Boxer.
13. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A power station.
(c) A wind farm.
(d) A treadmill.
14. Which of the following is not a horse?
15. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
2. What do the animals do after the battle in Chapter 4?
3. How many humans are killed in Chapter 4?
4. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
5. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)