|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Penryn describe seeing television footage of angels “plucking a military helicopter out of the sky and tossing it into” the crowd in Chapter 2?
2. When Raffe says in Chapter 13, “I never kid about my demigod status,” Penryn responds by telling him, “You are nothing but” what?
(a) "A monster in a cape."
(b) "A bird with an attitude."
(c) "A demon in a clown suit."
(d) "A traveling curiosity."
3. About how old is the girl in the first family that Penryn and Raffe find lying in a pool of blood as they walk near the freeway in the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What name does Penryn call the angel that cuts off the snowy-winged angel’s wings in Chapter 3?
(a) Night Giant.
(d) The Politician.
5. Where does Penryn put the angel’s sword when she takes him from the scene of his attack and runs off into the night in Chapter 5?
(a) On the angel's lap.
(b) The seat pocket of the wheelchair.
(c) In her backpack.
(d) Inside of a hole in a willow tree.
6. What does Penryn say in Chapter 11 is “a pointless and sometimes dangerous exercise”?
(a) "Asking questions."
(b) "Challenging weirdness."
(c) "Going to church."
7. What item that reminds Penryn of her mother is found next to the half-devoured family in Chapter 12?
(a) A single rose.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A rotten egg.
(d) A silver dagger.
8. What color is Penryn’s hair described as in Chapter 15?
(b) Light brown.
(c) Dark brown.
9. What kind of knives is Penryn hiding in her boots and her sister’s wheelchair pockets in Chapter 1?
(b) Steak knives.
(c) Meat cleavers.
(d) Butterfly knives.
10. In Chapter 16, Penryn narrates, “I've been casually trying to collect information on the angels just in case it might come in handy. The hope of an organized resistance, though, went up in smoke along with” what cities?
(a) "New York and Washington, D.C."
(b) "Las Vegas and New York."
(c) "San Francisco and Miami."
(d) "Paris and Rome."
11. The photographs in the CEO’s office where Penryn has put the wounded angel are described as black and white pictures of what setting in Chapter 6?
(a) Yellowstone National Park.
(b) Crater Lake National Park.
(c) Denali National Park.
(d) Yosemite National Park.
12. How many men follow in pursuit of the dogs after Raffe has put Penryn in the tree and disappeared down the hill in Chapter 14?
13. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
(a) Anna Smith.
(b) Misty Johnson.
(c) Chrissy Ross.
(d) Sarah Anderson.
14. Raffe tells Penryn in Chapter 11, “If you’re ever going to kill an angel” to do it how?
(a) "Behead him."
(b) "Stab him in the heart with a dagger."
(c) "Slice him up with an angel sword."
(d) "Shoot him with a silver bullet."
15. How does Penryn become untied in Chapter 17?
(a) Obadiah unties her.
(b) Raffe unties her.
(c) She cuts the rope with her fingernails.
(d) She cuts the rope with the angel sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. The leader of the people who have captured Penryn and Raffe in Chapter 16 “We figured someone else was carrying the matching half of the supplies. Although, frankly, I wasn't expecting a rescue attempt. And certainly not” what?
2. Obadiah tells Raffe and Penryn that they can call him what in Chapter 16?
3. What happens to Paige’s wheelchair, forcing Penryn to leave it behind in Chapter 13?
4. When Penryn is captured in Chapter 16, she notes that “Raffe makes a low sound in his throat that reminds me of” what?
5. What is Penryn’s last name in the novel?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)