|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Langdon want access to the Vatican Archives?
(a) He wants to save all the records there before the antimatter destroys them.
(b) He thinks he can call the police from there.
(c) He thinks he will find the killer there.
(d) He thinks he can figure out the location of the Cardinals.
2. What does Vittoria say to Olivetti that convinces him to continue his trek to what Langdon think is the first Altar of Science?
(a) Cries and pleads with him.
(b) Reminds him that he has no other clues.
(c) Tells him to trust in Langdon's intelligence.
(d) Explains how a person could commit murder there.
3. What does Langdon give the Camerlengo when he first enters his office?
(a) The faxed picture of Vetra's dead body.
(b) A picture of an atomic bomb mushroom cloud.
(c) A hug.
(d) A picture of the canister of anitmatter.
4. What did Vittoria and her father talk about the first time they met at the orphanage?
(a) Clouds and earth.
(b) God and Jesus.
(c) Science and religion.
(d) Rain and gravity.
5. Who helped the Hassassin to carry out his task?
(a) No one.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivetti tell the Camerlengo they should do to buy time after the phone call from the Hassassin?
2. What does Vittoria hope that antimatter will be?
3. Why does Langdon highly doubt that the Illuminati are really behind Vetra's murder?
4. Where does Langdon realize they must go to retrieve the antimatter as Kohler has a coughing fit?
5. What could 5 ng of antimatter do if put in the wrong hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much will one square yard of drag slowdown a falling human body?
2. What does Vittoria find to help her see down the hole to the first Altar of Science?
3. Why is Vittoria unable to call the authorities when she realizes the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
4. How does Vittoria get a hold of the Camerlengo when she and Langdon are detained at the Vatican?
5. Why does Langdon not know the creator of the Illuminati brand?
6. Why does Langdon feel it is unlikely that an Illuminati man really killed Vetra?
7. Where is the real location of the first Altar of Science?
8. What language is the clue to the location of the first Altar of Science written in?
9. Aside from the human lives, what else is the antimatter threatening by being housed in the Vatican?
10. What is depicted in the statue marking the first Altar of Science?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)