|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Langdon use as a parachute when he jumped from the helicopter?
2. What did a priest once tell Kohler his paralysis was?
3. Where does the tunnel from the fourth Altar of Science lead to?
4. How did the Pope father a child without breaking his sacred vows of celibacy?
5. What vehicle does the Hassassin drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
2. Why did the Camerlengo devise such a horrible plan?
3. How does Langdon find the Church of Illumination once he is inside the Castle of the Angel?
4. What was the Pope poisoned with?
5. How does the Hassassin die?
6. What happens with Langdon and Vittoria at the end of the book?
7. Where does Kohler find Vetra's journal?
8. Where does Langdon land after falling from the helicopter?
9. How was the second cardinal murdered?
10. What does the recorded video from Kohler reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
Essay Topic 3
The four elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water are all very important to the plot of this book. Why were these elements so important, and what did they each symbolize, separately and together?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)