|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sheehan's weapon being tested by the police?
2. Who does Sheehan call before disappearing?
3. When Harry meets with Irving and Lindell in Chapter 27, what can he hear through his window?
4. Why does Sheehan say he struggles with depression?
5. How is Chastain able to switch bullets to frame Sheehan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry think Elias was assuming about Harris' fingerprints on Stacey Kincaid's notebook?
2. How does Rider link the dominatrix's website with the Kincaid case?
3. What does Irving announce at his final press conference?
4. What happens when Harry asks the Kincaids about going to the car wash?
5. What happens when Harry visits Harris for the first time?
6. In Chapter 17, what does Entrenkin tell Harry about the Black Warrior case?
7. In Chapter 17, what do Entrenkin and Harry say about Frankie Sheehan?
8. What does the car wash subpoena make Harry realize about Elias' letters?
9. What happens when Harry looks over Elias' case files again before giving them to Entrenkin?
10. What do Harry and Edgar learn about the car wash subpoena when they visit the car wash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chastain's death at the end of the novel is ironic. Describe why Chastain's death is ironic and how this impacts the development of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Elias as a tragic hero. Does he meet the definition of the term? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the setting of this novel. What makes Los Angeles an effective setting? Would a rural setting work also? Why/why not?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)