|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposed the Big Bang Theory?
2. How many Swiss Guards go with Langdon to what he thinks is the first Altar of Science?
3. How does Kohler first contact Langdon?
4. What is the small entrance to the first Altar of Science called?
5. Where does Langdon realize they must go to retrieve the antimatter as Kohler has a coughing fit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Langdon not know the creator of the Illuminati brand?
2. Why did Vetra's killer gouge his eye out?
3. What happens to Kohler just as Langdon and Vittoria get on the plane to head to the Vatican?
4. How does Vittoria get a hold of the Camerlengo when she and Langdon are detained at the Vatican?
5. How did Vittoria first meet Vetra?
6. Who does Vetra's killer give the item he stole to after he has completed his almost impossible task?
7. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
8. How long does Langdon have to find what he needs in the Vatican Archives?
9. What was the artist Raphael's surname?
10. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Dan Brown have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Langdon endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Langdon learn through these experiences?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)