|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langdon do as soon as he realizes the Hassassin has left the fourth Altar of Science?
2. What does Langdon see in a book in the archives that he thinks is a sign of the correct position of the third Altar of Science?
3. Who is Janus?
4. Where did Glick say was an important and secret member of the Illuminati in the report that landed him in a holding cell?
5. What is the second cardinal killed dressed like when he is found dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Pope poisoned with?
2. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
3. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
4. What happens with Langdon and Vittoria at the end of the book?
5. Why did Vittoria want the canister of antimatter to stay in the catacombs?
6. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
7. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
8. How did Kohler become paralyzed?
9. What does the new Pope tell Langdon to do with his secret information about the Camerlengo?
10. Why does the Hassassin not kill Vittoria like he did Olivetti in the burning church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)