|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the ragged people that leer at the car while Penryn drives in Chapter 26, she says, “The way they stare, the way they hide, the way their furtive, dirty faces peer at us with burning curiosity brings to mind the hated word.” What is this word?
2. Raffe tells Penryn in Chapter 25 that a group of angels called what “were stationed on Earth to observe the humans”?
(a) The Spindles.
(b) The Toothsayers.
(c) The Troubadours.
(d) The Watchers.
3. What kind of vehicle does Penryn spy on the roadway below her and Raffe as it weaves through the stalled cars in Chapter 25?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Ford Taurus.
(c) A Hummer.
(d) A CAT Tractor.
4. How many men appear and surround Penryn and the Tweedle brother as they are trying to get into the aerie’s parking garage in Chapter 34?
5. What happened to the angels stationed on Earth that married human women and had hybrid children, according to Raffe in Chapter 25?
(a) They were condemned to the Pit until Judgment Day.
(b) They were banished to Mount Olympus.
(c) They were promoted to God’s Messengers.
(d) They were banished to live on Earth forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Paige’s friends is described as a “quadriplegic who needed a pump to keep him breathing” in Chapter 31?
2. How does Raffe describe his religious beliefs in Chapter 33?
3. What creatures does Penryn dream of attacking her and her sister in Chapter 23?
4. Penryn says in Chapter 24, “As we head out of the house, I wonder how my mother is doing. A part of me worries about her, a part of me is glad to be free of her, and all of me feels guilty for” what?
5. The angel Laylah is described by Penryn in Chapter 32 as looking like the mold for what mythological goddess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Penryn learn as she listens to Raffe and Josiah in Chapter 31?
2. How is the setting of the interior of the aerie described in Chapter 28? What do Penryn and Raffe do upon entering?
3. Where does the Tweedle brother take Penryn in Chapter 34?
4. How does Raffe explain his religious views in Chapter 33?
5. How are the hybrid creatures in the glass tubes described in Chapter 36?
6. How is Penryn saved from the gang of thugs that surrounds her and the Tweedle brother in Chapter 35?
7. Where does Penryn first encounter the Politician in Chapter 30? How is this character described?
8. Where does Penryn encounter Paige in Chapter 37? How is Paige described?
9. What angel does Raffe watch in Chapter 29? What does he ask Penryn do to?
10. Why does Raffe solicit Josiah’s help in Chapter 31? How does Josiah respond?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)