|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vetra trying to support and promote with his scientific discoveries?
2. When were the statues at the Pantheon removed or destroyed?
3. What was Raphael's last name?
4. What does Olivetti tell the Camerlengo they should do to buy time after the phone call from the Hassassin?
5. Why does Langdon highly doubt that the Illuminati are really behind Vetra's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is antimatter stored?
2. How long does Langdon have to find what he needs in the Vatican Archives?
3. What happens to Kohler just as Langdon and Vittoria get on the plane to head to the Vatican?
4. How did the ancient Illuminati use their influence and power to avenge those who treated them poorly?
5. What is held in Vault 10 of the Vatican Archives?
6. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
7. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
8. What does Langdon give the Camerlengo when they first meet in the Pope's Office?
9. What is the name of the incredibly fast plane that Langdon rides to Switzerland?
10. What is antimatter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Langdon and Vittoria change through the course of the book, individually and in their relationship with one another, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
The four elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water are all very important to the plot of this book. Why were these elements so important, and what did they each symbolize, separately and together?
Essay Topic 3
Power and dominance were things sought by many different characters in this book. Which characters sought for power and who was successful?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)