|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Ethel Rosenberg deliver to Roy in Act 4, Scene 9?
(a) He has been disbarred
(b) She and Julius are in heaven
(c) The papers know he has AIDS
(d) He has died
2. Which of the following characters is not in the Epilogue of the play?
(a) Hannah Pitt
(c) Joe Pitt
(d) Prior Walter
3. By Act 4, Scene 4, how long has Hannah been trying to get hold of Joe since coming to New York?
(a) 5 months
(b) 1 month
(c) 3 months
(d) 2 weeks
4. What treatment does Belize warn Roy to skip in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Morphine drip
(c) Ice packs to lower his temperature
5. In addition to saying Kaddish for Roy, what does Belize want Louis to do in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Inform Joe of Roy's death
(b) Accept his apology
(c) Take the AZT bottles
(d) Report the death to the papers
6. What do Hannah and Prior say they have in common in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) They both need someone by their side
(b) They both saw an Angel
(c) They both rely on the kindness of strangers
(d) They both had peculiar dreams
7. Which of the following characters never goes to the Afterlife in Angels in America?
8. What character's spirit helps Louis with the Kaddish?
(a) Roy Cohn
(b) Sarah Ironson
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) Rabbi Chemelwitz
9. With what is Harper playing when Prior sees in her Heaven?
(a) A balloon
(b) A checker board
(c) A cat
(d) A dradle
10. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
11. How is Prior's sight deteriorating?
(a) He is becoming color-blind
(b) He is losing his depth-perception
(c) He is blind in his left eye
(d) His peripheral vision is deteriorating
12. What kind of cologne is Joe wearing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(d) Alain Delon
13. What world leader is Louis discussing at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) Yitzak Rabin
(b) Mikhail Gorbachev
(c) John Major
(d) George Bush
14. What does Harper do when Joe begs her not to leave him?
(b) Slaps him
15. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 6, what does Prior say Hannah does to him?
2. In what part of the Angel's body has a torn muscle after she wrestles Prior in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What neighborhood in Brooklyn are the Mormon Mother and Harper in Act 3, Scene 6?
4. Who does Joe find in his apartment when he returns in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What is the last word that Roy Cohn says before dying?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)