|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Howard Elias supposed to report the Monday following his murder?
(a) The DMV.
(c) The hospital.
2. Who finds Elias' body?
(a) A ticket salesman.
(b) A train operator.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A widow.
3. What does Robbery Homicide search for, before searching the bodies?
(a) Shell casings.
(b) A letter.
(c) A knife.
4. How does Chastain say he knew Elias?
(a) In passing.
(b) Not very well.
(d) He won't answer the question.
5. Why does Chastain threaten to have Harry punished in Chapter 10?
(a) For roughing up an officer.
(b) For denying an officer a break.
(c) For delaying an investigation.
(d) For sabotaging an investigation.
6. Why does Harry fear he won't get support if he works on the Howard Elias murder case?
(a) Because he is a poor investigator.
(b) Because he'll be investigating cops.
(c) Because everyone else wanted the job.
(d) Because people think Harris was guilty.
7. When Harry visits Elias' house for the first time, who opens the door?
(a) A teenager.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) No one opens it.
(d) A middle-aged woman.
8. While searching Elias' office, why do Harry and Rider go to a website for a dominatrix?
(a) Elias had it saved in his bookmarks.
(b) They were bored.
(c) They mistyped a website address.
(d) Elias had printed something off her website.
9. When does Harry first talk to Frankie about the Elias murder?
(a) After meeting with Garwood.
(b) As soon as he gets home from looking at the scene.
(c) Before meeting with Garwood.
(d) A week after he first saw the scene.
10. Who does Harry have to wait for before looking at the items in Elias' office?
(a) The LAPD attorney.
(b) The special master.
(d) The judge.
11. What does Harry agree to do in order for Entrenkin to work with him on the Elias case?
(a) He agrees to let her lead the investigation.
(b) He agrees to give her money.
(c) He agrees to keep her affair secret.
(d) He agrees to keep her out of the investigation.
12. In Chapter 5, Harry and his partners decide who probably killed Elias. Who do they think it was?
(a) Someone who knew him.
(c) A random robber.
(d) A seasoned criminal.
13. In Chapter 6, how many men does Harry send to talk to Elias' family?
14. What does Chastain find on the lower level of the train during his second scan of the scene?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(b) A personal letter.
(c) A gun.
15. What does Harry give Entrenkin when he picks up the first set of Elias' files?
(a) Elias' watch.
(b) Elias' wallet.
(c) Elias' phone.
(d) Elias' notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Irving say Entrenkin reacted to news of Elias' death?
2. In Chapter 15, who does Harry fear might be leaking information to the press?
3. Where does Harry stand during his first press conference?
4. How does Harry describe Frankie Sheehan in Chapter 3?
5. Which shot does Garwood think hit Elias first?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)