|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in the Epilogue of the play?
(b) Prior Walter
(c) Joe Pitt
(d) Hannah Pitt
2. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
3. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What character's spirit helps Louis with the Kaddish?
(a) Sarah Ironson
(b) Rabbi Chemelwitz
(c) Roy Cohn
(d) Ethel Rosenberg
5. According to Joe in Act 4, Scene 4, why did he travel from Utah to New York?
(a) To follow his heart
(b) To get away from Hannah
(c) To be a real lawyer
(d) To find a place where Harper wouldn't stick out
6. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 7, Harper ask Joe why he does what during sex?
(a) Covers her mouth
(c) Remains silent
(d) Closes his eyes
7. In Act 3, Scene 2, Roy asks Ethel Rosenberg if who has died?
(a) Alger Hiss
(b) Lillian Hellman
(c) Louise Bryant
(d) Joseph Welch
8. What piece of information about Joe does Prior surprise Louis by knowing in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He is married
(b) He is a lawyer
(c) He has just discovered he is gay
(d) He is Mormon
9. According to Belize, who will not be in heaven?
(a) The Mormons
10. At the end of Act 4, Scene 6, what does Prior say Hannah does to him?
(a) Cools his overheated mind
(b) Stiffens his spine
(c) Makes him crazy
(d) Lulls him to sleep
11. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
(a) They all abstained from it on Earth
(b) One does not have to talk
(c) There is a possibility of chance
(d) They have nothing else to do
12. In Act 5, Scene 7, what does Roy Cohn want to know about the Judge?
(a) His wife's name
(b) His afterlife restaurant of choice
(c) His favorite jewelry
(d) His political affiliation
13. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
14. In what color is the Angel dressed when she enters Prior's hospital room in Act 5?
15. What does Prior tell Louis he wants to see the next time they meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 4, what word does Harper tell Joe he says a lot?
2. During what type of surgery did Roy Cohn convince the anesthesiologist to let him stay awake?
3. What 1986 event are the Continental Principalities discussing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
4. With what is Harper playing when Prior sees in her Heaven?
5. Hoe does the Angel's communication with Heaven manifest itself onstage?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)