|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Act 4, Scene 4, how long has Hannah been trying to get hold of Joe since coming to New York?
(a) 1 month
(b) 3 months
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 5 months
2. In Act 5, Scene 7, who is Roy Cohn representing in the afterlife?
(a) The Angel
(c) Joe McCarthy
(d) Ethel Rosenberg
3. What is Louis doing when Joe enters his apartment at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 8?
4. Hoe does the Angel's communication with Heaven manifest itself onstage?
(a) A body tremor
(b) Latin chanting
(c) A bright light
(d) A cough
5. What part of the funeral Prior and Belize attend at the beginning of Act 2 does Prior find particularly distasteful?
(a) The sequined lining of the casket
(b) The choreographed dance during the procession in
(c) The Sicilian Mourners
(d) The New Orleans funeral band
6. In what year is the diorama at the Mormon Visitor's Center supposed to take place?
7. What news does Ethel Rosenberg deliver to Roy in Act 4, Scene 9?
(a) The papers know he has AIDS
(b) He has died
(c) She and Julius are in heaven
(d) He has been disbarred
8. What color is the star of Ethel Rosenberg's hate?
9. According to Harper was element is essential to the end of civilization?
10. What do Hannah and Prior say they have in common in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) They both rely on the kindness of strangers
(b) They both had peculiar dreams
(c) They both need someone by their side
(d) They both saw an Angel
11. To where is Harper traveling in Act 5, Scene 10?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) Salt Lake City
(d) San Fransisco
12. What does Joe say he sees when he looks at Harper in Act 4, Scene 7?
13. According to Prior, essentially what is AZT?
(a) A cure
(b) A placebo
14. What does Prior carry with him when he enters heaven in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) His black cloak
(b) A large crucifix
(c) The Sacred Book
(d) His IV drip
15. What does Prior suggest the Principalities do if God ever returns?
(a) Take him to court
(b) Make him apologize
(c) Never let him leave again
(d) Bar the doors against him
Short Answer Questions
1. From what poor, malfunctioning machine do the Principalities get their news?
2. To what does Harper compare the souls she dreams of rising to heaven?
3. Who summons the ladder out of heaven for Prior Walter in Act 5, Scene 6?
4. As of the Epilogue, how many years has Prior been living with AIDS?
5. In Act 5, Scene 7, what does Roy Cohn want to know about the Judge?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)