|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vetra create in one of his experiments to prove Genesis?
2. What did the santi Langdon was supposed to find at the first Altar of Science do during his lifetime?
3. When did the BBC run articles with warnings of the growing power of the Illuminati?
4. How many of the Catholic cardinals are in the Vatican City due to the Pope's death?
5. What is the only reason Langdon can think of for the Illuminati to want the antimatter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vittoria see in the dead Pope's body that indicates he was poisoned?
2. Why is Vittoria unable to call the authorities when she realizes the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
3. Why did Vittoria want the canister of antimatter to stay in the catacombs?
4. What was the Pope poisoned with?
5. What happens with Langdon and Vittoria at the end of the book?
6. How was the second cardinal murdered?
7. How does the Hassassin die?
8. Why does the Hassassin not kill Vittoria like he did Olivetti in the burning church?
9. What happens when Vittoria tries to give the second cardinal mouth-to-mouth?
10. Where in the book is the footnote that Vittoria finds as a clue to the location of the first Altar of Science?
Essay Topic 1
Power and dominance were things sought by many different characters in this book. Which characters sought for power and who was successful?
Essay Topic 2
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)