|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langdon dream about the night after the Camerlengo's death?
2. How is the general public told about the kidnapped and murdered cardinals?
3. Who is the 11th Hour Samaritan?
4. Where is the Church of Illumination?
5. Who is Janus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vittoria see in the dead Pope's body that indicates he was poisoned?
2. What causes Dr. Jacobus to start believing in a higher being?
3. Why does the Hassassin not kill Vittoria like he did Olivetti in the burning church?
4. What was the Pope poisoned with?
5. What does the new Pope tell Langdon to do with his secret information about the Camerlengo?
6. What does the recorded video from Kohler reveal?
7. What confuses Langdon when he sees the chest of Illuminati seals?
8. How was the second cardinal murdered?
9. What are the people in St. Peter's Square chanting when they see the Camerlengo appear on the Basilica after the explosion of the antimatter?
10. Where does Langdon land after falling from the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Langdon endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Langdon learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)