|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
2. In Act 1, Scene 6, what slang term does Louis use to describe the neighborhood where he lives?
(b) The Boogie Down
(c) El Barrio
3. What character's spirit helps Louis with the Kaddish?
(a) Rabbi Chemelwitz
(b) Roy Cohn
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) Sarah Ironson
4. Where do Louis Ironson's parents live?
5. What part of the funeral Prior and Belize attend at the beginning of Act 2 does Prior find particularly distasteful?
(a) The New Orleans funeral band
(b) The Sicilian Mourners
(c) The choreographed dance during the procession in
(d) The sequined lining of the casket
6. At the end of Act 4, Scene 6, what does Prior say Hannah does to him?
(a) Lulls him to sleep
(b) Makes him crazy
(c) Stiffens his spine
(d) Cools his overheated mind
7. What does Harper demand of Joe in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 9?
(a) His wedding band
(b) His temple garment
(c) His forgiveness
(d) His credit card
8. What 1986 event are the Continental Principalities discussing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Hands Across America
(b) Chernobyl disaster
(c) Challenger explosion
(d) Iran Contra Affair
9. What does Roy say in Act 2, Scene 5 that he most respects about black Americans?
(a) They believe in a higher power
(b) They rarely vote
(c) They cost less as labor
(d) They never went Communist
10. What is the last word that Roy Cohn says before dying?
11. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
12. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
(a) They all abstained from it on Earth
(b) One does not have to talk
(c) They have nothing else to do
(d) There is a possibility of chance
13. In Act 4, Scene 3, Louis accuses Belize of hating him because why?
(a) He's in love with Prior
(b) He is bored
(c) He knows he is tougher than Louis
(d) He hates Jewish people
14. What treatment does Belize warn Roy to skip in Act 1, Scene 5?
(b) Ice packs to lower his temperature
(d) Morphine drip
15. What historical twentieth century event happened the day God abandoned the Angels?
(a) The Stonewall Riots
(b) V-J Day
(c) Black Tuesday
(d) The Great San Francisco Earthquake
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Harper retrieve her Valium stash before leaving Joe?
2. What shocking piece of information does Joe tell Louis in the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is Louis doing when Joe enters his apartment at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 8?
4. Who does Roy Cohn call in Act 1, Scene 5, to get his own stash of AZT?
5. Which of the following major characters is not onstage at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)