|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penryn says in Chapter 2 that her sister Paige has been a vegetarian since what age?
2. How old is Penryn in the novel?
3. How old does Penryn say Paige was when she became crippled in Chapter 7?
4. What does Penryn say her mother has stuffed in every pocket of her sweater and jacket as well as in her cart in Chapter 1?
(b) Rotten eggs.
(c) Butter knives.
(d) Tea spoons.
5. Penryn describes a seven-foot blow up creature by the cubicles in the office building where she hides in Chapter 6. What is the creature?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the company sign at the office building where Penryn hides with the wounded angel in Chapter 6?
2. What is the “gang symbol” that is nailed to the front door of Penryn’s family’s condo building in Chapter 2?
3. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
4. Penryn tells her mother when they leave the condo in Chapter 1 to keep running down El Camino until she reaches what street?
5. Penryn says that after Paige became paralyzed, her mother enrolled her in self-defense classes at a martial arts studio. Penryn’s mother prepaid for Penryn’s lessons in cash for how many years worth of training?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)