|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheehan feel about the work he did on the Harris case?
2. Why does Sheehan say he questioned Harris for hours?
3. What does Harry learn Chastain did when he was first subpoenaed?
4. What does Sheehan's wife say the Kincaid case did to Sheehan?
5. Why does the press ask about Sheehan's release at the final press conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Harry and Edgar learn about the car wash subpoena when they visit the car wash?
2. What does Mrs. Kincaid tell Harry when he meets with her at her old house?
3. What does the car wash subpoena make Harry realize about Elias' letters?
4. What does Sheehan tell Harry about the Black Warrior case when they meet for drinks?
5. In Chapter 17, what do Entrenkin and Harry say about Frankie Sheehan?
6. What does Harry learn from meeting with Elias' staff in Chapter 16?
7. What happens when Harry asks the Kincaids to meet him at their old house?
8. What happens after Harry picks up Chastain for his role in the Elias murder?
9. What happens when Harry visits Harris for the first time?
10. What happens when Harry asks the Kincaids about going to the car wash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Harry to another police officer in the novel. Keep in mind their motives, methods, emotions, and impact on their community.
Essay Topic 2
Police corruption is a major theme in "Angels Flight". Describe how this novel provides a commentary on police corruption. Consider the roles of the characters and the press, along with the way the cases develop.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two of the investigations that take place in this novel. Consider who is working on them, the methods they use, and the outcome.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)