|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
(a) There is a possibility of chance
(b) One does not have to talk
(c) They all abstained from it on Earth
(d) They have nothing else to do
2. In Act 3, Scene 4, which of the following is not a place Louis mentions as a hot bed of homosexual mating?
(a) Jones Beach
(b) St. Mark's Baths
(c) Fire Island
(d) Central Park
3. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
4. In Act 4, Scene 4, Prior tells Hannah it would be her lucky day if he was what?
(a) A hairdresser
(d) A Mormon
5. Where do Louis Ironson's parents live?
6. What character's spirit helps Louis with the Kaddish?
(a) Sarah Ironson
(b) Roy Cohn
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) Rabbi Chemelwitz
7. What does Prior tell Louis he wants to see the next time they meet?
8. In addition to saying Kaddish for Roy, what does Belize want Louis to do in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Accept his apology
(b) Report the death to the papers
(c) Inform Joe of Roy's death
(d) Take the AZT bottles
9. What news does Ethel Rosenberg deliver to Roy in Act 4, Scene 9?
(a) The papers know he has AIDS
(b) She and Julius are in heaven
(c) He has died
(d) He has been disbarred
10. To where is Harper traveling in Act 5, Scene 10?
(a) San Fransisco
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Salt Lake City
11. To what Biblical relations does Roy compare his relationship with Joe in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Cain and Lot
(b) Joseph and Jesus
(c) Jacob and Isaac
(d) Saul and David
12. What do Hannah and Prior say they have in common in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) They both saw an Angel
(b) They both need someone by their side
(c) They both rely on the kindness of strangers
(d) They both had peculiar dreams
13. During what type of surgery did Roy Cohn convince the anesthesiologist to let him stay awake?
(a) Face lift
(b) Hip replacement
(d) Reverse viscectomy
14. What kind of cologne is Joe wearing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(c) Alain Delon
15. From what poor, malfunctioning machine do the Principalities get their news?
(a) A news ticker
(b) A telegraph
(c) An old television
(d) A radio
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of information about Joe does Prior surprise Louis by knowing in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following adjectives is not one that Belize uses in his comparison of Roy Cohn and America in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What does Roy say in Act 2, Scene 5 that he most respects about black Americans?
4. Which of the following characters is not in the Epilogue of the play?
5. According to Harper was element is essential to the end of civilization?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)