|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cardinals are missing when the Conclave is supposed to begin?
2. Who tells Vittoria and Langdon where the first Altar of Science is when they realize they are in the wrong place?
3. What is the only reason Langdon can think of for the Illuminati to want the antimatter?
4. What is Langdon's response when Vittoria asks him if he believes in God?
5. What does Olivetti give Vittoria when she leaves the car to enter what Langdon thinks is the first Altar of Science?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aside from the human lives, what else is the antimatter threatening by being housed in the Vatican?
2. Why did the Pope not receive an autopsy when he died?
3. What is antimatter?
4. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
5. What language is the clue to the location of the first Altar of Science written in?
6. How much will one square yard of drag slowdown a falling human body?
7. How did Vittoria first meet Vetra?
8. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
9. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
10. What is the name of the incredibly fast plane that Langdon rides to Switzerland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
Essay Topic 2
Power and dominance were things sought by many different characters in this book. Which characters sought for power and who was successful?
Essay Topic 3
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)