|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harry find Mrs. Kincaid dead?
(a) In a field.
(b) The front porch of her old house.
(c) The police station.
(d) Stacey's old bedroom.
2. How is Chastain's death described?
(a) As a tragedy.
(b) As a form of justice.
(c) As being ironic.
(d) As a waste.
3. How does Harry escape the crowd of rioters in Chapter 40?
(a) He pretends to be a rioter.
(b) He drives to safety.
(c) He runs to safety.
(d) He hides under his car.
4. What did Mrs. Kincaid do when she learned Sam was abusing Stacey?
(a) She called the police.
(b) She looked for hard evidence.
(c) She refused to believe it.
(d) She tried to talk to Sam.
5. Where does Harry find Sheehan dead?
(a) Harry's porch.
(b) By the railroad tracks.
(c) Sheehan's driveway.
(d) The police office.
6. How does Harry learn that Chastain has been subpoenaed?
(a) Irving suggests it.
(b) Entrenkin shows him the file.
(c) Harry re-reads Elias' files.
(d) Chastain admits to it.
7. Who does Harry find in the field where Kincaid was killed?
(c) Homeless men.
(d) A group of wild dogs.
8. How does Harris act when Harry and his partners meet with him in Chapter 18?
9. What does a reporter ask Harry at the second press conference?
(a) Why the Kincaids are being investigated.
(b) Why Harris has been cleared.
(c) Why Sheehan has been released.
(d) Why it is taking so long to solve the Elias case.
10. How is Chastain able to switch bullets to frame Sheehan?
(a) He shows up for work before everyone else.
(b) He has the right connection.
(c) He is responsible for bringing bullets to testing.
(d) He works later than everyone else.
11. Why can't Eleanor find a new job?
(a) She isn't looking for a job.
(b) She doesn't have any experience.
(c) She has a felony conviction.
(d) She drinks too much.
12. Who calls at the end of Harry's first interview with the Kincaids?
(d) His wife.
13. What does Harry learn Chastain did when he was first subpoenaed?
(a) He moved.
(b) He had his dogs attack the person delivering the papers.
(c) He refused to be served.
(d) He burned the papers.
14. Who does Harry ask to release Sheehan from police custody?
(a) The FBI.
15. In Chapter 24, how does Pelfry help with the dominatrix lead?
(a) He thinks Elias was a partner in her business.
(b) He does not help with it.
(c) He says she visited with Harris the night of the murder.
(d) He can link her to Kincaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sheehan say he questioned Harris for hours?
2. Who is D.C. Richter?
3. Where does Harry pull evidence from the Dobb case?
4. Why is Sheehan brought in for questioning in the Elias case?
5. When Harry meets with Irving and Lindell in Chapter 27, what can he hear through his window?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)