|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sheltered the Illuminati when they fled Rome?
2. How many Swiss Guards go with Langdon to what he thinks is the first Altar of Science?
3. What does Vittoria use for protection when she and Langdon enter the chapel behind the church containing the first Altar of Science?
4. Where does Robert Langdon work?
5. What is Robert Langdon's job title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
2. What is Kohler doing as Langdon is trying to escape from the overturned sarcophagus?
3. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
4. How was the first cardinal murdered?
5. What was the Pope poisoned with?
6. Who does Vetra's killer give the item he stole to after he has completed his almost impossible task?
7. How was the second cardinal murdered?
8. What does Kohler tell Vittoria when he calls her as she is rushing to the third Altar of Science?
9. What happens in a Conclave?
10. Who is the 11th hour Samaritan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion and science are two themes that are present throughout the entire book. How do these themes affect the plot, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)