|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Next to the half-eaten family, Penryn discovers a bouquet of what wild sprigs in Chapter 12?
(a) Daisies and roses.
(b) Rosemary and sage.
(c) Juniper and hyssop.
(d) Pansies and orchids.
2. What color hair is the wounded angel described as having in Chapter 6?
3. What mental disorder is Penryn’s mother said to have in Chapter 5?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Chronic depression.
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia.
4. The photographs in the CEO’s office where Penryn has put the wounded angel are described as black and white pictures of what setting in Chapter 6?
(a) Crater Lake National Park.
(b) Yellowstone National Park.
(c) Yosemite National Park.
(d) Denali National Park.
5. What is sewn into Paige’s pants “for protection against evil” in Chapter 4?
(a) An angel.
(b) A yellow sunburst.
(c) A pink cherub.
(d) A vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the “gang symbol” that is nailed to the front door of Penryn’s family’s condo building in Chapter 2?
2. How many flights of stairs does Penryn carry her sister down when they leave their condo in Chapter 1?
3. When the angel with the snowy wings rolls off the crushed car in Chapter 3, Penryn says that his athletic grace reminds her of what animal she once saw on TV?
4. Obadiah tells Raffe and Penryn that they can call him what in Chapter 16?
5. The leader of the people who have captured Penryn and Raffe in Chapter 16 “We figured someone else was carrying the matching half of the supplies. Although, frankly, I wasn't expecting a rescue attempt. And certainly not” what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raffe help Penryn escape the dogs in Chapter 14? How is Raffe captured?
2. What does Penryn do after Paige is abducted in Chapter 5? What does Paige say about the angel parts?
3. How are the dead bodies described that Penryn and Raffe encounter in Chapter 12? What other items are found nearby?
4. Who solicits Penryn to start a fight with Anita at the camp in Chapter 19? Why?
5. How are the angels described in Chapter 3? What are they doing when Penryn’s family encounters them?
6. How does Penryn go about engaging Anita in a fight in Chapter 20? How does the fight end?
7. How is Paige’s injury described in Penryn’s flashback in Chapter 7? When did Paige become disabled?
8. What impressions do the camp soldiers express of Raffe and Penryn in Chapter 16?
9. What information does Penryn learn about angel swords in Chapter 11?
10. What does Penryn find when she follows Raffe’s captors to the camp in Chapter 15?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)