|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Hassassin wait in the stone tunnel before entering the door that was opened for him after he steals the anti-matter?
2. Who tells Vittoria and Langdon where the first Altar of Science is when they realize they are in the wrong place?
3. How long before the book begins did the Pope die?
4. What did Vittoria and her father talk about the first time they met at the orphanage?
5. What is antimatter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Vetra's killer give the item he stole to after he has completed his almost impossible task?
2. What is held in Vault 10 of the Vatican Archives?
3. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
4. Why did the Pope not receive an autopsy when he died?
5. Where in the book is the footnote that Vittoria finds as a clue to the location of the first Altar of Science?
6. How much will one square yard of drag slowdown a falling human body?
7. What questions was Vetra trying to answer when he began his work at CERN?
8. What was the artist Raphael's surname?
9. What did the Illuminati vow to do when they began to emerge after being persecuted by the Catholic church?
10. Why does Langdon not know the creator of the Illuminati brand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Power and dominance were things sought by many different characters in this book. Which characters sought for power and who was successful?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)