|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what time are Perez and Elias murdered?
2. Why does Harry fear he won't get support if he works on the Howard Elias murder case?
3. Who does Harry accuse of taking Elias' wallet and watch?
4. How does Harry know Frankie Sheehan?
5. How many partners does Harry have professionally?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Harry first looks at the Elias crime scene, what evidence is there against the police?
2. What does the scratch on Elias' arm tell Harry about his murder?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Harry so nervous?
4. Why does Harry lie to Langwiser in Chapter 12?
5. What does Harry find in Elias' apartment the first time he goes there, that help him with his case?
6. How does Harry respond to Harris' allegations?
7. How is Elias' body identified?
8. During Harry's first press conference, what does he learn about the Elias case?
9. What does Irving say to help calm Harry down about investigating the Elias case?
10. How does Mrs. Elias react when Harry comes to her house for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Harry's wife play a role in Harry's work in "Angels Flight"? How do the changes in Harry's relationship change him in other ways? What does Harry's relationship with his wife reveal?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Harry to another police officer in the novel. Keep in mind their motives, methods, emotions, and impact on their community.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of suspense in "Angels Flight". How does the author successfully or unsuccessfully use suspense? What methods are used to create suspense? How does this work or not work?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)