|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snowball want to build to create power?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A wind farm.
(c) A treadmill.
(d) A power station.
2. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
(a) The cows.
(b) The horses.
(c) The pigs.
(d) The raven.
3. Which animal disappears from the farm in Chapter 5?
4. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) To keep themselves healthy.
(b) Because they are the smartest animals.
(c) To provide food for their hard work.
(d) To determine how to defend the farm.
5. In what state does Mr. Jones head to bed at the beginning of the story?
6. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
(a) Support mankind.
(b) Eat hay and grains.
(c) Live on a farm.
(d) Work constantly.
7. What is the power Snowball wants to create to be used for?
(a) To do the work so the animals do not need to.
(b) To warm the barn.
(c) To cook the food.
(d) To power tools.
8. How do the animals celebrate the fact that no humans remain on the farm?
(a) Turning Mr. and Mrs. Jones into slave labor.
(b) Taking over the farmhouse.
(c) Eating all the food.
(d) An extra ration of food.
9. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
(a) Sugary Mountain.
(b) Sugarcandy Land.
(c) Sweet Candy Mountain.
(d) Sugarcandy Mountain.
10. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
(b) Farmer Jones.
(d) Other animals.
11. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
(a) Write a song .
(b) An army.
(c) A new barnyard.
(d) Perfect unity.
12. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
13. What does Old Major wish to share with the other animals in Chapter 1?
(a) His beliefs about Mr. Jones.
(b) His alcohol.
(c) His dream from the prior night.
(d) His plan to escape the barnyard.
14. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
15. What do other animals on other farms begin to do by Chapter 4?
(a) Subtly disobey their masters.
(b) Fight with each other.
(c) Hold protests.
(d) Run away to the Animal Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of a horse?
2. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
3. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
4. Who takes the puppies?
5. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)