|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Harry provide Entrenkin with, supporting the idea that she had an affair with Elias?
(a) Her message to Elias.
(b) Extra keys on Elias' key ring.
(c) A note written by Elias.
(d) The missing phone book.
2. What does Carla Entrenkin say when she enters Elias' office during Harry's search?
(a) Everyone has to leave.
(b) To continue with the search.
(c) She needs to re-read the warrant.
(d) She owns the office.
3. What is Michael Harris arrested for?
(a) Kidnapping and murder.
(b) Rape and larceny.
(c) Kidnapping and larceny.
(d) Rape and murder.
4. Why does Harry fear he won't get support if he works on the Howard Elias murder case?
(a) Because everyone else wanted the job.
(b) Because he'll be investigating cops.
(c) Because people think Harris was guilty.
(d) Because he is a poor investigator.
5. What have the press nicknamed the Harris case?
(a) The Black Wiper.
(b) The Black Window.
(c) The Black Widow.
(d) The Black Warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Harry first talk to Frankie about the Elias murder?
2. How does Harry feel about Irving's first press conference?
3. What advice does Irving give Harry at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Which shot does Harry think hit Elias last?
5. How would it look if Harry had access to all of Elias' case files in his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry find in Elias' apartment the first time he goes there, that help him with his case?
2. How does Mrs. Elias react when Harry comes to her house for the first time?
3. What instructions does Harry give Edgar before he searches Elias' apartment?
4. In Chapter 5, what happens when Harry discusses the murder scene with his partners?
5. During Harry's first press conference, what does he learn about the Elias case?
6. Why does Harry lie to Langwiser in Chapter 12?
7. How does Harry find out Elias' address?
8. In Chapter 4, how does Garwood believe the shots against Elias were fired?
9. How is Elias' body identified?
10. How does Harry treat Chastain in Chapter 15?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)