Short Essay Answer Key
1. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
Old Major is a well-respected pig around the barnyard.
2. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
Old Major believes he will not live very long, so he feels it is important to give the speech right away.
3. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
Old Major wants to pass on his wisdom to the other animals before it is too late and he is dead.
4. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
Old Major says the result of mankind enslaving animals has been a miserable, laborious and short life for animals.
5. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
Old Major tells the other animals that...
This section contains 1,933 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)