|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the brand on the Cardinal killed at the fourth Altar of Science?
2. Why does Chartrand shoot Rocher?
3. According to the Camerlengo, how does he know where to find the antimatter?
4. What does Langdon hear when he tries to call the Vatican after being rescued by the firemen?
5. What vehicle does the Hassassin drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Pope poisoned with?
2. How did Kohler become paralyzed?
3. How does Langdon find the Church of Illumination once he is inside the Castle of the Angel?
4. What does Vittoria see in the dead Pope's body that indicates he was poisoned?
5. Why did the Camerlengo devise such a horrible plan?
6. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
7. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
8. What does the Camerlengo say when Langdon first tries to jump in the helicopter with him?
9. How did the Camerlengo die?
10. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A huge emphasis is placed on the arts in this book. Where are some of the best examples of this emphasis and how did this emphasis change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The four elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water are all very important to the plot of this book. Why were these elements so important, and what did they each symbolize, separately and together?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)