|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Elias' body?
2. Which shot does Harry think hit Elias last?
3. When Harry visits Elias' house for the first time, who opens the door?
4. What does the coroner's assistant give Harry in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Harry accuse of taking Elias' wallet and watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Edgar and his IAD partner discover about Perez when they spoke to her family?
2. How does Harry find out Elias' address?
3. What does Harry see on the walls of the Elias' house the first time he visits?
4. While searching Elias' desk, what things does Harry find?
5. How does Harry respond to Harris' allegations?
6. What is Michael Harris suing the police for?
7. What does Irving say to help calm Harry down about investigating the Elias case?
8. How does Irving try to stall the Elias investigation in Chapter 5?
9. Why does Harry call a casino while searching Elias' apartment?
10. How does Mrs. Elias react when Harry comes to her house for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Police corruption is a major theme in "Angels Flight". Describe how this novel provides a commentary on police corruption. Consider the roles of the characters and the press, along with the way the cases develop.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Sheehan play in "Angels Flight"? How would you describe his character? How does he help and hinder the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is Michael Harris' character created to be sympathetic even though he is a criminal? What does an examination of Harris' character do for the reader?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)