|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joe in Act 4, Scene 4, why did he travel from Utah to New York?
(a) To find a place where Harper wouldn't stick out
(b) To be a real lawyer
(c) To get away from Hannah
(d) To follow his heart
2. What treatment does Belize warn Roy to skip in Act 1, Scene 5?
(b) Morphine drip
(c) Ice packs to lower his temperature
3. What shocking piece of information does Joe tell Louis in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He is a Mormon
(b) He loves Louis
(c) He is moving to Washington
(d) He is married
4. Which of the following books written by presidents is not mentioned in Act 4, Scene 8?
(a) Where's the Rest of Me? by Ronald Reagan
(b) Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy
(c) Six Crises by Richard Nixon
(d) The Vantage Point by Lyndon Johnson
5. As of the Epilogue, how many years has Prior been living with AIDS?
6. What is Hannah's response to Prior when he asks in what God does to prophets who refuse their vision?
(a) She dares not say
(b) He feeds them to whales
(c) No prophet would do that
(d) He forgives them eventually
7. At the end of Act 4, Scene 8, Louis compares his fight with Joe to a sex scene in a book by what author?
(a) Ayn Rand
(b) George Orwell
(c) Phillip Roth
(d) Thomas Pynchon
8. What generally embarrassing ailment does Roy discuss having in Act 1, Scene 6?
(b) Genital warts
(c) Pubic lice
(d) Bladder infection
9. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
10. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
11. In Act 5, Scene 4, what word does Harper tell Joe he says a lot?
12. What historical twentieth century event happened the day God abandoned the Angels?
(a) Black Tuesday
(b) The Great San Francisco Earthquake
(c) The Stonewall Riots
(d) V-J Day
13. At the end of Act 4, Scene 6, what does Prior say Hannah does to him?
(a) Cools his overheated mind
(b) Stiffens his spine
(c) Makes him crazy
(d) Lulls him to sleep
14. Which of the following adjectives is not one that Belize uses in his comparison of Roy Cohn and America in Act 4, Scene 3?
15. In Act 5, Scene 7, what does Roy Cohn want to know about the Judge?
(a) His political affiliation
(b) His afterlife restaurant of choice
(c) His wife's name
(d) His favorite jewelry
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Ethel Rosenberg deliver to Roy in Act 4, Scene 9?
2. Which of the following characters never goes to the Afterlife in Angels in America?
3. What is Louis doing when Joe enters his apartment at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 8?
4. Where in Prior's apartment are the Sacred Prophetic Implements?
5. Which of the following is Prior's chosen vestment starting in Act 2 of Perestroika?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)