|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hannah's response to Prior when he asks in what God does to prophets who refuse their vision?
(a) No prophet would do that
(b) She dares not say
(c) He forgives them eventually
(d) He feeds them to whales
2. What does Joe say he sees when he looks at Harper in Act 4, Scene 7?
3. During what type of surgery did Roy Cohn convince the anesthesiologist to let him stay awake?
(b) Face lift
(c) Hip replacement
(d) Reverse viscectomy
4. What historical twentieth century event happened the day God abandoned the Angels?
(a) The Great San Francisco Earthquake
(b) V-J Day
(c) Black Tuesday
(d) The Stonewall Riots
5. Who does Joe find in his apartment when he returns in Act 5, Scene 4?
6. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
7. What does the Mormon Mother smell that indicates that her husband is returning?
8. What happens to Hannah when the Angel kisses her in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her hair turns gray
(b) She passes out
(c) She has an orgasm
(d) She begins to cry
9. What does Prior request the Principalities bless him with at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Eternity in heaven
(b) Health and happiness
(c) More life
10. With whom is Sarah Ironson playing cards in Act 5, Scene 6?
(a) Roy Cohn
(b) Harper Pitt
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) Rabbi Chemelwitz
11. Where do Louis Ironson's parents live?
12. In Act 3, Scene 2, Roy asks Ethel Rosenberg if who has died?
(a) Joseph Welch
(b) Alger Hiss
(c) Lillian Hellman
(d) Louise Bryant
13. How does Belize explain Roy's ranting in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He is high on morphine
(b) He is wracked with guilt
(c) He brain is deteriorating
(d) He hasn't slept in days
14. In what year is the diorama at the Mormon Visitor's Center supposed to take place?
15. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Prior's apartment are the Sacred Prophetic Implements?
2. What does Roy say in Act 2, Scene 5 that he most respects about black Americans?
3. According to Belize in Act 2, Scene 5, what has Roy lost because he is in a hospital?
4. To what famous media icon does Prior compare Joe in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What part of Louis' attire in Act 5, Scene 3 does Belize think is ridiculous?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)