|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about the construction of the windmill?
(a) It goes smoothly.
(b) It is difficult.
(c) The animals have no way to break down rocks.
(d) The animals have no easy method to transport rocks.
2. What do the animals do with the sheep who was shot by Mr. Jones?
(a) Remove it from the farm.
(b) Lay it out as a talisman.
(c) Throw it toward Mr. Jones.
(d) Bury it.
3. What happens to the animals who confess to treasonous crimes?
(a) Removed from the farm.
(b) Put into slave labor.
(c) Sent to work with Snowball.
4. What do all of the animals do after Mr. Jones reacts to their noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Leave the barnyard.
(b) Rush around the barnyard.
(c) Go into the farmhouse.
(d) Go to their beds to sleep.
5. What does Mr. Jones do during the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) Kills Napoleon.
(b) Shoots at Boxer.
(c) Shoots at Squealer.
(d) Shoots at Snowball.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Squealer tell the animals is now banned?
2. By when do most of the animals become somewhat literate?
3. What does Napoleon determine must be necessary for the sake of the windmill?
4. What title is Napoleon given by the animals on the farm in Chapter 8?
5. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)