|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mental disorder is Penryn’s mother said to have in Chapter 5?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Chronic depression.
(d) Paranoid schizophrenia.
2. What name does Penryn call the angel that cuts off the snowy-winged angel’s wings in Chapter 3?
(b) Night Giant.
(d) The Politician.
3. What angel does Penryn describe seeing gunned down from “the pile of rubble that was Jerusalem” on television in Chapter 2?
4. How old is Penryn’s sister Paige?
5. In Chapter 9, Penryn describes the blood seeping through the angel’s bandages as appearing like what kind of patterns on his back?
(a) Hillerman patterns.
(b) Perennial patterns.
(c) Rorschach patterns.
(d) Zygote patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of knives is Penryn hiding in her boots and her sister’s wheelchair pockets in Chapter 1?
2. What is sewn into Paige’s pants “for protection against evil” in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Penryn put the angel’s sword when she takes him from the scene of his attack and runs off into the night in Chapter 5?
4. What California region does Penryn live in with her mother and sister in the beginning of the novel?
5. The main artery of town in Chapter 2 is described as “El Camino Real” which is translated into English as what, according to Penryn’s Spanish teacher?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)