|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Fires a shot in the air.
(b) Runs outside and scares the animals.
(c) Shoots the animals.
(d) He sleeps through the noise.
2. Why do the pigs say they are mixing the milk into their apple mash?
(a) Due to the strenuous work of tending to all of the animals.
(b) Due to the strenuous mental work of running the farm.
(c) Due to the strenuous work of teaching the animals to be literate.
(d) Due to the strenuous physical work of running the farm.
3. Where does Animal Farm begin?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In the Army.
(c) On a plantation.
(d) On a farm.
4. Which of the following animals is white?
5. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
(a) Their own thoughts.
(b) Old Major's teachings.
(c) Napolean's teachings.
(d) Moses' teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
2. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
3. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
4. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
5. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)