|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(b) Hay and lump sugar.
(c) Lump sugar.
(d) Lump sugar and ribbon.
2. After the dogs drive the animal from the farm, what does Napoleon no longer deem necessary?
(a) The windmill.
(b) Sunday morning meetings.
(c) Work on the farm.
(d) Humans on the farm.
3. What happens to the puppies?
(a) They are kept with their parents until they learn the Seven Commandments.
(b) Their parents educate them in the Seven Commandments.
(c) They run away from the farm.
(d) They are taken after they are weaned to be educated.
4. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) To provide food for their hard work.
(b) To determine how to defend the farm.
(c) Because they are the smartest animals.
(d) To keep themselves healthy.
6. What type of animal is Old Major?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
7. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
(a) Fairy Story.
(b) Fairy Tale.
(c) Tale Story.
(d) Tall Tale.
8. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
(a) They do not think it is okay and would rather have Mr. Jones.
(b) They think it is okay but miss Mr. Jones.
(c) They think it is okay if it keeps Mr. Jones away.
(d) They do not think it is okay and do not want Mr. Jones.
9. How do the animals celebrate the fact that no humans remain on the farm?
(a) Turning Mr. and Mrs. Jones into slave labor.
(b) Eating all the food.
(c) An extra ration of food.
(d) Taking over the farmhouse.
10. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
(a) A new barnyard.
(b) Write a song .
(c) An army.
(d) Perfect unity.
11. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Fires a shot in the air.
(b) Shoots the animals.
(c) Runs outside and scares the animals.
(d) He sleeps through the noise.
12. Who gathers after Mr. Jones heads to bed in Chapter 1?
(a) The farmers.
(b) The donkeys.
(c) The animals.
(d) The farmhands.
13. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
(a) No one will work in the fields.
(b) The weather.
(c) The animals disagree on how to tend the fields.
(d) Too many meetings to have time to tend to the fields.
14. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
15. How many humans are killed in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
2. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
3. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
4. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
5. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)