|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry try to get his wife to leave the casino in Chapter 18?
(a) There was a robbery near the casino.
(b) It is near the fire.
(c) She gambles too much.
(d) He misses her.
2. Why do Harry and Edgar go to Elias' private investigator in Chapter 23?
(a) He's been questioning the same people they are.
(b) He is under arrest.
(c) He invited them over.
(d) He owes them information.
3. When Harry discovers his wife at home, where does she say she was the night before?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) The casino.
(c) The train tracks.
(d) Her best friend's house.
4. How is Chastain killed?
(a) He overdoses.
(b) Harry accidentally shoots him.
(c) By the rioters.
(d) He is hit by a car.
5. Who does Harry visit after searching the dominatrix's apartment?
(a) His wife.
6. In Chapter 18, why is Harris in the apartment?
(a) He was invited there.
(b) He lives there.
(c) He is hiding.
(d) He is lost.
7. What does Sheehan admit to doing after hours of questioning?
(a) Turning the lights off in the room.
(b) Throwing things at Harris.
(c) Putting a bag over Harris' head.
(d) Kicking Harris.
8. What does Harry learn Chastain did when he was first subpoenaed?
(a) He had his dogs attack the person delivering the papers.
(b) He refused to be served.
(c) He burned the papers.
(d) He moved.
9. Who does Garwood say would never keep a throw away gun?
10. How does Harry learn that Chastain has been subpoenaed?
(a) Chastain admits to it.
(b) Irving suggests it.
(c) Entrenkin shows him the file.
(d) Harry re-reads Elias' files.
11. Why does Harris give Harry the name of Elias' investigator?
(a) To help him answer questions.
(b) To avoid getting arrested.
(c) To get Harry to leave.
(d) To throw Harry off track.
12. How does Sheehan feel about the work he did on the Harris case?
13. Who calls at the end of Harry's first interview with the Kincaids?
(b) His wife.
14. Who interviews the dominatrix from Harry's team?
(a) The FBI agent.
15. In the Harris case, what did Elias plan to reveal?
(a) He was going to run for Congress.
(b) The corruption in the police department.
(c) The identity of the real murderer.
(d) How Harris got away with his crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks it is necessary to question Sheehan for the Elias case?
2. How are the letters that Entrenkin shows Harry marked?
3. What does Mrs. Kincaid say she did after learning Harris was innocent?
4. What is unique about the dominatrix's website?
5. What does Mrs. Kincaid say when Harry asks her if anyone else knew she went to the car wash?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)