|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louis doing when Joe enters his apartment at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 8?
2. What character's spirit helps Louis with the Kaddish?
(a) Roy Cohn
(b) Rabbi Chemelwitz
(c) Sarah Ironson
(d) Ethel Rosenberg
3. Which of the following is Prior's chosen vestment starting in Act 2 of Perestroika?
(a) A dashiki
(b) Priest's vestments
(c) A Mormon missionary's attire
(d) A black robe
4. According to Sarah Ironson, what is central to the Jewish Way?
5. In Act 1, Scene 6, what slang term does Louis use to describe the neighborhood where he lives?
(b) The Boogie Down
(c) El Barrio
6. To what Biblical relations does Roy compare his relationship with Joe in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Saul and David
(b) Cain and Lot
(c) Joseph and Jesus
(d) Jacob and Isaac
7. According to Harper was element is essential to the end of civilization?
8. What generally embarrassing ailment does Roy discuss having in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Genital warts
(c) Bladder infection
(d) Pubic lice
9. What is the last word that Roy Cohn says before dying?
10. What world leader is Louis discussing at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) George Bush
(b) John Major
(c) Yitzak Rabin
(d) Mikhail Gorbachev
11. To what does Harper compare the souls she dreams of rising to heaven?
12. What does Prior suggest the Principalities do if God ever returns?
(a) Never let him leave again
(b) Make him apologize
(c) Bar the doors against him
(d) Take him to court
13. According to Belize in Act 2, Scene 5, what has Roy lost because he is in a hospital?
(a) Private property
(c) Free speech
(d) Constitutional rights
14. In Act 4, Scene 3, Louis accuses Belize of hating him because why?
(a) He hates Jewish people
(b) He's in love with Prior
(c) He knows he is tougher than Louis
(d) He is bored
15. What neighborhood in Brooklyn are the Mormon Mother and Harper in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Park Slope
(c) Windsor Terrace
(d) Brooklyn Heights
Short Answer Questions
1. Hoe does the Angel's communication with Heaven manifest itself onstage?
2. How is Prior's sight deteriorating?
3. What are the "prophet birds" in Belize's heaven?
4. According to Joe in Act 4, Scene 4, why did he travel from Utah to New York?
5. What part of Louis' attire in Act 5, Scene 3 does Belize think is ridiculous?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)