|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Langdon have to find the book when he enters the Vatican Archives?
2. Where does Langdon realize they must go to retrieve the antimatter as Kohler has a coughing fit?
3. What does Olivetti tell the Camerlengo they should do to buy time after the phone call from the Hassassin?
4. What does Vittoria hope that antimatter will be?
5. How long does Langdon have to find the canister of antimatter when he reaches the Vatican?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the artist Raphael's surname?
2. How is antimatter stored?
3. What proved that the Big Bang Theory was true?
4. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
5. Aside from the human lives, what else is the antimatter threatening by being housed in the Vatican?
6. What is antimatter?
7. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
8. Why is Vittoria unable to call the authorities when she realizes the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
9. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
10. What happens to Kohler just as Langdon and Vittoria get on the plane to head to the Vatican?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Religion and science are two themes that are present throughout the entire book. How do these themes affect the plot, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)