|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Penryn in the novel?
2. Penryn says that after Paige became paralyzed, her mother enrolled her in self-defense classes at a martial arts studio. Penryn’s mother prepaid for Penryn’s lessons in cash for how many years worth of training?
3. What is the “gang symbol” that is nailed to the front door of Penryn’s family’s condo building in Chapter 2?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A feather.
(c) A star.
(d) A rabbit’s foot.
4. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword when she picks it up in Chapter 4?
(a) She throws it to her sister, Paige.
(b) She throws it to her mother.
(c) She throws it to the angel that’s being attacked.
(d) She uses it to stab the attacking angel.
5. What kind of knives is Penryn hiding in her boots and her sister’s wheelchair pockets in Chapter 1?
(a) Meat cleavers.
(b) Steak knives.
(d) Butterfly knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the company sign at the office building where Penryn hides with the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
2. When the angel with the snowy wings rolls off the crushed car in Chapter 3, Penryn says that his athletic grace reminds her of what animal she once saw on TV?
3. What name does Penryn call the angel that cuts off the snowy-winged angel’s wings in Chapter 3?
4. Penryn says that her father has a master’s degree in what subject in Chapter 10?
5. What is Penryn’s last name in the novel?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)