|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raffe describe his religious beliefs in Chapter 33?
(a) He is atheist.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is agnostic.
(d) He is a devout Catholic.
2. What does Penryn use to break open the glass feeding tubes with the human victims and the creatures in them in Chapter 40?
(a) A chair.
(b) Raffe’s sword.
(c) A wine bottle.
(d) A filing cabinet.
3. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having been “born with stumpy arms and tiny, malformed hands”?
4. Who walks into the door with another angel just as explosions rock the ground in Chapter 39?
5. Penryn says in Chapter 24, “As we head out of the house, I wonder how my mother is doing. A part of me worries about her, a part of me is glad to be free of her, and all of me feels guilty for” what?
(a) "Sending her to the hospital."
(b) "Abandoning her."
(c) "Letting go of her."
(d) "Not taking better care of her."
6. When Raffe leaves for his surgery in Chapter 33, he tells Penryn that if he’s not back by dawn to find whom to help her get out of the aerie?
7. What second item does Penryn order from the Tweedle brother in order to have him return to the hotel room in Chapter 34?
(a) A plate of spaghetti.
(b) A bag of potato chips.
(c) A slice of pie.
(d) A chocolate bar.
8. Laylah tells Raffe in Chapter 32, “We’re not made to be alone. No more than” what are?
9. What kind of music is said to be filling the room when Penryn walks through the brass doors in the opening of Chapter 29?
(a) Guitar rock.
10. When Penryn and Raffe arrive by the club in Chapter 27, she wishes she could put her boots in the tiny clutch she has, but says there’s only room for what?
(a) A flashlight and pocketknife.
(b) Brass knuckles and a knife.
(c) Lipstick and mascara.
(d) A revolver.
11. What drink does Penryn take from the waiter who steps between her and the Politician angel in Chapter 30?
(a) Red wine.
(b) A martini.
(d) A cosmopolitan.
12. What is described as having been grafted onto Paige’s teeth in Chapter 39?
(a) Box cutters.
13. In Chapter 25, Raffe tells Penryn that a group of angels were stationed on Earth to observe humans. Some of these angels got lonely and took human wives. What were the hybrid children called?
14. What color eyes does Penryn describe the white-suited angel whom she’s trying to get to the bathroom as having in Chapter 31?
15. Of whom does Penryn say in Chapter 32 that if he had seen the vision of the angels flying in the circular corridor “with the sun streaming down from the glass dome, he'd have fallen to his knees and painted 'til he was blind”?
(c) Leonardo da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the angels stationed on Earth that married human women and had hybrid children, according to Raffe in Chapter 25?
2. What has the man arrived to deliver when he’s being berated by the angel scientist in Chapter 36?
3. Penryn says in Chapter 33 that her mother’s belief in the devil is what?
4. What does Raffe say in Chapter 25 “are forbidden to Angels”?
5. What angel does the albino tell Raffe they would all agree on for the position of Messenger, but he refuses it because he likes being the general in Chapter 31?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)