|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vetra cry out to his murderer before he dies?
2. What does the Hassassin tell the Camerlengo he will do with the four Cardinals he has kidnapped?
3. What is antimatter?
4. What does Robert Langdon do when Kohler contacts him?
5. When were the statues at the Pantheon removed or destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Langdon give the Camerlengo when they first meet in the Pope's Office?
2. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
3. What happens in a Conclave?
4. How did Vittoria first meet Vetra?
5. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
6. What happens to Kohler just as Langdon and Vittoria get on the plane to head to the Vatican?
7. What is antimatter?
8. What language is the clue to the location of the first Altar of Science written in?
9. How was the first cardinal murdered?
10. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kohler was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Kohler had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)