|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a pig on the farm?
2. What does Old Major wish to share with the other animals in Chapter 1?
(a) His plan to escape the barnyard.
(b) His beliefs about Mr. Jones.
(c) His alcohol.
(d) His dream from the prior night.
3. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
(b) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(c) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
(d) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
4. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
(b) Farmer Jones.
(c) Other animals.
5. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
2. Which of the following is not how Old Major describes the life of an animal in Chapter 1?
3. In what state does Mr. Jones head to bed at the beginning of the story?
4. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
5. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)