|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is branded on the chest of the cardinal at the third Altar of Science?
2. What does Langdon dream about the night after the Camerlengo's death?
3. What was the Pope killed by?
4. What color is the smoke in the Conclave when no Pope is chosen?
5. How is the general public told about the kidnapped and murdered cardinals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the second cardinal murdered?
2. What does the new Pope tell Langdon to do with his secret information about the Camerlengo?
3. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
4. What causes Dr. Jacobus to start believing in a higher being?
5. What does the recorded video from Kohler reveal?
6. How did the Camerlengo die?
7. How does Langdon escape from the Vatican Archives when he is locked in as the power is shut off?
8. What confuses Langdon when he sees the chest of Illuminati seals?
9. How did Kohler become paralyzed?
10. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)