|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how far away is the press conference?
(a) A few days.
(b) No one knows.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
2. Why did Elias have an apartment in addition to his house?
(a) Because he had a mistress.
(b) No one knows for sure.
(c) Because he worked there.
(d) Because he rented it out.
3. Where was Howard Elias supposed to report the Monday following his murder?
(b) The hospital.
(c) The DMV.
4. In Chapter 5, Harry and his partners decide who probably killed Elias. Who do they think it was?
(a) Someone who knew him.
(c) A seasoned criminal.
(d) A random robber.
5. What does Harris claim the Robbery Homicide Unit did to him during questioning?
(a) Cut his arms.
(b) Put his face in water.
(c) Shoved a pencil in his ear.
(d) Tied his hands behind his back.
6. Who is Carla Entrenkin?
(a) A secretary at the police station.
(b) Inspector General for the police.
(c) An accountant for the police.
(d) Chief of Police.
7. How does Harry first learn that Elias had a mole inside the police department?
(a) From a letter in Elias' desk.
(b) From Elias' emails.
(c) From Elias' answering machine.
(d) From Elias' notebooks.
8. What does the coroner's assistant give Harry in Chapter 5?
(a) A set of keys.
(b) A secret note.
(c) A picture.
(d) A wallet.
9. What have the press nicknamed the Harris case?
(a) The Black Window.
(b) The Black Widow.
(c) The Black Wiper.
(d) The Black Warrior.
10. Other than evidence about his cases, why is Harry so interested in Elias' case files?
(a) They could name the killer.
(b) They give clues about his personal life.
(c) They prove that he lies in court.
(d) They are evidence that Harry has a right to see.
11. What job does Harry think Catalina Perez held before she died?
12. Why does Harry listen to Carla Entrenkin in Chapter 11?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She has a different warrant.
(c) She is special master of the case.
(d) She threatens to arrest him.
13. What does Edgar say Catalina Perez kept track of in a notebook?
(a) Her gambling.
(b) Her boyfriends.
(c) Her jobs.
(d) Her dreams.
14. What part of the search warrant that Harry reads to Langwiser concerns her in Chapter 9?
(a) The part about case files.
(b) The part about pictures.
(c) The part about Elias' car.
(d) The part about computer equipment.
15. Who does Harry call from the bathroom of Elias' apartment?
(a) His wife.
(b) His ex-partner.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Harry provide Entrenkin with, supporting the idea that she had an affair with Elias?
2. Why didn't the train operator know about the murders until after they happened?
3. What does Robbery Homicide search for, before searching the bodies?
4. How does Harry describe Frankie Sheehan in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Harry put the letter that was found on Elias' body?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)