|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Penryn changes clothes in the SUV and looks out at the people around the car, she notes, “Funny I still think of men like that as homeless even though none of us have homes anymore. They were probably South of Market hipsters back in the day. The day being” when?
(a) "Only a couple of months ago."
(b) “Only six months ago.”
(c) “Only five days ago.”
(d) "Only two years ago."
2. Raffe says in Chapter 16 that Obadiah in the Bible was said to have done what?
(a) "Hid the prophets from prosecution."
(b) "Followed and persecuted Judas for his betrayal."
(c) "Parted the Red Sea."
(d) "Nailed Jesus to the cross."
3. What kind of vehicle does Penryn spy on the roadway below her and Raffe as it weaves through the stalled cars in Chapter 25?
(a) A CAT Tractor.
(b) A Ford Taurus.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Hummer.
4. When Penryn and Raffe find the half-eaten family, Penryn suggests they get out of their surroundings: “We’re in an open field, and I feel as nervous as a field mouse looking at” what?
(a) "A sky full of hawks."
(b) "The mouth of a lion."
(c) "A cat’s mouth."
(d) "A sky full of eagles."
5. What is Obadiah’s last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penryn say in Chapter 11 is “a pointless and sometimes dangerous exercise”?
2. When Raffe is captured in Chapter 14, Penryn thinks to herself, “Forget plans. I don’t have enough information to formulate a plan.” What instead does she say “will have to do”?
3. How do Penryn and the Tweedle brother communicate in Chapter 34?
4. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having been “born with stumpy arms and tiny, malformed hands”?
5. How many men appear and surround Penryn and the Tweedle brother as they are trying to get into the aerie’s parking garage in Chapter 34?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)