|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vittoria think the antimatter should be licensed?
2. Where was Vittoria's orphanage?
3. What does Vetra cry out to his murderer before he dies?
4. How long does Langdon have to find the book when he enters the Vatican Archives?
5. What do Langdon and Vittoria do when they enter what Langdon thinks is the first Altar of Science?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does Langdon have to find what he needs in the Vatican Archives?
2. Where in the book is the footnote that Vittoria finds as a clue to the location of the first Altar of Science?
3. How is antimatter stored?
4. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
5. Aside from the human lives, what else is the antimatter threatening by being housed in the Vatican?
6. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
7. Why does Langdon not know the creator of the Illuminati brand?
8. What is the name of the incredibly fast plane that Langdon rides to Switzerland?
9. What happens to Kohler just as Langdon and Vittoria get on the plane to head to the Vatican?
10. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The four elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water are all very important to the plot of this book. Why were these elements so important, and what did they each symbolize, separately and together?
Essay Topic 2
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
Essay Topic 3
Kohler was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Kohler had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)