|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Vittoria and Langdon where the first Altar of Science is when they realize they are in the wrong place?
2. What is antimatter?
3. Who performed the ritual to confirm the Pope's death?
4. What do Langdon and Vittoria do when they enter what Langdon thinks is the first Altar of Science?
5. Where did Vetra first go to study physics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What proved that the Big Bang Theory was true?
2. Why did Vetra's killer gouge his eye out?
3. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
4. How is antimatter stored?
5. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
6. What is the final duty of the Camerlengo?
7. Why did Kohler not call the police when he found Vetra dead in his office?
8. What does Langdon give the Camerlengo when they first meet in the Pope's Office?
9. What is antimatter?
10. What language is the clue to the location of the first Altar of Science written in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kohler was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Kohler had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
The Camerlengo's radical dedication wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 3
How do Langdon and Vittoria change through the course of the book, individually and in their relationship with one another, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)