|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Entrenkin show Harry some of Elias' letters?
(a) They are difficult to read.
(b) She wants them put some place safe.
(c) She wants to know if they are true.
(d) They don't make sense to her.
2. After finding Sheehan dead, what does Harry learn about the gunshots?
(a) He doesn't learn anything about the gunshots.
(b) No one heard the shots.
(c) There was only one.
(d) There were several.
3. What did Mrs. Kincaid do when she learned Sam was abusing Stacey?
(a) She tried to talk to Sam.
(b) She looked for hard evidence.
(c) She refused to believe it.
(d) She called the police.
4. What does Harry learn Chastain found during his Black Warrior investigation?
(a) A written confession.
(b) Video evidence.
(c) A bloody pencil.
5. Who does Harry ask to release Sheehan from police custody?
(d) The FBI.
6. What does Jenkins Pelfry tell Harry about the press' involvement in the Elias case?
(a) They announced there was a suspect.
(b) They have been tapping the police phone lines.
(c) They have not had enough access to information.
(d) They are demanding another press conference.
7. How many of the license plate numbers that Elias gave Pelfry was he able to match up to car wash receipts?
8. How does Sheehan feel about the Elias case?
(a) He thinks Harry is the best man for the case.
(b) He wants to investigate it himself.
(c) He thinks Elias got what he deserved.
(d) He thinks they shot the wrong person.
9. What does the subpoena for the car wash make Harry think of?
(a) That he is alone.
(b) What Harris did for a living.
(c) That his car needs to be washed.
(d) One of Elias' letters.
10. Where does Harry find Sheehan dead?
(a) Sheehan's driveway.
(b) Harry's porch.
(c) The police office.
(d) By the railroad tracks.
11. Why do Harry and Edgar go to Elias' private investigator in Chapter 23?
(a) He is under arrest.
(b) He invited them over.
(c) He owes them information.
(d) He's been questioning the same people they are.
12. When Harry visits the dominatrix for the first time, where does he find someone tied up?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the closet.
13. Why does Harry think Elias found the website with pictures of Stacey?
(a) To protect other girls.
(b) He doesn't have any idea.
(c) To use in court.
(d) To sue the creater.
14. When Harry discovers his wife at home, where does she say she was the night before?
(a) The casino.
(b) Her best friend's house.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) The train tracks.
15. Who thinks it is necessary to question Sheehan for the Elias case?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irving close the Kincaid case?
2. What does Harris tell Harry and his partners about the Elias murder?
3. What happens when Harry and Edgar go to Elias' private investigator's office in Chapter 23?
4. How does Harry learn that Chastain has been subpoenaed?
5. After looking at the pictures and video of Stacey online, what does Harry conclude about her abuser?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)