|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penryn describe as being in the foyer and a deterrent for others to enter the office building she’s hiding in with the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
(a) A cistern of acid.
(b) An erupted toilet.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A gun arsenal.
2. In Chapter 14, Penryn says of Raffe, “As the old joke goes, he doesn’t need to outrun the bear, he just needs to” what?
(a) "Get out of the way."
(b) "Run fast."
(c) "Kill the bear."
(d) "Outrun me."
3. Why is Penryn unable to find a tree to climb to escape the dogs in Chapter 14?
(a) The trees are covered in green slime.
(b) There are no low branches on the trees.
(c) There are only bushes in the forest.
(d) She is paralyzed from the waist down.
4. Penryn describes a seven-foot blow up creature by the cubicles in the office building where she hides in Chapter 6. What is the creature?
(a) A dinosaur.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) An elephant.
5. Where does Penryn put the angel’s sword when she takes him from the scene of his attack and runs off into the night in Chapter 5?
(a) On the angel's lap.
(b) In her backpack.
(c) Inside of a hole in a willow tree.
(d) The seat pocket of the wheelchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the “gang symbol” that is nailed to the front door of Penryn’s family’s condo building in Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of the man that Penryn says was their neighbor until a week ago in Chapter 5?
3. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
4. What California region does Penryn live in with her mother and sister in the beginning of the novel?
5. What road does Penryn plan to take into San Francisco in order to avoid highly populated areas as long as possible in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Obadiah West say the resistance’s objective is in attacking the angels in Chapter 17?
2. Who solicits Penryn to start a fight with Anita at the camp in Chapter 19? Why?
3. How is Paige’s injury described in Penryn’s flashback in Chapter 7? When did Paige become disabled?
4. How are the angels described in Chapter 3? What are they doing when Penryn’s family encounters them?
5. What impressions do the camp soldiers express of Raffe and Penryn in Chapter 16?
6. What information does Penryn learn about angel swords in Chapter 11?
7. What does Penryn learn about the wounded angel in Chapter 10?
8. How does Penryn go about engaging Anita in a fight in Chapter 20? How does the fight end?
9. Where does Penryn take the wounded angel in Chapter 6? How is this setting described?
10. What does Penryn find when she follows Raffe’s captors to the camp in Chapter 15?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)