|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall does Penryn say she is in Chapter 5?
2. Next to the half-eaten family, Penryn discovers a bouquet of what wild sprigs in Chapter 12?
(a) Daisies and roses.
(b) Pansies and orchids.
(c) Juniper and hyssop.
(d) Rosemary and sage.
3. What is Penryn’s last name in the novel?
4. What sound does Penryn hear that informs her the dogs have caught up with Raffe in Chapter 14?
(a) Raffe screaming for help.
(b) The sound of a shotgun.
(c) A dog yelping in pain.
(d) The sound of the dogs tearing him apart.
5. In Chapter 14, Penryn says of Raffe, “As the old joke goes, he doesn’t need to outrun the bear, he just needs to” what?
(a) "Run fast."
(b) "Outrun me."
(c) "Get out of the way."
(d) "Kill the bear."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword when she picks it up in Chapter 4?
2. What clothing is the wounded angel wearing as he sleeps on the sofa in the abandoned office building in Chapter 6?
3. Obadiah tells Raffe and Penryn that they can call him what in Chapter 16?
4. When Penryn and Raffe find the half-eaten family, Penryn suggests they get out of their surroundings: “We’re in an open field, and I feel as nervous as a field mouse looking at” what?
5. When the angel with the snowy wings rolls off the crushed car in Chapter 3, Penryn says that his athletic grace reminds her of what animal she once saw on TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impressions do the camp soldiers express of Raffe and Penryn in Chapter 16?
2. What information does Penryn learn about angel swords in Chapter 11?
3. What does Penryn do after Paige is abducted in Chapter 5? What does Paige say about the angel parts?
4. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword in Chapter 4? Why?
5. How does Penryn describe the setting of the novel in Chapter 1? What is she doing as the novel opens?
6. What does Penryn learn about the wounded angel in Chapter 10?
7. Where does Penryn take the wounded angel in Chapter 6? How is this setting described?
8. How is Paige’s injury described in Penryn’s flashback in Chapter 7? When did Paige become disabled?
9. How does Raffe help Penryn escape the dogs in Chapter 14? How is Raffe captured?
10. How are the angels described in Chapter 3? What are they doing when Penryn’s family encounters them?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)