|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penryn says of the women and angels in the club in Chapter 31, “The angels seem more interested in socializing with one another than with the women. Despite their best efforts, the women are being treated like” what?
(a) "Golf caddies to rich aristocrats."
(b) "Fashion accessories to the angels' costumes."
(c) "Money used to barter for favors."
(d) "Sisters and mothers."
2. How many men appear and surround Penryn and the Tweedle brother as they are trying to get into the aerie’s parking garage in Chapter 34?
3. Laylah tells Raffe in Chapter 32, “We’re not made to be alone. No more than” what are?
4. What does Penryn use to break open the glass feeding tubes with the human victims and the creatures in them in Chapter 40?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A chair.
(c) Raffe’s sword.
(d) A filing cabinet.
5. What kind of uniform does the Tweedle brother bring to Penryn to wear in Chapter 34?
(a) A police uniform.
(b) A soldier's uniform.
(c) An angel uniform.
(d) A servant uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Penryn dreams about fighting with the woman at the camp. What comes pouring down on her and the fighting woman in the dream?
2. What does Raffe tell Penryn after kissing her in Chapter 28?
3. What color are Laylah’s eyes described as in Chapter 32?
4. When Paige appears in Chapter 37, she crawls out of a pile of what?
5. Penryn says in Chapter 33 that her mother’s belief in the devil is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Penryn first encounter the Politician in Chapter 30? How is this character described?
2. What does Paige do to the angel that attacks Penryn in Chapter 39?
3. How is the reunion of Penryn’s family described in Chapter 40?
4. Where does Raffe leave Penryn in Chapter 21? What does Penryn do?
5. Where do Penryn and Raffe go in Chapter 23? What information does Raffe relate of the attackers?
6. What gory scene do Raffe and Penryn encounter in Chapter 24? How does Penryn react?
7. How does Raffe explain his religious views in Chapter 33?
8. Who attacks Penryn in Chapter 38? How does Penryn react?
9. How is the setting of the interior of the aerie described in Chapter 28? What do Penryn and Raffe do upon entering?
10. What is Penryn’s reaction to the information she’s learned through Josiah and Raffe’s conversation in Chapter 32?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)