|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cologne is Joe wearing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(d) Alain Delon
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Roy asks Ethel Rosenberg if who has died?
(a) Lillian Hellman
(b) Alger Hiss
(c) Louise Bryant
(d) Joseph Welch
3. In Act 4, Scene 3, Louis accuses Belize of hating him because why?
(a) He's in love with Prior
(b) He is bored
(c) He hates Jewish people
(d) He knows he is tougher than Louis
4. Hoe does the Angel's communication with Heaven manifest itself onstage?
(a) A body tremor
(b) Latin chanting
(c) A bright light
(d) A cough
5. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
(a) One does not have to talk
(b) They have nothing else to do
(c) They all abstained from it on Earth
(d) There is a possibility of chance
6. According to Belize in Act 2, Scene 5, what has Roy lost because he is in a hospital?
(a) Free speech
(b) Constitutional rights
(c) Private property
7. What happens to Hannah when the Angel kisses her in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) She begins to cry
(b) She has an orgasm
(c) Her hair turns gray
(d) She passes out
8. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
9. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
10. What does Prior request the Principalities bless him with at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Health and happiness
(b) More life
(c) Eternity in heaven
11. What world leader is Louis discussing at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) Yitzak Rabin
(b) Mikhail Gorbachev
(c) George Bush
(d) John Major
12. During what type of surgery did Roy Cohn convince the anesthesiologist to let him stay awake?
(b) Hip replacement
(c) Face lift
(d) Reverse viscectomy
13. According to Emily in Act 4, Scene 6, how much weight has Prior lost?
(a) 8 pounds
(b) 4 pounds
(c) 12 pounds
(d) 16 pounds
14. What piece of information about Joe does Prior surprise Louis by knowing in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He is a lawyer
(b) He has just discovered he is gay
(c) He is married
(d) He is Mormon
15. What does Harper demand of Joe in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 9?
(a) His forgiveness
(b) His credit card
(c) His temple garment
(d) His wedding band
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy say in Act 2, Scene 5 that he most respects about black Americans?
2. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 7, Harper ask Joe why he does what during sex?
3. Which of the following adjectives is not one that Belize uses in his comparison of Roy Cohn and America in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who does Roy Cohn call in Act 1, Scene 5, to get his own stash of AZT?
5. As of the Epilogue, how many years has Prior been living with AIDS?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)