|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police find and resuce Langdon after the fire in the church is put out?
2. Where is the Church of Illumination?
3. What is the first thing Vittoria notices about the most recently deceased Pope?
4. What does Langdon hear when he tries to call the Vatican after being rescued by the firemen?
5. Who does Langdon think Janus really is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
2. How does Langdon escape from the Vatican Archives when he is locked in as the power is shut off?
3. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
4. Where does Langdon land after falling from the helicopter?
5. Why does the Hassassin not alert the media to the site of the third Altar of Science?
6. Why did the Camerlengo devise such a horrible plan?
7. How does Langdon find the Church of Illumination once he is inside the Castle of the Angel?
8. How does the Hassassin die?
9. What confuses Langdon when he sees the chest of Illuminati seals?
10. Why does the Hassassin not kill Vittoria like he did Olivetti in the burning church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
Essay Topic 2
Langdon endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Langdon learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)