|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Camerlengo not want Langdon to join him in the helicopter?
2. What do Langdon and Vittoria do as they enter St. Peter's Square?
3. What was the Pope killed by?
4. What did a priest once tell Kohler his paralysis was?
5. Where is Langdon trapped after the Hassassin kidnaps Vittoria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Hassassin not alert the media to the site of the third Altar of Science?
2. How does Langdon escape from the Vatican Archives when he is locked in as the power is shut off?
3. What does Kohler tell Vittoria when he calls her as she is rushing to the third Altar of Science?
4. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
5. Why doesn't Langdon climb a ladder to reach the third cardinal before he burns to death?
6. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
7. How does Langdon find the Church of Illumination once he is inside the Castle of the Angel?
8. What does the new Pope tell Langdon to do with his secret information about the Camerlengo?
9. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
10. What was the Pope poisoned with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)