|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Langdon feel when he enters the Pantheon?
2. What seems to be Langdon's chief concern about the position of the antimatter?
3. What was Raphael's last name?
4. What kind of accent does the person have who calls the Camerlengo while Langdon is in his office?
5. When were the statues at the Pantheon removed or destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vetra's killer gouge his eye out?
2. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
3. What was the artist Raphael's surname?
4. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
5. Who does Vetra's killer give the item he stole to after he has completed his almost impossible task?
6. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
7. Where in the book is the footnote that Vittoria finds as a clue to the location of the first Altar of Science?
8. What is antimatter?
9. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
10. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The four elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water are all very important to the plot of this book. Why were these elements so important, and what did they each symbolize, separately and together?
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)