|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Vittoria when she heard of her father's death?
2. What does the man who calls Glick on his cell phone tell him when he reaches the Vatican City?
3. What does Langdon feel when he enters the Pantheon?
4. What does Vittoria find on the floor outside the upper lab?
5. Where does Langdon think the first Altar of Science is after finding the book he was looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aside from the human lives, what else is the antimatter threatening by being housed in the Vatican?
2. What was the artist Raphael's surname?
3. What does Vittoria find to help her see down the hole to the first Altar of Science?
4. How does Vittoria get a hold of the Camerlengo when she and Langdon are detained at the Vatican?
5. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
6. What language is the clue to the location of the first Altar of Science written in?
7. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
8. Why did the Pope not receive an autopsy when he died?
9. Why did Vetra's killer gouge his eye out?
10. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Camerlengo was an interesting and terribly complex character in this book. What are some of his greatest eccentricities, and how does his presence shape the outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)