|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Penryn and Raffe find the half-eaten family, Penryn suggests they get out of their surroundings: “We’re in an open field, and I feel as nervous as a field mouse looking at” what?
(a) "A cat’s mouth."
(b) "A sky full of eagles."
(c) "The mouth of a lion."
(d) "A sky full of hawks."
2. What is Penryn’s last name in the novel?
3. Penryn tells her mother when they leave the condo in Chapter 1 to keep running down El Camino until she reaches what street?
(a) Winter St.
(b) Page Mill.
(c) Jefferson Ave.
(d) Sacramento Blvd.
4. What is Obadiah’s last name in the novel?
5. How old is Penryn in the novel?
6. How does Penryn become untied in Chapter 17?
(a) Raffe unties her.
(b) Obadiah unties her.
(c) She cuts the rope with the angel sword.
(d) She cuts the rope with her fingernails.
7. What item that reminds Penryn of her mother is found next to the half-devoured family in Chapter 12?
(a) A silver dagger.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A rotten egg.
(d) A single rose.
8. How many flights of stairs does Penryn carry her sister down when they leave their condo in Chapter 1?
9. How old is Penryn’s sister Paige?
10. What is the name of the man that Penryn says was their neighbor until a week ago in Chapter 5?
11. What clothing is the wounded angel wearing as he sleeps on the sofa in the abandoned office building in Chapter 6?
(a) Boots and pants.
(b) A winter coat and stockings.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
12. When the angel with the snowy wings rolls off the crushed car in Chapter 3, Penryn says that his athletic grace reminds her of what animal she once saw on TV?
(a) A puma.
(b) A gizelle.
(c) A snake.
(d) A tiger.
13. Tweedledee and Tweedledum solicit Penryn to engage in a fight with what woman at the camp in Chapter 19?
14. As Penryn inwardly negotiates her options in Chapter 17, she realizes that if Raffe “tells the other angels and they kill off the movement, I'll be the” what “of my kind”?
(b) "Benedict Arnold."
15. What is the only food that Penryn and Raffe are able to find in the house before leaving in Chapter 11?
(a) Dog food.
(b) Cat food.
(c) Hamster food.
(d) Rabbit food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair is the wounded angel described as having in Chapter 6?
2. What angel does Penryn describe seeing gunned down from “the pile of rubble that was Jerusalem” on television in Chapter 2?
3. Penryn describes a seven-foot blow up creature by the cubicles in the office building where she hides in Chapter 6. What is the creature?
4. Obadiah tells Raffe and Penryn that they can call him what in Chapter 16?
5. About how old is the girl in the first family that Penryn and Raffe find lying in a pool of blood as they walk near the freeway in the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)