|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Vittoria notices about the most recently deceased Pope?
2. Why does the Hassassin leave Langdon in the pool while he is still alive?
3. How do Vittoria and Langdon get into the burning church?
4. What does Langdon see on the Camerlengo's body as they try to transport him to the hospital after the shooting in the Pope's office?
5. How many churches could possibly hold the third Altar of Science?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
2. How does Langdon find the Church of Illumination once he is inside the Castle of the Angel?
3. Why did the Camerlengo devise such a horrible plan?
4. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
5. What causes Dr. Jacobus to start believing in a higher being?
6. How does Langdon escape from the Vatican Archives when he is locked in as the power is shut off?
7. What are the people in St. Peter's Square chanting when they see the Camerlengo appear on the Basilica after the explosion of the antimatter?
8. Where does Langdon land after falling from the helicopter?
9. What confuses Langdon when he sees the chest of Illuminati seals?
10. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)