|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Glick say was an important and secret member of the Illuminati in the report that landed him in a holding cell?
2. What color is the smoke in the Conclave when no Pope is chosen?
3. What did a priest once tell Kohler his paralysis was?
4. How did the Pope father a child without breaking his sacred vows of celibacy?
5. What medication was the Pope taking daily when he was alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Langdon and Vittoria at the end of the book?
2. What does Kohler tell Vittoria when he calls her as she is rushing to the third Altar of Science?
3. What was the Pope poisoned with?
4. Where does Kohler find Vetra's journal?
5. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
6. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
7. How does the Hassassin die?
8. Why does the Hassassin not alert the media to the site of the third Altar of Science?
9. How did the Camerlengo die?
10. How does Langdon find the Church of Illumination once he is inside the Castle of the Angel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and dominance were things sought by many different characters in this book. Which characters sought for power and who was successful?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
A huge emphasis is placed on the arts in this book. Where are some of the best examples of this emphasis and how did this emphasis change the course of the plot?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)