|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Penryn spy on the roadway below her and Raffe as it weaves through the stalled cars in Chapter 25?
(a) A CAT Tractor.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Ford Taurus.
2. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having “wobbled when he walked and had to contort his face painfully to form coherent words which often let out an embarrassing amount of drool”?
3. What weapon does one of the men threaten to attack Penryn and the Tweedle brother with before Penryn’s mom arrives and intervenes in Chapter 35?
(a) Nun chucks.
(b) A sword.
(c) A heavy chain.
(d) A machete.
4. Raffe tells Penryn in Chapter 25 that a group of angels called what “were stationed on Earth to observe the humans”?
(a) The Troubadours.
(b) The Watchers.
(c) The Toothsayers.
(d) The Spindles.
5. At the end of Chapter 25, Penryn narrates of her lack of success in gathering information from Raffe, “So much for my information mining. I guess I'll never be a spymaster like” who?
(a) “Serafina and Paulina.”
(b) “Tweedledee and Tweedledum.”
(c) “Uriel and Beliel.”
(d) “Raffe and the other angels.”
6. Penryn says in Chapter 25 that what highway is a main artery into San Francisco, and the location where Penryn first hears a working truck in the novel?
(a) Highway 78.
(b) Highway 280.
(c) Highway 66.
(d) Highway 45.
7. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having been “born with stumpy arms and tiny, malformed hands”?
8. As Penryn changes clothes in the SUV and looks out at the people around the car, she notes, “Funny I still think of men like that as homeless even though none of us have homes anymore. They were probably South of Market hipsters back in the day. The day being” when?
(a) “Only six months ago.”
(b) “Only five days ago.”
(c) "Only two years ago."
(d) "Only a couple of months ago."
9. In Chapter 26, Penryn describes the “end of the world when a box of crackers is worth more than” what?
(a) "A Cadillac."
(b) "A Mercedes."
(c) "A mansion."
(d) "A BMW."
10. What angel does the albino tell Raffe they would all agree on for the position of Messenger, but he refuses it because he likes being the general in Chapter 31?
11. Who walks into the door with another angel just as explosions rock the ground in Chapter 39?
12. What has Penryn ordered from room service when one of the Tweedle brothers finally brings it in Chapter 34?
(c) A rack of lamb.
(d) A baked potato.
13. What is described as having been grafted onto Paige’s teeth in Chapter 39?
(b) Box cutters.
14. What room number does the hotel clerk give Raffe a key for in Chapter 32?
15. When Penryn notices that the soldiers have their rifles aimed at about the height of their waists, she questions whether what animal might have killed the other soldiers in Chapter 21?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A rabid fox.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Paige’s friends is described as a “quadriplegic who needed a pump to keep him breathing” in Chapter 31?
2. When Raffe leaves for his surgery in Chapter 33, he tells Penryn that if he’s not back by dawn to find whom to help her get out of the aerie?
3. By what name does Raffe address the albino angel in the bathroom in Chapter 31?
4. What does Penryn use to break open the glass feeding tubes with the human victims and the creatures in them in Chapter 40?
5. How does Raffe describe his religious beliefs in Chapter 33?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)