|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Langdon drive once he reaches the Vatican after leaving the hospital?
(a) A scooter.
(b) A moped.
(c) A golf cart.
(d) A mini car.
2. What does Dr. Jacobus say about Langdon's survival in his fall?
(a) His make-shift parachute saved him.
(b) God hand-delivered him to safety.
(c) He should have died.
(d) Science and religion both aided him in his danger.
3. What did Langdon use as a parachute when he jumped from the helicopter?
(a) The Camerlengo's robe.
(b) A tarp.
(c) His jacket.
(d) A ripped parachute.
4. What does Langdon find to help him the second time he goes to the Vatican Archives?
(a) A biography of Raphael.
(b) A book about the Pathway of Illumination.
(c) A detailed word map of Rome.
(d) A list of all Bernini's work.
5. How does the Camerlengo feel as he is taken to the room with the Cardinals after his miraculous return?
(a) Relieved and weak.
(b) Grateful and humble.
(c) Arrogant and hauty.
(d) Powerful and gifted.
6. Where does the Camerlengo go once he is in the helicopter with the antimatter canister?
(a) Over the quarries.
(b) Out to see.
(c) Straight over St. Paul's Bassilica.
(d) Up over St. Peter's Square.
7. Why does Chartrand shoot Rocher?
(a) He gets confused and fires blindly.
(b) The Camerlengo yells out that he is Illuminati.
(c) Chartrand is part of the Illuminati.
(d) Rocher tries to shoot him.
8. How is the Camerlengo killed?
(a) He leaps from the balcony to his death.
(b) The Hassassin kills him when he refuses to pay him for his work.
(c) Chartrand shoots him.
(d) He lights himself on fire.
9. Who does Cardinal Mortarti think is unbolting the chapel doors during the Conclave?
(a) The Camerlengo.
(b) The missing cardinals.
(d) The pope.
10. Where are all the Popes buried?
(a) The Vatican Tombs of God.
(b) In a vault beneath the Sistine Chapel.
(c) A cemetery in central Rome.
(d) The Holy Vatican Grottoes.
11. What do Langdon and Vittoria do as they enter St. Peter's Square?
(a) Run for where they think the clue will be.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Pretend to be tourists.
(d) Evacuate all the tourists.
12. Where does Langdon go in the first church to try and find the next Altar of Science?
(a) The rooftop.
(b) The central chapel.
(c) The archives.
(d) The entrance.
13. Why did the Camerlengo take part in this horrible plan?
(a) He wanted to be Pope.
(b) He wanted scientists to realize how hurtful they are.
(c) He wanted to avenge Vetra and his callous feelings towards the church.
(d) He wanted to renew faith in the people.
14. What were the last words that the Camerlengo said to Langdon?
(a) I'm so sorry.
(b) You are a good man.
(c) I am Janus.
(d) Long live the Illuminati.
15. What do the people see on the Basillica after the antimatter explosion?
(a) Bright flames.
(b) The Camerlengo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vittoria find at the back of the burning church?
2. Why does the Camerlengo say there was never any risk while he was dabbling with the dangerous antimatter?
3. What does Cardinal Mortarti do when they see the end of the antimatter?
4. Why do the people in St. Peter's Square cry out in jubilation after hours of silence from the Vatican?
5. What does Langdon see in a book in the archives that he thinks is a sign of the correct position of the third Altar of Science?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)