|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langdon first notice about Vittoria when he meets her for the first time?
2. How long does Langdon have to find the book when he enters the Vatican Archives?
3. While on the quest for the antimatter, what is the only thing that feels "right" to Vittoria?
4. How long does Langdon have to find the canister of antimatter when he reaches the Vatican?
5. Who proposed the Big Bang Theory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is held in Vault 10 of the Vatican Archives?
2. Where was Raphael buried?
3. What happens in a Conclave?
4. Where in the book is the footnote that Vittoria finds as a clue to the location of the first Altar of Science?
5. How was the first cardinal murdered?
6. Why did the Pope not receive an autopsy when he died?
7. What is antimatter?
8. Why did Vetra's killer gouge his eye out?
9. How does Vittoria get a hold of the Camerlengo when she and Langdon are detained at the Vatican?
10. How long does Langdon have to find what he needs in the Vatican Archives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Langdon and Vittoria change through the course of the book, individually and in their relationship with one another, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)