|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word that Roy Cohn says before dying?
2. Which of the following is not an element Louis uses to describe Joe's taste in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. Which of the following adjectives is not one that Belize uses in his comparison of Roy Cohn and America in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. According to Sarah Ironson, what is central to the Jewish Way?
5. What is Hannah's response to Prior when he asks in what God does to prophets who refuse their vision?
(a) She dares not say
(b) He feeds them to whales
(c) He forgives them eventually
(d) No prophet would do that
6. What does Joe say he sees when he looks at Harper in Act 4, Scene 7?
7. What historical twentieth century event happened the day God abandoned the Angels?
(a) The Stonewall Riots
(b) V-J Day
(c) Black Tuesday
(d) The Great San Francisco Earthquake
8. With what is Harper playing when Prior sees in her Heaven?
(a) A checker board
(b) A balloon
(c) A cat
(d) A dradle
9. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
10. What 1986 event are the Continental Principalities discussing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Chernobyl disaster
(b) Hands Across America
(c) Iran Contra Affair
(d) Challenger explosion
11. Where in Prior's apartment are the Sacred Prophetic Implements?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The bathroom
(c) Under his bed
(d) In the television
12. In Act 5, Scene 7, who is Roy Cohn representing in the afterlife?
(b) Ethel Rosenberg
(c) Joe McCarthy
(d) The Angel
13. Who summons the ladder out of heaven for Prior Walter in Act 5, Scene 6?
(a) Rabbi Chemelwitz
(b) Sarah Ironson
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) The Angel
14. What part of Louis' attire in Act 5, Scene 3 does Belize think is ridiculous?
(a) His running shoes
(b) His hat
(c) His glasses
(d) His scarf
15. Which of the following books written by presidents is not mentioned in Act 4, Scene 8?
(a) Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy
(b) Six Crises by Richard Nixon
(c) Where's the Rest of Me? by Ronald Reagan
(d) The Vantage Point by Lyndon Johnson
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 6, what slang term does Louis use to describe the neighborhood where he lives?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Roy asks Ethel Rosenberg if who has died?
3. What generally embarrassing ailment does Roy discuss having in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
5. In Act 5, Scene 4, what word does Harper tell Joe he says a lot?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)