|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having been “born with stumpy arms and tiny, malformed hands”?
2. What color are Laylah’s eyes described as in Chapter 32?
(a) Scarlet red.
(b) Emerald green.
(c) Midnight blue.
(d) Cornflower flue.
3. Penryn says in Chapter 25 that what highway is a main artery into San Francisco, and the location where Penryn first hears a working truck in the novel?
(a) Highway 78.
(b) Highway 66.
(c) Highway 45.
(d) Highway 280.
4. What color are Raffe’s eyes described as in Chapter 24?
(a) Light brown.
(b) Dark blue.
(c) Dark green.
(d) Bright red.
5. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having “wobbled when he walked and had to contort his face painfully to form coherent words which often let out an embarrassing amount of drool”?
6. At the end of Chapter 25, Penryn narrates of her lack of success in gathering information from Raffe, “So much for my information mining. I guess I'll never be a spymaster like” who?
(a) “Raffe and the other angels.”
(b) “Serafina and Paulina.”
(c) “Tweedledee and Tweedledum.”
(d) “Uriel and Beliel.”
7. How does Raffe describe his religious beliefs in Chapter 33?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is atheist.
(c) He is a devout Catholic.
(d) He is agnostic.
8. Penryn says of the women and angels in the club in Chapter 31, “The angels seem more interested in socializing with one another than with the women. Despite their best efforts, the women are being treated like” what?
(a) "Golf caddies to rich aristocrats."
(b) "Sisters and mothers."
(c) "Money used to barter for favors."
(d) "Fashion accessories to the angels' costumes."
9. When Paige appears in Chapter 37, she crawls out of a pile of what?
(a) Horse manure.
(c) Hay straw.
(d) Dead bodies.
10. Raffe tells Penryn in Chapter 25 that a group of angels called what “were stationed on Earth to observe the humans”?
(a) The Troubadours.
(b) The Watchers.
(c) The Spindles.
(d) The Toothsayers.
11. In Chapter 26, Penryn describes the “end of the world when a box of crackers is worth more than” what?
(a) "A Mercedes."
(b) "A Cadillac."
(c) "A mansion."
(d) "A BMW."
12. Laylah tells Raffe in Chapter 32, “We’re not made to be alone. No more than” what are?
13. What angel does the albino tell Raffe they would all agree on for the position of Messenger, but he refuses it because he likes being the general in Chapter 31?
14. What are the crowds by the gates doing as women are admitted or turned away by the entrance guards in Chapter 27?
(a) Taking photographs.
(b) Cat-calling to the women.
(c) Booing and hissing.
(d) Placing bets on who’s let in.
15. Who does the albino angel say wants the position of messenger “so badly he's practically combing our feathers with his own hands to get the supermajority support he needs” in Chapter 31?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pants does Raffe change into in Chapter 24?
2. What weapon does one of the men threaten to attack Penryn and the Tweedle brother with before Penryn’s mom arrives and intervenes in Chapter 35?
3. How many men appear and surround Penryn and the Tweedle brother as they are trying to get into the aerie’s parking garage in Chapter 34?
4. What drink does Penryn take from the waiter who steps between her and the Politician angel in Chapter 30?
5. What has Penryn ordered from room service when one of the Tweedle brothers finally brings it in Chapter 34?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)