|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penryn describe as being in the foyer and a deterrent for others to enter the office building she’s hiding in with the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
(a) An erupted toilet.
(b) A gun arsenal.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A cistern of acid.
2. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
(a) Sarah Anderson.
(b) Anna Smith.
(c) Chrissy Ross.
(d) Misty Johnson.
3. The angel’s sword that Penryn spies by the car where she hides in Chapter 3 is described as having a blade that is how long?
(a) 3 feet long.
(b) 1 foot long.
(c) 2 feet long.
(d) 4 feet long.
4. How old is Penryn in the novel?
5. What is the name of the man who suggests Penryn and Raffe pitch in to help at the camp in Chapter 18?
(a) Peter Smith.
(b) Jacob Richmond.
(c) Jim Boden.
(d) Andrew Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Penryn describes the blood seeping through the angel’s bandages as appearing like what kind of patterns on his back?
2. Where does Penryn put the angel’s sword when she takes him from the scene of his attack and runs off into the night in Chapter 5?
3. What is the only food that Penryn and Raffe are able to find in the house before leaving in Chapter 11?
4. Who explains that most of the dogs at the camp are former pets in Chapter 18?
5. The leader of the people who have captured Penryn and Raffe in Chapter 16 “We figured someone else was carrying the matching half of the supplies. Although, frankly, I wasn't expecting a rescue attempt. And certainly not” what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the dead bodies described that Penryn and Raffe encounter in Chapter 12? What other items are found nearby?
2. How does Obadiah explain the reaction of the soldiers during Penryn’s fight with Boden in Chapter 19?
3. How is the outdoor setting described in Chapter 2? What objects fall from the sky in this chapter?
4. What impressions do the camp soldiers express of Raffe and Penryn in Chapter 16?
5. What does Penryn learn about the wounded angel in Chapter 10?
6. How are the angels described in Chapter 3? What are they doing when Penryn’s family encounters them?
7. What conversation takes place between Penryn and the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
8. How does the angel attack Penryn in Chapter 8? How does Penryn respond?
9. What information does Penryn learn about angel swords in Chapter 11?
10. How does Penryn describe the setting of the novel in Chapter 1? What is she doing as the novel opens?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)