|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vetra smell at the beginning of the book?
2. Why has Kohler not called the police about Vetra's murder when he shows Langdon the body?
3. Where does Langdon realize they must go to retrieve the antimatter as Kohler has a coughing fit?
4. How many cardinals are missing when the Conclave is supposed to begin?
5. What was Raphael's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Camerlengo devise such a horrible plan?
2. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
3. Where does Kohler find Vetra's journal?
4. How did Vittoria first meet Vetra?
5. What was the Pope poisoned with?
6. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
7. Where was Raphael buried?
8. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
9. Why does the Hassassin not kill Vittoria like he did Olivetti in the burning church?
10. What does Kohler tell Vittoria when he calls her as she is rushing to the third Altar of Science?
Essay Topic 1
The antimatter was a dangerous but integral part of this plot. What about the antimatter made it so important, and how did its presence affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The Camerlengo was an interesting and terribly complex character in this book. What are some of his greatest eccentricities, and how does his presence shape the outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 3
A huge emphasis is placed on the arts in this book. Where are some of the best examples of this emphasis and how did this emphasis change the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)