|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry visit after searching the dominatrix's apartment?
2. Where does Harry find Sheehan dead?
3. In the Harris case, what did Elias plan to reveal?
4. Why does Harry try to get his wife to leave the casino in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 18, why is Harris in the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry warn the FBI about the Elias case?
2. After the FBI join the Elias case, what deal does Harry make with them?
3. Why is Sheehan a suspect in the Elias murder case?
4. What happens after Harry picks up Chastain for his role in the Elias murder?
5. What does Irving announce at his final press conference?
6. What seems strange about Sheehan's death?
7. In Chapter 17, what does Entrenkin tell Harry about the Black Warrior case?
8. What do Harry and Edgar learn about the car wash subpoena when they visit the car wash?
9. What happens when Harry looks over Elias' case files again before giving them to Entrenkin?
10. In Chapter 27, what does Harry tell Irving and Lindell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Police corruption is a major theme in "Angels Flight". Describe how this novel provides a commentary on police corruption. Consider the roles of the characters and the press, along with the way the cases develop.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the setting of this novel. What makes Los Angeles an effective setting? Would a rural setting work also? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Harry to another police officer in the novel. Keep in mind their motives, methods, emotions, and impact on their community.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)