|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what Biblical relations does Roy compare his relationship with Joe in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Saul and David
(b) Joseph and Jesus
(c) Cain and Lot
(d) Jacob and Isaac
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 8, Louis compares his fight with Joe to a sex scene in a book by what author?
(a) Phillip Roth
(b) Ayn Rand
(c) Thomas Pynchon
(d) George Orwell
3. Where in New York are Roy Cohn's disbarment hearings being held?
(b) White Plains
4. In addition to saying Kaddish for Roy, what does Belize want Louis to do in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Take the AZT bottles
(b) Inform Joe of Roy's death
(c) Report the death to the papers
(d) Accept his apology
5. What is Hannah's response to Prior when he asks in what God does to prophets who refuse their vision?
(a) She dares not say
(b) He forgives them eventually
(c) No prophet would do that
(d) He feeds them to whales
6. What character from the play wanders into the diorama in Act 3, Scene 3?
7. In Act 4, Scene 3, Louis accuses Belize of hating him because why?
(a) He knows he is tougher than Louis
(b) He hates Jewish people
(c) He is bored
(d) He's in love with Prior
8. What recent diplomatic event sickens Roy Cohn?
(a) Kruschev at the UN
(b) Nixon meeting with Mao Zedong
(c) Reagan and Gorbachev in Rejkavec
(d) Carter's Camp David Accords
9. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
10. In Act 4, Scene 4, Prior tells Hannah it would be her lucky day if he was what?
(c) A Mormon
(d) A hairdresser
11. What does Prior suggest the Principalities do if God ever returns?
(a) Make him apologize
(b) Never let him leave again
(c) Take him to court
(d) Bar the doors against him
12. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
13. During what type of surgery did Roy Cohn convince the anesthesiologist to let him stay awake?
(a) Reverse viscectomy
(b) Hip replacement
(c) Face lift
14. What character's spirit helps Louis with the Kaddish?
(a) Ethel Rosenberg
(b) Sarah Ironson
(c) Roy Cohn
(d) Rabbi Chemelwitz
15. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
(a) There is a possibility of chance
(b) They have nothing else to do
(c) One does not have to talk
(d) They all abstained from it on Earth
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roy Cohn call in Act 1, Scene 5, to get his own stash of AZT?
2. What does the Mormon Mother smell that indicates that her husband is returning?
3. Which of the figures of the diorama has no lines in the animatronic play?
4. What does Harper do when Joe begs her not to leave him?
5. What treatment does Belize warn Roy to skip in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)