|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword when she picks it up in Chapter 4?
(a) She throws it to her mother.
(b) She throws it to her sister, Paige.
(c) She throws it to the angel that’s being attacked.
(d) She uses it to stab the attacking angel.
2. What does Obi tell Penryn and Raffe his men intend to do with the cannibals once they catch them in Chapter 16?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Study them.
(c) Investigate what makes them cannibals.
(d) Use them against the angels.
3. About how old is the girl in the first family that Penryn and Raffe find lying in a pool of blood as they walk near the freeway in the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. As Penryn changes clothes in the SUV and looks out at the people around the car, she notes, “Funny I still think of men like that as homeless even though none of us have homes anymore. They were probably South of Market hipsters back in the day. The day being” when?
(a) "Only two years ago."
(b) “Only five days ago.”
(c) “Only six months ago.”
(d) "Only a couple of months ago."
5. Raffe says in Chapter 16 that Obadiah in the Bible was said to have done what?
(a) "Parted the Red Sea."
(b) "Hid the prophets from prosecution."
(c) "Followed and persecuted Judas for his betrayal."
(d) "Nailed Jesus to the cross."
Short Answer Questions
1. Next to the half-eaten family, Penryn discovers a bouquet of what wild sprigs in Chapter 12?
2. When Penryn and Raffe find the half-eaten family, Penryn suggests they get out of their surroundings: “We’re in an open field, and I feel as nervous as a field mouse looking at” what?
3. Raffe tells Penryn in Chapter 25 that a group of angels called what “were stationed on Earth to observe the humans”?
4. What are the men wearing that follow the dogs in Chapter 14?
5. Penryn tells her mother when they leave the condo in Chapter 1 to keep running down El Camino until she reaches what street?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)