|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 6, what slang term does Louis use to describe the neighborhood where he lives?
(a) The Boogie Down
(d) El Barrio
2. What is Belize's given name?
3. In Act 3, Scene 4, which of the following is not a place Louis mentions as a hot bed of homosexual mating?
(a) Central Park
(b) St. Mark's Baths
(c) Jones Beach
(d) Fire Island
4. What color is the star of Ethel Rosenberg's hate?
5. Which of the following characters is not in the Epilogue of the play?
(b) Prior Walter
(c) Hannah Pitt
(d) Joe Pitt
6. In Act 5, Scene 7, what does Roy Cohn want to know about the Judge?
(a) His wife's name
(b) His afterlife restaurant of choice
(c) His favorite jewelry
(d) His political affiliation
7. According to Joe in Act 4, Scene 4, why did he travel from Utah to New York?
(a) To get away from Hannah
(b) To be a real lawyer
(c) To find a place where Harper wouldn't stick out
(d) To follow his heart
8. Which of the following is Prior's chosen vestment starting in Act 2 of Perestroika?
(a) Priest's vestments
(b) A Mormon missionary's attire
(c) A dashiki
(d) A black robe
9. In Act 5, Scene 7, who is Roy Cohn representing in the afterlife?
(b) Joe McCarthy
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) The Angel
10. In what year is the diorama at the Mormon Visitor's Center supposed to take place?
11. Why do the dead all play cards in heaven?
(a) There is a possibility of chance
(b) One does not have to talk
(c) They all abstained from it on Earth
(d) They have nothing else to do
12. With whom is Sarah Ironson playing cards in Act 5, Scene 6?
(a) Ethel Rosenberg
(b) Roy Cohn
(c) Rabbi Chemelwitz
(d) Harper Pitt
13. Which of the following books written by presidents is not mentioned in Act 4, Scene 8?
(a) The Vantage Point by Lyndon Johnson
(b) Six Crises by Richard Nixon
(c) Where's the Rest of Me? by Ronald Reagan
(d) Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy
14. In what color is the Angel dressed when she enters Prior's hospital room in Act 5?
15. What piece of information about Joe does Prior surprise Louis by knowing in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He is a lawyer
(b) He is married
(c) He has just discovered he is gay
(d) He is Mormon
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following major characters is not onstage at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
2. What is the name of the angel atop the fountain in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What historical twentieth century event happened the day God abandoned the Angels?
4. What does Prior carry with him when he enters heaven in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. In Act 5, Scene 4, what word does Harper tell Joe he says a lot?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)