|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following books written by presidents is not mentioned in Act 4, Scene 8?
(a) Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy
(b) The Vantage Point by Lyndon Johnson
(c) Where's the Rest of Me? by Ronald Reagan
(d) Six Crises by Richard Nixon
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, Louis accuses Belize of hating him because why?
(a) He knows he is tougher than Louis
(b) He hates Jewish people
(c) He is bored
(d) He's in love with Prior
3. Who does Roy Cohn call in Act 1, Scene 5, to get his own stash of AZT?
(a) Ed Meese
(b) Nancy Reagan
(c) Joe Pitt
(d) Martin Heller
4. When Prior asks Harper if she is a Mormon in Act 3, Scene 3, what does she say she is?
(a) A psuedo-Mormon
(b) A Moron
(c) A jack Mormon
(d) An apostate
5. In Act 3, Scene 4, which of the following is not a place Louis mentions as a hot bed of homosexual mating?
(a) St. Mark's Baths
(b) Central Park
(c) Jones Beach
(d) Fire Island
6. In what part of the Angel's body has a torn muscle after she wrestles Prior in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her thigh
(b) Her wrist
(c) Her shoulder
(d) Her ankle
7. Which of the following characters is not in the Epilogue of the play?
(a) Prior Walter
(b) Joe Pitt
(c) Hannah Pitt
8. During what type of surgery did Roy Cohn convince the anesthesiologist to let him stay awake?
(b) Hip replacement
(c) Reverse viscectomy
(d) Face lift
9. Which of the figures of the diorama has no lines in the animatronic play?
(b) The Father
(c) The Mother
10. What part of Louis' attire in Act 5, Scene 3 does Belize think is ridiculous?
(a) His hat
(b) His glasses
(c) His running shoes
(d) His scarf
11. What does Harper do when Joe begs her not to leave him?
(b) Slaps him
12. What piece of information about Joe does Prior surprise Louis by knowing in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He is Mormon
(b) He has just discovered he is gay
(c) He is a lawyer
(d) He is married
13. According to Emily in Act 4, Scene 6, how much weight has Prior lost?
(a) 16 pounds
(b) 8 pounds
(c) 12 pounds
(d) 4 pounds
14. What part of the funeral Prior and Belize attend at the beginning of Act 2 does Prior find particularly distasteful?
(a) The choreographed dance during the procession in
(b) The New Orleans funeral band
(c) The Sicilian Mourners
(d) The sequined lining of the casket
15. Who summons the ladder out of heaven for Prior Walter in Act 5, Scene 6?
(a) Ethel Rosenberg
(b) Sarah Ironson
(c) The Angel
(d) Rabbi Chemelwitz
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 7, what does Roy Cohn want to know about the Judge?
2. What generally embarrassing ailment does Roy discuss having in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
4. What does Prior suggest the Principalities do if God ever returns?
5. According to Harper was element is essential to the end of civilization?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)