|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Paige’s wheelchair, forcing Penryn to leave it behind in Chapter 13?
(a) It is torched by the angel.
(b) It becomes tangled in the trees.
(c) It falls into the river.
(d) It becomes stuck in the mud.
2. What color is Penryn’s hair described as in Chapter 15?
(b) Dark brown.
(c) Light brown.
3. How old does Penryn say Paige was when she became crippled in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Penryn hide her pack and the angel wings as she watches the men take Raffe into the camp in Chapter 15?
(a) By a rock in the river.
(b) In a tree hollow.
(c) In the top branches of a tree.
(d) Under a rug.
5. What does Penryn say her mother has stuffed in every pocket of her sweater and jacket as well as in her cart in Chapter 1?
(a) Tea spoons.
(b) Rotten eggs.
(d) Butter knives.
6. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword when she picks it up in Chapter 4?
(a) She throws it to her mother.
(b) She throws it to the angel that’s being attacked.
(c) She uses it to stab the attacking angel.
(d) She throws it to her sister, Paige.
7. Raffe says in Chapter 16 that Obadiah in the Bible was said to have done what?
(a) "Hid the prophets from prosecution."
(b) "Nailed Jesus to the cross."
(c) "Parted the Red Sea."
(d) "Followed and persecuted Judas for his betrayal."
8. What does Penryn describe as being in the foyer and a deterrent for others to enter the office building she’s hiding in with the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
(a) An erupted toilet.
(b) A gun arsenal.
(c) A cistern of acid.
(d) A dead body.
9. When Raffe says in Chapter 13, “I never kid about my demigod status,” Penryn responds by telling him, “You are nothing but” what?
(a) "A bird with an attitude."
(b) "A demon in a clown suit."
(c) "A monster in a cape."
(d) "A traveling curiosity."
10. What duty at the camp is Penryn given in Chapter 18?
(a) Latrine duty.
(b) Cooking duty.
(c) Laundry duty.
(d) Babysitting duty.
11. What is the only food that Penryn and Raffe are able to find in the house before leaving in Chapter 11?
(a) Cat food.
(b) Rabbit food.
(c) Dog food.
(d) Hamster food.
12. When Raffe is captured in Chapter 14, Penryn thinks to herself, “Forget plans. I don’t have enough information to formulate a plan.” What instead does she say “will have to do”?
(b) "My instincts."
(c) "My mind."
13. What mental disorder is Penryn’s mother said to have in Chapter 5?
(b) Chronic depression.
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
14. What sound does Penryn hear that informs her the dogs have caught up with Raffe in Chapter 14?
(a) A dog yelping in pain.
(b) The sound of a shotgun.
(c) The sound of the dogs tearing him apart.
(d) Raffe screaming for help.
15. How old is Penryn in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Penryn says of Raffe, “As the old joke goes, he doesn’t need to outrun the bear, he just needs to” what?
2. What is the name of the man who suggests Penryn and Raffe pitch in to help at the camp in Chapter 18?
3. Penryn says in Chapter 10, “Giving him a name makes it sound like we’re somehow on the same side, which we can never be. It’s like acknowledging that we could become friends. But that’s not possible. It’s pointless to make friends with” what?
4. What is Obadiah’s last name in the novel?
5. What clothing is the wounded angel wearing as he sleeps on the sofa in the abandoned office building in Chapter 6?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)