|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Kohler not called the police about Vetra's murder when he shows Langdon the body?
2. What guards the lock to Vetra's lab?
3. How many Altars of Science are there?
4. What job did Vetra have before he became a scientist?
5. What does Langdon feel when he enters the Pantheon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vetra's killer gouge his eye out?
2. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
3. What proved that the Big Bang Theory was true?
4. Where was Raphael buried?
5. What does Vittoria find to help her see down the hole to the first Altar of Science?
6. What language is the clue to the location of the first Altar of Science written in?
7. What did the Illuminati vow to do when they began to emerge after being persecuted by the Catholic church?
8. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
9. How is antimatter stored?
10. How long does Langdon have to find what he needs in the Vatican Archives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
The Camerlengo's radical dedication wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Dan Brown have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)