|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jezile lose weight during her pregnancy?
(a) Because she is unable to purchase food.
(b) Because she is forced to work.
(c) Because she becomes a vegetarian.
(d) Because she goes on a diet.
2. Whom does Jezile murder?
(a) A bank robber.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A counselor.
(d) A neighbor.
3. What does Jezile do to make money for her children in Chapter 14?
4. What is different about Jezile's youngest child?
(a) He is half Asian.
(b) He is half American Indian.
(c) He is half white.
(d) He is half Latino.
5. Who does Jezile live with in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police intimidate the community residents?
2. Why is Jezile shocked when she returns home?
3. Why is the military called to the village?
4. Who is with Jezile when she gives birth to her second child?
5. Who does Jezile blame for S'naye's health?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Siyalo want a job so badly?
2. Describe Lungu.
3. How do Jezile and the other women feel when they are first released from prison?
4. List three of the clothing items Jezile sews for money.
5. Why does Jezile feel uncomfortable around the white foreman?
6. How does Lungu overcome his disabilities to become a doctor?
7. Describe MaSibiya.
8. List three of the items Jezile most commonly purchases for her family.
9. Why does Jezile feel shamed of her second pregnancy?
10. Why does Jezile feel sad when she looks at S'naye's frilly dress?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)