|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Prior's sight deteriorating?
(a) He is becoming color-blind
(b) His peripheral vision is deteriorating
(c) He is losing his depth-perception
(d) He is blind in his left eye
2. According to Prior, essentially what is AZT?
(a) A placebo
(b) A cure
3. With whom is Sarah Ironson playing cards in Act 5, Scene 6?
(a) Rabbi Chemelwitz
(b) Harper Pitt
(c) Ethel Rosenberg
(d) Roy Cohn
4. To what famous media icon does Prior compare Joe in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) James Bond
(b) The Marlboro Man
(c) John Wayne
(d) Burt Reynolds
5. Which of the following major characters is not onstage at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
6. Who said "Have you no decency?"
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) Roy Cohn
(c) Joseph Welch
(d) Joe McCarthy
7. What recent diplomatic event sickens Roy Cohn?
(a) Nixon meeting with Mao Zedong
(b) Carter's Camp David Accords
(c) Kruschev at the UN
(d) Reagan and Gorbachev in Rejkavec
8. What does Prior carry with him when he enters heaven in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) His black cloak
(b) His IV drip
(c) The Sacred Book
(d) A large crucifix
9. What is Hannah's response to Prior when he asks in what God does to prophets who refuse their vision?
(a) He feeds them to whales
(b) She dares not say
(c) No prophet would do that
(d) He forgives them eventually
10. When Prior asks Harper if she is a Mormon in Act 3, Scene 3, what does she say she is?
(a) An apostate
(b) A psuedo-Mormon
(c) A Moron
(d) A jack Mormon
11. What does Joe say he sees when he looks at Harper in Act 4, Scene 7?
12. What piece of information about Joe does Prior surprise Louis by knowing in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He is Mormon
(b) He is a lawyer
(c) He is married
(d) He has just discovered he is gay
13. At the end of Act 4, Scene 6, what does Prior say Hannah does to him?
(a) Stiffens his spine
(b) Cools his overheated mind
(c) Lulls him to sleep
(d) Makes him crazy
14. During what type of surgery did Roy Cohn convince the anesthesiologist to let him stay awake?
(a) Face lift
(c) Hip replacement
(d) Reverse viscectomy
15. At the beginning of Act 4, Scene 7, Harper ask Joe why he does what during sex?
(a) Closes his eyes
(b) Remains silent
(d) Covers her mouth
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Harper compare the souls she dreams of rising to heaven?
2. Who summons the ladder out of heaven for Prior Walter in Act 5, Scene 6?
3. As of the Epilogue, how many years has Prior been living with AIDS?
4. What do Hannah and Prior say they have in common in Act 5, Scene 8?
5. What 1986 event are the Continental Principalities discussing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)