|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vittoria do when she sees Langdon alive after his fall?
2. What does Langdon hear shortly after the bells chime at St. Peter's Square?
3. What is branded on the chest of the cardinal at the third Altar of Science?
4. What does Glick see as he and Macri watch the front of the first church?
5. Why did the Camerlengo take part in this horrible plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Langdon find the Church of Illumination once he is inside the Castle of the Angel?
2. What are the people in St. Peter's Square chanting when they see the Camerlengo appear on the Basilica after the explosion of the antimatter?
3. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
4. How did Kohler become paralyzed?
5. How was the second cardinal murdered?
6. What does the recorded video from Kohler reveal?
7. What does Vittoria see in the dead Pope's body that indicates he was poisoned?
8. Why does the Hassassin not alert the media to the site of the third Altar of Science?
9. Why doesn't Langdon climb a ladder to reach the third cardinal before he burns to death?
10. How did the Camerlengo die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Langdon and Vittoria change through the course of the book, individually and in their relationship with one another, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Dan Brown have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)