|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vittoria say to Olivetti that convinces him to continue his trek to what Langdon think is the first Altar of Science?
2. How was the first cardinal killed by the Hassassin?
3. What did Vetra create in one of his experiments to prove Genesis?
4. How long does Langdon have to find the canister of antimatter when he reaches the Vatican?
5. What number security camera has been misplaced by the person on the walkie-talkie shortly after Langdon meets Vittoria?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
2. Aside from the human lives, what else is the antimatter threatening by being housed in the Vatican?
3. What did the Illuminati vow to do when they began to emerge after being persecuted by the Catholic church?
4. Why is Vittoria unable to call the authorities when she realizes the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
5. Where in the book is the footnote that Vittoria finds as a clue to the location of the first Altar of Science?
6. What is the name of the incredibly fast plane that Langdon rides to Switzerland?
7. What happens to Kohler just as Langdon and Vittoria get on the plane to head to the Vatican?
8. Where was Raphael buried?
9. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
10. How long does Langdon have to find what he needs in the Vatican Archives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)