|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than evidence about his cases, why is Harry so interested in Elias' case files?
(a) They could name the killer.
(b) They give clues about his personal life.
(c) They prove that he lies in court.
(d) They are evidence that Harry has a right to see.
2. Why don't the central detectives respond to the call about the discovery of Elias' body?
(a) Their office is shut down.
(b) They are out training.
(c) They don't have the right resources.
(d) They are in court.
3. What does Entrenkin tell Harry about the Elias case in Chapter 12?
(a) That she didn't do it.
(b) That he'll have to do what she says.
(c) That he'll never get past her.
(d) That she wants to help.
4. What upsets Irving most about the way Harry searched Elias' office?
(a) He took things he shouldn't have.
(b) He left a mess.
(c) He didn't follow the rules of the warrant.
(d) He didn't bring his partners.
5. Why does Harry fear he won't get support if he works on the Howard Elias murder case?
(a) Because he is a poor investigator.
(b) Because everyone else wanted the job.
(c) Because people think Harris was guilty.
(d) Because he'll be investigating cops.
6. How does Irving say Entrenkin reacted to news of Elias' death?
(a) She didn't seem to care.
(b) She was very confused.
(c) She was very pleased.
(d) She was very upset.
7. How is Stacey Kincaid related to a well-known Los Angeles car salesman?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his granddaughter.
(c) She is his step-daughter.
(d) She is his niece.
8. What job does Harry think Catalina Perez held before she died?
9. When Harry leaves Elias' house for the first time, what stands out to him most?
(a) The size of his television.
(b) The pictures on the wall.
(c) The smell of flowers.
(d) The dirty carpet.
10. Besides Irving, who else speaks at the first press conference?
(a) The Inspector General.
(b) The head of public relations.
11. In Chapter 5, who does Harry believe stole Elias' watch?
(a) A robber.
(c) A train passenger.
(d) A cop.
12. Who do the detectives first send to the Elias' crime scene call for help?
(d) The FBI.
13. At the end of Chapter 8, how far away is the press conference?
(a) No one knows.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
14. What role does Captain Garwood play in the Robbery Homicide Department?
(c) Vice President.
15. In Chapter 9, whose job is it to canvass the buildings surrounding Angels Flight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry need Rider's help looking at a piece of paper found in Elias' office?
2. In Chapter 5, Harry and his partners decide who probably killed Elias. Who do they think it was?
3. In Chapter 12, where does Harry send his team while he returns to Elias' office?
4. Which shot does Harry think hit Elias last?
5. What is Michael Harris arrested for?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)