|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harry know Frankie Sheehan?
(a) Frankie used to be his boss.
(b) He used to be Frankie's boss.
(c) They play poker together.
(d) They used to be partners.
2. Who does Langwiser call before Harry executes his search warrant in Chapter 9?
(a) Her boss.
(b) A judge.
3. Who does Harry have to wait for before looking at the items in Elias' office?
(a) The judge.
(b) The LAPD attorney.
(c) The special master.
4. What does Harry give Entrenkin when he picks up the first set of Elias' files?
(a) Elias' notebook.
(b) Elias' watch.
(c) Elias' phone.
(d) Elias' wallet.
5. What does Harry agree to do in order for Entrenkin to work with him on the Elias case?
(a) He agrees to keep her out of the investigation.
(b) He agrees to let her lead the investigation.
(c) He agrees to keep her affair secret.
(d) He agrees to give her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the press conference, who does Harry learn will also join the Elias investigation?
2. Who says it is too dangerous to approach Harris until they know more about his case?
3. Why did Elias have an apartment in addition to his house?
4. How does Irving say Entrenkin reacted to news of Elias' death?
5. Why does Harry think Garwood lied about the order of the gun shots in the Elias case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Harry about the special master appointed to check Elias' case files?
2. How does Irving try to stall the Elias investigation in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Harry call a casino while searching Elias' apartment?
4. How is Elias' body identified?
5. What does Janis Langwiser think about Harry's search warrant for Elias' belongings in Chapter 10?
6. What does Harry find in Elias' apartment the first time he goes there, that help him with his case?
7. What does Irving say to help calm Harry down about investigating the Elias case?
8. What is Michael Harris suing the police for?
9. Why does Harry lie to Langwiser in Chapter 12?
10. After eating breakfast with his team, what message does Harry hear on his voice mail?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)