|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angel does the albino tell Raffe they would all agree on for the position of Messenger, but he refuses it because he likes being the general in Chapter 31?
2. About how old do the girls appear to be that Raffe and Penryn encounter hanging from the tree in Chapter 24?
(a) 12 and 14.
(b) 7 and 9.
(c) 3 and 6.
(d) 2 and 4.
3. Penryn says in Chapter 22 that her former neighbor used to keep what displayed on his mantel?
(a) A skeleton of a hamster.
(b) A deer hoof.
(c) A skull from a baboon.
(d) A set of piranha teeth.
4. The waiter that steps in as the Politician angel is about to speak to Penryn turns out to be whom in Chapter 30?
5. What area of San Francisco does Raffe tell Penryn to drive to in Chapter 26?
(a) The museum district.
(c) The financial district.
(d) Buena Vista.
6. What drink does Penryn take from the waiter who steps between her and the Politician angel in Chapter 30?
(a) A cosmopolitan.
(b) Red wine.
(d) A martini.
7. What is the main course in the room service that Raffe’s ordered while Penryn was showering in Chapter 32?
(a) Filet mignon.
(b) Boneless short ribs.
(c) Texas beef brisket.
(d) Roasted duck.
8. What color are Laylah’s eyes described as in Chapter 32?
(a) Cornflower flue.
(b) Midnight blue.
(c) Emerald green.
(d) Scarlet red.
9. Who was the Messenger angel that was killed in the novel?
10. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having “wobbled when he walked and had to contort his face painfully to form coherent words which often let out an embarrassing amount of drool”?
11. What are the crowds by the gates doing as women are admitted or turned away by the entrance guards in Chapter 27?
(a) Taking photographs.
(b) Cat-calling to the women.
(c) Placing bets on who’s let in.
(d) Booing and hissing.
12. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having been “born with stumpy arms and tiny, malformed hands”?
13. When Raffe leaves for his surgery in Chapter 33, he tells Penryn that if he’s not back by dawn to find whom to help her get out of the aerie?
14. What does Penryn use to break open the glass feeding tubes with the human victims and the creatures in them in Chapter 40?
(a) A filing cabinet.
(b) A wine bottle.
(c) Raffe’s sword.
(d) A chair.
15. What color are Raffe’s eyes described as in Chapter 24?
(a) Light brown.
(b) Bright red.
(c) Dark blue.
(d) Dark green.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men appear and surround Penryn and the Tweedle brother as they are trying to get into the aerie’s parking garage in Chapter 34?
2. What has Penryn ordered from room service when one of the Tweedle brothers finally brings it in Chapter 34?
3. What kind of uniform does the Tweedle brother bring to Penryn to wear in Chapter 34?
4. What word from Chapter 25 is a military term for exploring beyond the area occupied by friendly forces to gain vital information about enemy forces or features of the environment for later analysis and/or dissemination?
5. What does Penryn grab from a table and hurl at the angel in the science lab, cutting him on the neck, in Chapter 38?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)