|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the book begins did the Pope die?
2. What about the church with the first Altar of Science made it easier for the Hassassin to get in?
3. What is the small entrance to the first Altar of Science called?
4. Where is the Conclave supposed to take place when Langdon reaches the Vatican?
5. What does the Hassassin tell the Camerlengo he will do with the four Cardinals he has kidnapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
2. What was the artist Raphael's surname?
3. How does Vittoria get a hold of the Camerlengo when she and Langdon are detained at the Vatican?
4. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
5. What did the Illuminati vow to do when they began to emerge after being persecuted by the Catholic church?
6. Why is Vittoria unable to call the authorities when she realizes the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
7. What language is the clue to the location of the first Altar of Science written in?
8. How was the first cardinal murdered?
9. What is the name of the incredibly fast plane that Langdon rides to Switzerland?
10. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Secrecy was an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Pride is a very basic and obvious themes in this book. What is the difference between pride and confidence and where in the book do these themes appear?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)