|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mr. Jones and the other farmers do in Chapter 4?
(a) Negotiate with the pigs.
(b) Start a new farm.
(c) Attack Animal Farm.
(d) Take over the farms around the country.
2. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Marc Anthony.
3. What do the animals change the sign which says "Manor Farm" to say?
(a) Manor Animals.
(b) Farm Animals.
(c) Animal Manor.
(d) Animal Farm.
4. Who takes the puppies?
5. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
6. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
(a) He gives a speech.
(b) He sees into the future.
(c) He has a dream.
(d) He dies.
7. How many humans are killed in Chapter 4?
8. What do the animals do with the sheep who was shot by Mr. Jones?
(a) Bury it.
(b) Lay it out as a talisman.
(c) Remove it from the farm.
(d) Throw it toward Mr. Jones.
9. Which two pigs disagree on almost every point at the meetings?
(a) Squealer and Snowball.
(b) Squealer and Benjamin.
(c) Napoleon and Squealer.
(d) Napoleon and Snowball.
10. Whose strength do the animals rely on during the harvest?
11. After the dogs drive the animal from the farm, what does Napoleon no longer deem necessary?
(a) The windmill.
(b) Humans on the farm.
(c) Sunday morning meetings.
(d) Work on the farm.
12. Who completes the hard work of the harvest?
(a) All of the animals except the pigs.
(b) All of the animals.
(c) The pigs only.
(d) All of the animals except the cows.
13. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
(a) Tall Tale.
(b) Fairy Story.
(c) Fairy Tale.
(d) Tale Story.
14. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
15. Who are people/animals gathering to hear speak in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(d) Old Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
2. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
3. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
4. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
5. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)