|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Paige’s wheelchair, forcing Penryn to leave it behind in Chapter 13?
(a) It falls into the river.
(b) It is torched by the angel.
(c) It becomes tangled in the trees.
(d) It becomes stuck in the mud.
2. What duty at the camp is Penryn given in Chapter 18?
(a) Latrine duty.
(b) Babysitting duty.
(c) Cooking duty.
(d) Laundry duty.
3. What road does Penryn plan to take into San Francisco in order to avoid highly populated areas as long as possible in Chapter 13?
(a) Paige Mill.
(b) Willow Street.
(c) Sunset Boulevard.
(d) Skyline Boulevard.
4. The main artery of town in Chapter 2 is described as “El Camino Real” which is translated into English as what, according to Penryn’s Spanish teacher?
(a) "The Faithful Road."
(b) "The Royal Path."
(c) "The Hero’s Path."
(d) "The Angel’s Path."
5. What is the name of the man who suggests Penryn and Raffe pitch in to help at the camp in Chapter 18?
(a) Jacob Richmond.
(b) Andrew Taylor.
(c) Peter Smith.
(d) Jim Boden.
6. The angel’s sword that Penryn spies by the car where she hides in Chapter 3 is described as having a blade that is how long?
(a) 1 foot long.
(b) 4 feet long.
(c) 3 feet long.
(d) 2 feet long.
7. What mental disorder is Penryn’s mother said to have in Chapter 5?
(a) Chronic depression.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia.
8. Obadiah tells Raffe and Penryn that they can call him what in Chapter 16?
(b) Mr. Smith.
9. Penryn says that her father has a master’s degree in what subject in Chapter 10?
(a) Musical composition.
10. What name does Penryn call the angel that cuts off the snowy-winged angel’s wings in Chapter 3?
(a) Night Giant.
(c) The Politician.
11. Penryn tells her mother when they leave the condo in Chapter 1 to keep running down El Camino until she reaches what street?
(a) Winter St.
(b) Sacramento Blvd.
(c) Page Mill.
(d) Jefferson Ave.
12. The building in the center of the compound where the men take Raffe in Chapter 15 is described as being large enough to house about how many people?
13. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
(a) Sarah Anderson.
(b) Anna Smith.
(c) Misty Johnson.
(d) Chrissy Ross.
14. What kind of knives is Penryn hiding in her boots and her sister’s wheelchair pockets in Chapter 1?
(b) Meat cleavers.
(c) Steak knives.
(d) Butterfly knives.
15. Penryn says in Chapter 2 that her sister Paige has been a vegetarian since what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Penryn says that she found her lock picking set in the bedroom of what in Chapter 15?
2. What does Penryn describe as being in the foyer and a deterrent for others to enter the office building she’s hiding in with the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
3. What is sewn into Paige’s pants “for protection against evil” in Chapter 4?
4. Tweedledee and Tweedledum solicit Penryn to engage in a fight with what woman at the camp in Chapter 19?
5. When the angel with the snowy wings rolls off the crushed car in Chapter 3, Penryn says that his athletic grace reminds her of what animal she once saw on TV?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)