|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penryn says in Chapter 2 that her sister Paige has been a vegetarian since what age?
2. When Raffe is captured in Chapter 14, Penryn thinks to herself, “Forget plans. I don’t have enough information to formulate a plan.” What instead does she say “will have to do”?
(a) "My mind."
(b) "My instincts."
3. Where does Penryn hide her pack and the angel wings as she watches the men take Raffe into the camp in Chapter 15?
(a) By a rock in the river.
(b) Under a rug.
(c) In the top branches of a tree.
(d) In a tree hollow.
4. What item that reminds Penryn of her mother is found next to the half-devoured family in Chapter 12?
(a) A rotten egg.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A single rose.
(d) A silver dagger.
5. In Chapter 16, Penryn narrates, “I've been casually trying to collect information on the angels just in case it might come in handy. The hope of an organized resistance, though, went up in smoke along with” what cities?
(a) "Las Vegas and New York."
(b) "San Francisco and Miami."
(c) "Paris and Rome."
(d) "New York and Washington, D.C."
Short Answer Questions
1. What California region does Penryn live in with her mother and sister in the beginning of the novel?
2. The leader of the people who have captured Penryn and Raffe in Chapter 16 “We figured someone else was carrying the matching half of the supplies. Although, frankly, I wasn't expecting a rescue attempt. And certainly not” what?
3. Where does Penryn describe seeing television footage of angels “plucking a military helicopter out of the sky and tossing it into” the crowd in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Penryn put the angel’s sword when she takes him from the scene of his attack and runs off into the night in Chapter 5?
5. What mental disorder is Penryn’s mother said to have in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Penryn do with the wounded angel at the end of Chapter 5? Why?
2. What conversation takes place between Penryn and the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
3. What does Penryn learn about the wounded angel in Chapter 10?
4. How is the outdoor setting described in Chapter 2? What objects fall from the sky in this chapter?
5. What information does Penryn learn about angel swords in Chapter 11?
6. How is Paige’s injury described in Penryn’s flashback in Chapter 7? When did Paige become disabled?
7. Where do Raffe and Penryn travel in Chapter 13? How is the setting described?
8. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword in Chapter 4? Why?
9. How does Penryn go about engaging Anita in a fight in Chapter 20? How does the fight end?
10. How are the dead bodies described that Penryn and Raffe encounter in Chapter 12? What other items are found nearby?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)