|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penryn says that her father has a master’s degree in what subject in Chapter 10?
(d) Musical composition.
2. How tall does Penryn say she is in Chapter 5?
3. The angel’s sword that Penryn spies by the car where she hides in Chapter 3 is described as having a blade that is how long?
(a) 2 feet long.
(b) 4 feet long.
(c) 1 foot long.
(d) 3 feet long.
4. What is the name of the man that Penryn says was their neighbor until a week ago in Chapter 5?
5. What kind of knives is Penryn hiding in her boots and her sister’s wheelchair pockets in Chapter 1?
(a) Butterfly knives.
(b) Steak knives.
(d) Meat cleavers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penryn says in Chapter 10, “Giving him a name makes it sound like we’re somehow on the same side, which we can never be. It’s like acknowledging that we could become friends. But that’s not possible. It’s pointless to make friends with” what?
2. Penryn says that after Paige became paralyzed, her mother enrolled her in self-defense classes at a martial arts studio. Penryn’s mother prepaid for Penryn’s lessons in cash for how many years worth of training?
3. The main artery of town in Chapter 2 is described as “El Camino Real” which is translated into English as what, according to Penryn’s Spanish teacher?
4. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
5. Where does Penryn describe seeing television footage of angels “plucking a military helicopter out of the sky and tossing it into” the crowd in Chapter 2?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)