|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what poor, malfunctioning machine do the Principalities get their news?
(a) A news ticker
(b) A radio
(c) A telegraph
(d) An old television
2. What do Hannah and Prior say they have in common in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) They both had peculiar dreams
(b) They both need someone by their side
(c) They both rely on the kindness of strangers
(d) They both saw an Angel
3. Which of the following characters is not in the Epilogue of the play?
(b) Joe Pitt
(c) Prior Walter
(d) Hannah Pitt
4. What does the Mormon Mother smell that indicates that her husband is returning?
5. What is Louis doing when Joe enters his apartment at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 8?
6. Which of the following books written by presidents is not mentioned in Act 4, Scene 8?
(a) Six Crises by Richard Nixon
(b) The Vantage Point by Lyndon Johnson
(c) Where's the Rest of Me? by Ronald Reagan
(d) Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy
7. According to Sarah Ironson, what is central to the Jewish Way?
8. To what famous media icon does Prior compare Joe in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Burt Reynolds
(b) John Wayne
(c) James Bond
(d) The Marlboro Man
9. As of the Epilogue, how many years has Prior been living with AIDS?
10. What does Prior tell Louis he wants to see the next time they meet?
11. Hoe does the Angel's communication with Heaven manifest itself onstage?
(a) Latin chanting
(b) A cough
(c) A body tremor
(d) A bright light
12. To where is Harper traveling in Act 5, Scene 10?
(a) San Fransisco
(b) Salt Lake City
(c) Washington D.C.
13. In what part of the Angel's body has a torn muscle after she wrestles Prior in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her shoulder
(b) Her thigh
(c) Her wrist
(d) Her ankle
14. In Act 5, Scene 7, who is Roy Cohn representing in the afterlife?
(a) The Angel
(b) Joe McCarthy
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
15. Who does Joe find in his apartment when he returns in Act 5, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Prior's apartment are the Sacred Prophetic Implements?
2. What did Harper do with her shoes prior to Act 4, Scene 5?
3. What does Prior request the Principalities bless him with at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
4. According to Emily in Act 4, Scene 6, how much weight has Prior lost?
5. In what year is the diorama at the Mormon Visitor's Center supposed to take place?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)