Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Vittoria when she heard of her father's death?
2. What is Langdon's response when Vittoria asks him if he believes in God?
3. What does the Hassassin promise to tell Glick while he is in the Vatican City?
4. Where was Vittoria's orphanage?
5. What was used to tie the dead man's arms to the stake at the first Altar of Science?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
2. What happens with Langdon and Vittoria at the end of the book?
3. How long does Langdon have to find what he needs in the Vatican Archives?
4. What did the Illuminati vow to do when they began to emerge after being persecuted by the Catholic church?
5. How much will one square yard of drag slowdown a falling human body?
6. What does Vittoria see in the dead Pope's body that indicates he was poisoned?
7. What does Vittoria find to help her see down the hole to the first Altar of Science?
8. How was the second cardinal murdered?
9. How does Kohler think his experience at the Vatican will end?
10. Why did Vittoria want the canister of antimatter to stay in the catacombs?
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)