|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Harper retrieve her Valium stash before leaving Joe?
(a) The microwave
(b) The couch
(c) The toilet tank
(d) Her purse
2. What does the Mormon Mother smell that indicates that her husband is returning?
3. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. According to Belize in Act 2, Scene 5, what has Roy lost because he is in a hospital?
(a) Private property
(b) Constitutional rights
(d) Free speech
5. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
6. From what poor, malfunctioning machine do the Principalities get their news?
(a) A news ticker
(b) A radio
(c) An old television
(d) A telegraph
7. To what Biblical relations does Roy compare his relationship with Joe in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Saul and David
(b) Jacob and Isaac
(c) Joseph and Jesus
(d) Cain and Lot
8. In Act 1, Scene 6, what slang term does Louis use to describe the neighborhood where he lives?
(b) The Boogie Down
(d) El Barrio
9. With what is Harper playing when Prior sees in her Heaven?
(a) A balloon
(b) A checker board
(c) A cat
(d) A dradle
10. According to Belize, who will not be in heaven?
(a) The Mormons
11. What does Prior suggest the Principalities do if God ever returns?
(a) Take him to court
(b) Make him apologize
(c) Never let him leave again
(d) Bar the doors against him
12. What color is the star of Ethel Rosenberg's hate?
13. According to Harper was element is essential to the end of civilization?
14. In Act 4, Scene 4, Prior tells Hannah it would be her lucky day if he was what?
(b) A Mormon
(c) A hairdresser
15. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 7, Harper ask Joe why he does what during sex?
(a) Covers her mouth
(b) Closes his eyes
(c) Remains silent
Short Answer Questions
1. What generally embarrassing ailment does Roy discuss having in Act 1, Scene 6?
2. What does Roy say in Act 2, Scene 5 that he most respects about black Americans?
3. To what does Harper compare the souls she dreams of rising to heaven?
4. What part of Louis' attire in Act 5, Scene 3 does Belize think is ridiculous?
5. What is the last word that Roy Cohn says before dying?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)