|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Raffe address the albino angel in the bathroom in Chapter 31?
2. What kind of uniform does the Tweedle brother bring to Penryn to wear in Chapter 34?
(a) A police uniform.
(b) A soldier's uniform.
(c) A servant uniform.
(d) An angel uniform.
3. Which of Paige’s friends is described as a “quadriplegic who needed a pump to keep him breathing” in Chapter 31?
4. What room number does the hotel clerk give Raffe a key for in Chapter 32?
5. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having been “born with stumpy arms and tiny, malformed hands”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Laylah tells Raffe in Chapter 32, “We’re not made to be alone. No more than” what are?
2. When Paige appears in Chapter 37, she crawls out of a pile of what?
3. The waiter that steps in as the Politician angel is about to speak to Penryn turns out to be whom in Chapter 30?
4. In Chapter 21, Penryn says, “Watching the soldiers leave is like watching the basement door close, shutting out the only light in the house and leaving me alone in the monster-filled darkness.” What literary technique is used in this sentence?
5. When Penryn and Raffe arrive by the club in Chapter 27, she wishes she could put her boots in the tiny clutch she has, but says there’s only room for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Penryn learn as she listens to Raffe and Josiah in Chapter 31?
2. What does Paige do to the angel that attacks Penryn in Chapter 39?
3. Where does the Tweedle brother take Penryn in Chapter 34?
4. How is Penryn saved from the gang of thugs that surrounds her and the Tweedle brother in Chapter 35?
5. How does Raffe explain his religious views in Chapter 33?
6. Where does Penryn encounter Paige in Chapter 37? How is Paige described?
7. What information does Raffe relate to Penryn of the Watchers and the Nephilim in Chapter 25?
8. How is the reunion of Penryn’s family described in Chapter 40?
9. How is the setting of the financial district described in Chapter 27?
10. How is the setting of the interior of the aerie described in Chapter 28? What do Penryn and Raffe do upon entering?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)