|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of accent does the person have who calls the Camerlengo while Langdon is in his office?
2. What is Kohler's job title?
3. How long does it take Robert to reach Switzerland?
4. When did the BBC run articles with warnings of the growing power of the Illuminati?
5. What was used to tie the dead man's arms to the stake at the first Altar of Science?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
2. What is antimatter?
3. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
4. Why did the Pope not receive an autopsy when he died?
5. Why does Langdon not know the creator of the Illuminati brand?
6. What is held in Vault 10 of the Vatican Archives?
7. Who does Vetra's killer give the item he stole to after he has completed his almost impossible task?
8. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
9. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
10. Why did Vetra's killer gouge his eye out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)