|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
2. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) A flag.
(b) A medal.
(c) A song.
(d) A plaque.
4. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
5. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) To keep themselves healthy.
(b) To determine how to defend the farm.
(c) To provide food for their hard work.
(d) Because they are the smartest animals.
6. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
7. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
(a) By singing.
(b) By helping the animals on the farm.
(c) By holding flag raising ceremonies.
(d) By holding protests.
8. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
(a) With Mr. Jones.
(b) In the care of a human.
(c) Dead on the neighboring farm.
(d) With Boxer.
9. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
(a) Support mankind.
(b) Work constantly.
(c) Eat hay and grains.
(d) Live on a farm.
10. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
(a) Supports them.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Tears them up.
(d) Urinates on them.
11. How do the three pigs spread the message of Animalism in Chapter 2?
(b) Through secret meetings.
(c) Holding rallies.
(d) Holding meetings with Mr. Jones.
12. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
13. What do all of the animals do after Mr. Jones reacts to their noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Rush around the barnyard.
(b) Go to their beds to sleep.
(c) Go into the farmhouse.
(d) Leave the barnyard.
14. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
15. Which animal disappears from the farm in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many animals are killed by Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
2. What does the medal say that two of the animals are awarded?
3. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
4. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
5. After the dogs drive the animal from the farm, what does Napoleon no longer deem necessary?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)