|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Langdon get past the outer wall of the fourth Altar of Science?
2. Who does Langdon think Janus really is?
3. Why does the Hassassin leave Langdon in the pool while he is still alive?
4. Who goes with the Camerlengo to destroy the antimatter in the last minutes before time runs out?
5. What do the people see on the Basillica after the antimatter explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vittoria see in the dead Pope's body that indicates he was poisoned?
2. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
3. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
4. How does Langdon escape from the Vatican Archives when he is locked in as the power is shut off?
5. What does the Camerlengo say when Langdon first tries to jump in the helicopter with him?
6. What causes Dr. Jacobus to start believing in a higher being?
7. What does Kohler tell Vittoria when he calls her as she is rushing to the third Altar of Science?
8. How did the Camerlengo die?
9. What is Kohler doing as Langdon is trying to escape from the overturned sarcophagus?
10. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Camerlengo's radical dedication wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 2
A huge emphasis is placed on the arts in this book. Where are some of the best examples of this emphasis and how did this emphasis change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)