|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prior carry with him when he enters heaven in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A large crucifix
(b) The Sacred Book
(c) His black cloak
(d) His IV drip
2. In Act 5, Scene 7, who is Roy Cohn representing in the afterlife?
(a) Joe McCarthy
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) The Angel
3. With whom is Sarah Ironson playing cards in Act 5, Scene 6?
(a) Harper Pitt
(b) Roy Cohn
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) Rabbi Chemelwitz
4. What part of the funeral Prior and Belize attend at the beginning of Act 2 does Prior find particularly distasteful?
(a) The choreographed dance during the procession in
(b) The sequined lining of the casket
(c) The New Orleans funeral band
(d) The Sicilian Mourners
5. Which of the following adjectives is not one that Belize uses in his comparison of Roy Cohn and America in Act 4, Scene 3?
6. According to Belize in Act 2, Scene 5, what has Roy lost because he is in a hospital?
(b) Free speech
(c) Private property
(d) Constitutional rights
7. According to Prior, essentially what is AZT?
(b) A placebo
(d) A cure
8. In Act 4, Scene 3, Louis accuses Belize of hating him because why?
(a) He hates Jewish people
(b) He's in love with Prior
(c) He is bored
(d) He knows he is tougher than Louis
9. Which of the following major characters is not onstage at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
10. From what poor, malfunctioning machine do the Principalities get their news?
(a) A radio
(b) A news ticker
(c) A telegraph
(d) An old television
11. Which of the following is not an element Louis uses to describe Joe's taste in Act 1, Scene 6?
12. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
13. What shocking piece of information does Joe tell Louis in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He is married
(b) He loves Louis
(c) He is moving to Washington
(d) He is a Mormon
14. What is Louis doing when Joe enters his apartment at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 8?
15. What kind of cologne is Joe wearing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(d) Alain Delon
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Harper retrieve her Valium stash before leaving Joe?
2. What adjective does Hannah use to describe homosexuality in Act 4, Scene 6?
3. What character from the play wanders into the diorama in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Which of the following characters never goes to the Afterlife in Angels in America?
5. What recent diplomatic event sickens Roy Cohn?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)