|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Jones talk to his friends about losing his farm?
(a) At a farmer's association meeting.
(b) On Animal Farm.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) At his neighbor's farm.
2. What school of thought have the three pigs created?
(d) Pig Nation.
3. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
4. By when do most of the animals become somewhat literate?
(a) By summer.
(b) By winter.
(c) By fall.
(d) By spring.
5. What is the power Snowball wants to create to be used for?
(a) To power tools.
(b) To cook the food.
(c) To do the work so the animals do not need to.
(d) To warm the barn.
6. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
7. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
8. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
(a) Milk them.
(b) Make them harvest the hay.
(c) Make them soldiers.
(d) Feed them.
9. How many humans are killed in Chapter 4?
10. In what state does Mr. Jones head to bed at the beginning of the story?
11. What does the medal say that two of the animals are awarded?
(a) First Class Animals are Heros.
(b) Animal Hero, First Class.
(c) Animals are Heros.
(d) First Class Animal Hero.
12. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
(b) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
(c) They break through the storage shed.
(d) They steal food from other farms.
13. Who does Clover see Mollie speaking too in Chapter 5?
(a) A neighboring farmer.
(c) Mr. Jones.
14. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
(a) Fairy Story.
(b) Tale Story.
(c) Fairy Tale.
(d) Tall Tale.
15. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) To keep themselves healthy.
(b) To determine how to defend the farm.
(c) To provide food for their hard work.
(d) Because they are the smartest animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
2. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
3. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
4. What happens to the puppies?
5. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)