|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The angel’s sword that Penryn spies by the car where she hides in Chapter 3 is described as having a blade that is how long?
(a) 1 foot long.
(b) 2 feet long.
(c) 3 feet long.
(d) 4 feet long.
2. How old is Penryn in the novel?
3. When Raffe says in Chapter 13, “I never kid about my demigod status,” Penryn responds by telling him, “You are nothing but” what?
(a) "A demon in a clown suit."
(b) "A traveling curiosity."
(c) "A monster in a cape."
(d) "A bird with an attitude."
4. Penryn describes a seven-foot blow up creature by the cubicles in the office building where she hides in Chapter 6. What is the creature?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) An elephant.
5. Penryn says that after Paige became paralyzed, her mother enrolled her in self-defense classes at a martial arts studio. Penryn’s mother prepaid for Penryn’s lessons in cash for how many years worth of training?
Short Answer Questions
1. What California region does Penryn live in with her mother and sister in the beginning of the novel?
2. Next to the half-eaten family, Penryn discovers a bouquet of what wild sprigs in Chapter 12?
3. The leader of the people who have captured Penryn and Raffe in Chapter 16 “We figured someone else was carrying the matching half of the supplies. Although, frankly, I wasn't expecting a rescue attempt. And certainly not” what?
4. What does Penryn say her mother has stuffed in every pocket of her sweater and jacket as well as in her cart in Chapter 1?
5. What kind of knives is Penryn hiding in her boots and her sister’s wheelchair pockets in Chapter 1?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)