|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Major wish to share with the other animals in Chapter 1?
(a) His alcohol.
(b) His beliefs about Mr. Jones.
(c) His plan to escape the barnyard.
(d) His dream from the prior night.
2. Who attacks the animals in Chapter 2?
(a) Mr. Jones and the farm hands.
(b) The animals attacked each other.
(c) The farm hands alone.
(d) Mr. Jones alone.
3. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
(a) He has a dream.
(b) He dies.
(c) He gives a speech.
(d) He sees into the future.
4. How did Snowball learn of an ancient strategy?
(a) A book he found.
(b) From a song he heard.
(c) Studying blueprints found in the barn.
(d) Another animal.
5. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
(a) Because they are the smartest animals.
(b) To keep themselves healthy.
(c) To determine how to defend the farm.
(d) To provide food for their hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
2. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
3. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
4. Which two pigs disagree on almost every point at the meetings?
5. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)