|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds a lawyer at Jezile and MaBiyela's request?
(c) Counselor Duma.
2. Why does Jezile lose weight during her pregnancy?
(a) Because she is unable to purchase food.
(b) Because she is forced to work.
(c) Because she becomes a vegetarian.
(d) Because she goes on a diet.
3. What time of year does Jezile have her third child?
4. Who is with Jezile when she gives birth to her second child?
(c) No one.
5. How does Jezile get land of her own?
(a) Jezile saves up money and buys it herself.
(b) Mabiyela gives it to her.
(c) The chief of MaSibiya's village gives it to her.
(d) Siyalo buys it with his prison wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Jezile tell Siyalo about her pregnancy as soon as she returns from prison?
2. Why is the military called to the village?
3. How does Potgieter treat Jezile?
4. What type of personality does Chief Siyapi have?
5. Siyalo sent to prison for ____ years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Potgieter.
2. What does S'naye look like when Jezile returns from prison?
3. How do Jezile and the other women feel when they are first released from prison?
4. Why does Jezile dread Siyalo's return?
5. What are Jezile and MaBiyela's beliefs when it comes to Siyalo's imprisonment?
6. List three of the clothing items Jezile sews for money.
7. Why do the soldiers bring the charred bodies of Counselor Duma's family out to the hillside?
8. What are the young women in Jezile's village like?
9. Describe MaSibiya.
10. Why does Nomawa stop by Jezile's house at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)