|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who does Harry believe stole Elias' watch?
(a) A cop.
(b) A train passenger.
(d) A robber.
2. What role does Captain Garwood play in the Robbery Homicide Department?
(d) Vice President.
3. In Chapter 6, how many men does Harry send to talk to Perez's family?
4. How does Irving say Entrenkin reacted to news of Elias' death?
(a) She was very pleased.
(b) She was very confused.
(c) She was very upset.
(d) She didn't seem to care.
5. When Harry visits Elias' house for the first time, who opens the door?
(a) An elderly man.
(b) No one opens it.
(c) A middle-aged woman.
(d) A teenager.
6. Besides Irving, who else speaks at the first press conference?
(a) The head of public relations.
(b) The Inspector General.
7. How does Harry first learn that Elias had a mole inside the police department?
(a) From Elias' emails.
(b) From a letter in Elias' desk.
(c) From Elias' notebooks.
(d) From Elias' answering machine.
8. In Chapter 6, how many men does Harry send to talk to Elias' family?
9. What job does Harry think Catalina Perez held before she died?
10. Why does Harry fear he won't get support if he works on the Howard Elias murder case?
(a) Because he is a poor investigator.
(b) Because he'll be investigating cops.
(c) Because everyone else wanted the job.
(d) Because people think Harris was guilty.
11. Where does Harry find Elias' watch and wallet?
(a) In an old phone booth.
(b) In a box behind a bench.
(c) In an envelope in a trash can.
(d) In a garbage bag in a potted plant.
12. In Chapter 12, where does Harry send his team while he returns to Elias' office?
(b) Bunker Hill.
(c) Angel's Flight.
(d) Out to dinner.
13. What is Michael Harris arrested for?
(a) Kidnapping and larceny.
(b) Kidnapping and murder.
(c) Rape and larceny.
(d) Rape and murder.
14. Who calls Harry while he is waiting for his wife to come home in Chapter 1?
(a) Irvin Irving.
(b) Howard Elias.
(c) Stacey Kincaid.
(d) Frankie Sheehan.
15. While searching Elias' office, what does Harry accuse Chastain of?
(a) Locking Elias' office.
(b) Deleting Elias' answering machine.
(c) Taking Elias' phone book.
(d) Stealing Elias' phone records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the central detectives respond to the call about the discovery of Elias' body?
2. What does the coroner's assistant give Harry in Chapter 5?
3. What upsets Irving most about the way Harry searched Elias' office?
4. In Chapter 5, Harry and his partners decide who probably killed Elias. Who do they think it was?
5. What is Harry's initial response when he first visits the murder scene?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)