|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was used to tie the dead man's arms to the stake at the first Altar of Science?
2. Why does Vittoria feel so guilty when she sees that the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
3. What was Raphael's last name?
4. How many Swiss Guards go with Langdon to what he thinks is the first Altar of Science?
5. How was the first cardinal killed by the Hassassin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
2. How is antimatter stored?
3. Why did the Pope not receive an autopsy when he died?
4. Aside from the human lives, what else is the antimatter threatening by being housed in the Vatican?
5. How did Vittoria first meet Vetra?
6. Who does Vetra's killer give the item he stole to after he has completed his almost impossible task?
7. How was the first cardinal murdered?
8. How much will one square yard of drag slowdown a falling human body?
9. What happens to Kohler just as Langdon and Vittoria get on the plane to head to the Vatican?
10. Why is Vittoria unable to call the authorities when she realizes the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Kohler was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Kohler had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Langdon endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Langdon learn through these experiences?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)