|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Camerlengo do after telling the Conclave members the truth about the missing cardinals?
2. What is the second cardinal killed dressed like when he is found dying?
3. What does Vittoria find at the back of the burning church?
4. How is the Camerlengo killed?
5. Why does the Camerlengo say there was never any risk while he was dabbling with the dangerous antimatter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kohler doing as Langdon is trying to escape from the overturned sarcophagus?
2. Why did Vittoria want the canister of antimatter to stay in the catacombs?
3. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
4. How does Langdon escape from the Vatican Archives when he is locked in as the power is shut off?
5. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
6. What happens with Langdon and Vittoria at the end of the book?
7. What are the people in St. Peter's Square chanting when they see the Camerlengo appear on the Basilica after the explosion of the antimatter?
8. How did Kohler become paralyzed?
9. What was the Pope poisoned with?
10. Where does Langdon land after falling from the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Langdon endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Langdon learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)