|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 1986 event are the Continental Principalities discussing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Iran Contra Affair
(b) Hands Across America
(c) Challenger explosion
(d) Chernobyl disaster
2. What part of Louis' attire in Act 5, Scene 3 does Belize think is ridiculous?
(a) His glasses
(b) His scarf
(c) His running shoes
(d) His hat
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, which of the following is not a place Louis mentions as a hot bed of homosexual mating?
(a) St. Mark's Baths
(b) Fire Island
(c) Jones Beach
(d) Central Park
4. In what year is the diorama at the Mormon Visitor's Center supposed to take place?
5. Where do Louis Ironson's parents live?
6. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
(a) They have nothing else to do
(b) One does not have to talk
(c) They all abstained from it on Earth
(d) There is a possibility of chance
7. By Act 4, Scene 4, how long has Hannah been trying to get hold of Joe since coming to New York?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 5 months
(c) 3 months
(d) 1 month
8. What does Harper demand of Joe in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 9?
(a) His forgiveness
(b) His wedding band
(c) His credit card
(d) His temple garment
9. In addition to saying Kaddish for Roy, what does Belize want Louis to do in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Report the death to the papers
(b) Inform Joe of Roy's death
(c) Take the AZT bottles
(d) Accept his apology
10. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
11. Hoe does the Angel's communication with Heaven manifest itself onstage?
(a) A body tremor
(b) A cough
(c) Latin chanting
(d) A bright light
12. What historical twentieth century event happened the day God abandoned the Angels?
(a) The Stonewall Riots
(b) V-J Day
(c) The Great San Francisco Earthquake
(d) Black Tuesday
13. What neighborhood in Brooklyn are the Mormon Mother and Harper in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Park Slope
(b) Windsor Terrace
(c) Brooklyn Heights
14. What does Roy say in Act 2, Scene 5 that he most respects about black Americans?
(a) They cost less as labor
(b) They believe in a higher power
(c) They never went Communist
(d) They rarely vote
15. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Louis accuses Belize of hating him because why?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Roy asks Ethel Rosenberg if who has died?
3. With whom is Sarah Ironson playing cards in Act 5, Scene 6?
4. Who does Roy Cohn call in Act 1, Scene 5, to get his own stash of AZT?
5. What generally embarrassing ailment does Roy discuss having in Act 1, Scene 6?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)