|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Camerlengo take part in this horrible plan?
2. What does Langdon see on the television as he leaves the Vatican Archives for the second time?
3. What is branded on the chest of the cardinal at the third Altar of Science?
4. What happens just as Langdon is leaving the Vatican Archives the second time?
5. Where is the Church of Illumination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vittoria see in the dead Pope's body that indicates he was poisoned?
2. How did Kohler become paralyzed?
3. Why doesn't Langdon climb a ladder to reach the third cardinal before he burns to death?
4. What was the Pope poisoned with?
5. What causes Dr. Jacobus to start believing in a higher being?
6. Where does Langdon land after falling from the helicopter?
7. Why did the Camerlengo devise such a horrible plan?
8. Where does Kohler find Vetra's journal?
9. What does Kohler tell Vittoria when he calls her as she is rushing to the third Altar of Science?
10. What relic in St. Peter's Square has a clue that indicates Air?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Dan Brown have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Religion and science are two themes that are present throughout the entire book. How do these themes affect the plot, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)