|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raffe describe his religious beliefs in Chapter 33?
(a) He is a devout Catholic.
(b) He is atheist.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is agnostic.
2. What kind of vehicle does Penryn spy on the roadway below her and Raffe as it weaves through the stalled cars in Chapter 25?
(a) A CAT Tractor.
(b) A Ford Taurus.
(c) A Hummer.
(d) A Jeep.
3. Laylah tells Raffe in Chapter 32, “We’re not made to be alone. No more than” what are?
4. In Chapter 21, Penryn says, “Watching the soldiers leave is like watching the basement door close, shutting out the only light in the house and leaving me alone in the monster-filled darkness.” What literary technique is used in this sentence?
5. Who is the waiter that brings Raffe’s room service in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the albino angel say Laylah’s position is in Chapter 31?
2. After changing clothes, Penryn drives through the crowd on what street as she makes her way toward the aerie in the beginning of Chapter 27?
3. Penryn says of the women and angels in the club in Chapter 31, “The angels seem more interested in socializing with one another than with the women. Despite their best efforts, the women are being treated like” what?
4. Penryn says in Chapter 24, “As we head out of the house, I wonder how my mother is doing. A part of me worries about her, a part of me is glad to be free of her, and all of me feels guilty for” what?
5. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having been “born with stumpy arms and tiny, malformed hands”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the setting of the forest described as Penryn travels through it in Chapter 22?
2. Where does the Tweedle brother take Penryn in Chapter 34?
3. How is the setting of the interior of the aerie described in Chapter 28? What do Penryn and Raffe do upon entering?
4. Describe the chaos at the camp in Chapter 21. Where do Penryn and Raffe go?
5. How is Penryn saved from the gang of thugs that surrounds her and the Tweedle brother in Chapter 35?
6. How does Penryn communicate with the Tweedle brother in Chapter 34? What does she learn from him?
7. How is the setting of the financial district described in Chapter 27?
8. Why does Raffe solicit Josiah’s help in Chapter 31? How does Josiah respond?
9. Where do Penryn and Raffe find a vehicle to drive in Chapter 26? Whom do they encounter in this setting?
10. What angel does Raffe watch in Chapter 29? What does he ask Penryn do to?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)