|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Raffe unable to lift his sword in Chapter 41?
(a) It rejects him because he has become a mortal human.
(b) It rejects him because he has been decapitated.
(c) It rejects him because of the wings that have been attached to him.
(d) It rejects him because he has sold his soul to the Devil.
2. In Chapter 25, Raffe tells Penryn that a group of angels were stationed on Earth to observe humans. Some of these angels got lonely and took human wives. What were the hybrid children called?
3. As Penryn inwardly negotiates her options in Chapter 17, she realizes that if Raffe “tells the other angels and they kill off the movement, I'll be the” what “of my kind”?
(a) "Benedict Arnold."
4. Penryn says in Chapter 25 that what highway is a main artery into San Francisco, and the location where Penryn first hears a working truck in the novel?
(a) Highway 78.
(b) Highway 45.
(c) Highway 280.
(d) Highway 66.
5. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
(a) Anna Smith.
(b) Chrissy Ross.
(c) Sarah Anderson.
(d) Misty Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the albino angel say Laylah’s position is in Chapter 31?
2. In Chapter 46, Penryn says, “The pain is fading. It's starting to feel more like I was hit with an economy car running a stop sign as opposed to” what?
3. When Paige appears in Chapter 37, she crawls out of a pile of what?
4. The scanty dress that Raffe hands Penryn to change into in the SUV reminds her of a dress she borrowed from what friend when she talked her into going clubbing with her in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 9, Penryn describes the blood seeping through the angel’s bandages as appearing like what kind of patterns on his back?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)