|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penryn says that after Paige became paralyzed, her mother enrolled her in self-defense classes at a martial arts studio. Penryn’s mother prepaid for Penryn’s lessons in cash for how many years worth of training?
2. What does Penryn say her mother has stuffed in every pocket of her sweater and jacket as well as in her cart in Chapter 1?
(a) Tea spoons.
(c) Butter knives.
(d) Rotten eggs.
3. What phrase does Penryn decide is an oxymoron as she fights the wingless angel in Chapter 8?
(a) "Personal victory."
(b) "Angel of mercy."
(c) "Sympathetic shoulder."
(d) "Jumbo shrimp."
4. What angel does Penryn describe seeing gunned down from “the pile of rubble that was Jerusalem” on television in Chapter 2?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Penryn says that since the attacks the sunsets have been glorious. “Outside our condo window, the sky flames like a bruised” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Penryn tells her mother when they leave the condo in Chapter 1 to keep running down El Camino until she reaches what street?
2. Where does Penryn describe seeing television footage of angels “plucking a military helicopter out of the sky and tossing it into” the crowd in Chapter 2?
3. How old is Penryn in the novel?
4. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword when she picks it up in Chapter 4?
5. What mental disorder is Penryn’s mother said to have in Chapter 5?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)