|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, Roy asks Ethel Rosenberg if who has died?
(a) Louise Bryant
(b) Alger Hiss
(c) Lillian Hellman
(d) Joseph Welch
2. Who is next to Prior when he returns to his hospital bed in Act 5, Scene 8?
3. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
4. What 1986 event are the Continental Principalities discussing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Challenger explosion
(b) Hands Across America
(c) Chernobyl disaster
(d) Iran Contra Affair
5. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
6. At the end of Act 4, Scene 8, Louis compares his fight with Joe to a sex scene in a book by what author?
(a) Ayn Rand
(b) George Orwell
(c) Thomas Pynchon
(d) Phillip Roth
7. In what part of the Angel's body has a torn muscle after she wrestles Prior in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her shoulder
(b) Her thigh
(c) Her wrist
(d) Her ankle
8. What does Joe say he sees when he looks at Harper in Act 4, Scene 7?
9. What piece of information about Joe does Prior surprise Louis by knowing in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He is Mormon
(b) He is a lawyer
(c) He has just discovered he is gay
(d) He is married
10. Hoe does the Angel's communication with Heaven manifest itself onstage?
(a) Latin chanting
(b) A bright light
(c) A cough
(d) A body tremor
11. What character from the play wanders into the diorama in Act 3, Scene 3?
12. What does Prior request the Principalities bless him with at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) More life
(b) Health and happiness
(c) Eternity in heaven
13. How is Prior's sight deteriorating?
(a) His peripheral vision is deteriorating
(b) He is becoming color-blind
(c) He is losing his depth-perception
(d) He is blind in his left eye
14. According to Prior, essentially what is AZT?
(a) A cure
(d) A placebo
15. According to Joe in Act 4, Scene 4, why did he travel from Utah to New York?
(a) To get away from Hannah
(b) To follow his heart
(c) To find a place where Harper wouldn't stick out
(d) To be a real lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 7, Harper ask Joe why he does what during sex?
2. What news does Ethel Rosenberg deliver to Roy in Act 4, Scene 9?
3. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
4. What does Joe do in Act 3, Scene 4, to prove his love for Louis?
5. What is Louis doing when Joe enters his apartment at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 8?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)