Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the small entrance to the first Altar of Science called?
2. Why does Vittoria think the antimatter should be licensed?
3. What is Chartrand thinking while patrolling the Pantheon?
4. What does Kohler say all questions once were as he shows Langdon around his facility?
5. Where is the Conclave supposed to take place when Langdon reaches the Vatican?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Langdon escape from the Vatican Archives when he is locked in as the power is shut off?
2. How does the Hassassin die?
3. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
4. How is antimatter stored?
5. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
6. How was the second cardinal murdered?
7. How did the Camerlengo die?
8. Where does Kohler find Vetra's journal?
9. What confuses Langdon when he sees the chest of Illuminati seals?
10. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
Essay Topic 1
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
Essay Topic 2
Kohler was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Kohler had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
The power and influence of the media is a theme that Brown touches on a number of times. What are some of the places where this theme is present, and what affect does it have on the course of the plot? Why do you think this was an important theme to Brown?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)