|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lungu while he is at school?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is hired.
2. Who begs the women for their political advice?
(a) Counselor Duma.
3. What is Lungu's real name?
4. Whom does Jezile murder?
(a) A bank robber.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A counselor.
5. What does the foreman request Jezile do for him?
(a) Wash his laundry.
(b) Grow fresh tomamtoes.
(c) Paint his house.
(d) Polish his shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds a lawyer at Jezile and MaBiyela's request?
2. Siyalo sent to prison for ____ years?
3. Does Jezile worry about her fate?
4. Who is MaNgidi?
5. Why does Jezile become afraid to return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is having multiple babies close together viewed as a bad thing in Jezile's village?
2. Why do the people of the village distrust Counselor Duma?
3. How does Lungu overcome his disabilities to become a doctor?
4. How does Jezile react to seeing S'naye's condition after she returns from prison?
5. Why does Siyalo want a job so badly?
6. List three of the clothing items Jezile sews for money.
7. List three of the items Jezile most commonly purchases for her family.
8. Why does Jezile feel shamed of her second pregnancy?
9. How do Jezile and the other women feel when they are first released from prison?
10. What happens to Jezile and MaBiyela's relationship after Jezile returns from prison?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)