|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry agree to do in order for Entrenkin to work with him on the Elias case?
(a) He agrees to give her money.
(b) He agrees to keep her out of the investigation.
(c) He agrees to let her lead the investigation.
(d) He agrees to keep her affair secret.
2. Why does Harry want Elias' stolen wallet and watch to be called in to the front desk?
(a) To avoid getting in trouble.
(b) So he can check the caller ID.
(c) To keep it anonymous.
(d) So it's done formally.
3. Who finds Elias' body?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A widow.
(c) A train operator.
(d) A ticket salesman.
4. Where does Harry put the letter that was found on Elias' body?
(a) In a fire.
(b) With the other evidence.
(c) In the mail.
(d) In his briefcase.
5. Why does Chastain threaten to have Harry punished in Chapter 10?
(a) For denying an officer a break.
(b) For roughing up an officer.
(c) For sabotaging an investigation.
(d) For delaying an investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harry first meet Janis Langwiser?
2. What is Harry's initial response when he first visits the murder scene?
3. What part of the search warrant that Harry reads to Langwiser concerns her in Chapter 9?
4. What advice does Irving give Harry at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What have the press nicknamed the Harris case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry find in Elias' apartment the first time he goes there, that help him with his case?
2. What does the scratch on Elias' arm tell Harry about his murder?
3. Why does Harry feel that Entrenkin will become part of the Elias case?
4. Before his first press conference, what does Harry accuse the RHI police of doing?
5. What worries Harry about the special master appointed to check Elias' case files?
6. How is Elias' body identified?
7. How does Mrs. Elias react when Harry comes to her house for the first time?
8. Why does Harry lie to Langwiser in Chapter 12?
9. During Harry's first press conference, what does he learn about the Elias case?
10. What does Irving say to help calm Harry down about investigating the Elias case?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)