|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penryn says in Chapter 24, “As we head out of the house, I wonder how my mother is doing. A part of me worries about her, a part of me is glad to be free of her, and all of me feels guilty for” what?
(a) "Letting go of her."
(b) "Abandoning her."
(c) "Sending her to the hospital."
(d) "Not taking better care of her."
2. Who does the albino angel say wants the position of messenger “so badly he's practically combing our feathers with his own hands to get the supermajority support he needs” in Chapter 31?
3. What does Penryn grab from a table and hurl at the angel in the science lab, cutting him on the neck, in Chapter 38?
(a) A scappel.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) An angel sword.
4. When Penryn and Raffe arrive by the club in Chapter 27, she wishes she could put her boots in the tiny clutch she has, but says there’s only room for what?
(a) A flashlight and pocketknife.
(b) A revolver.
(c) Lipstick and mascara.
(d) Brass knuckles and a knife.
5. Approximately how many room service attendants does the woman tell Penryn there are at the hotel in Chapter 34?
6. When Paige appears in Chapter 37, she crawls out of a pile of what?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Horse manure.
(c) Hay straw.
7. About how old do the girls appear to be that Raffe and Penryn encounter hanging from the tree in Chapter 24?
(a) 12 and 14.
(b) 2 and 4.
(c) 7 and 9.
(d) 3 and 6.
8. What weapon does Penryn bring with her when she leaves the hotel room with the Tweedle brother in Chapter 34?
(a) Raffe’s sword.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A straight razor.
(d) Brass knuckles.
9. What has Penryn ordered from room service when one of the Tweedle brothers finally brings it in Chapter 34?
(b) A baked potato.
(d) A rack of lamb.
10. What angel does the albino tell Raffe they would all agree on for the position of Messenger, but he refuses it because he likes being the general in Chapter 31?
11. When did the Great Earthquake hit San Francisco and cause massive devastation from the fires that broke out as a result?
12. In Chapter 23, Penryn dreams about fighting with the woman at the camp. What comes pouring down on her and the fighting woman in the dream?
13. What kind of vehicle does Penryn spy on the roadway below her and Raffe as it weaves through the stalled cars in Chapter 25?
(a) A Hummer.
(b) A CAT Tractor.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Ford Taurus.
14. What is the main course in the room service that Raffe’s ordered while Penryn was showering in Chapter 32?
(a) Filet mignon.
(b) Texas beef brisket.
(c) Boneless short ribs.
(d) Roasted duck.
15. At the end of Chapter 25, Penryn narrates of her lack of success in gathering information from Raffe, “So much for my information mining. I guess I'll never be a spymaster like” who?
(a) “Raffe and the other angels.”
(b) “Uriel and Beliel.”
(c) “Serafina and Paulina.”
(d) “Tweedledee and Tweedledum.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having “wobbled when he walked and had to contort his face painfully to form coherent words which often let out an embarrassing amount of drool”?
2. What kind of pants does Raffe change into in Chapter 24?
3. Penryn says in Chapter 22 that her former neighbor used to keep what displayed on his mantel?
4. What area of San Francisco does Raffe tell Penryn to drive to in Chapter 26?
5. Penryn says in Chapter 33 that her mother’s belief in the devil is what?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)