|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the living conditions like in the city?
2. Where does Zenzile want to go when her labor begins?
(a) The chief's hut.
(b) The city.
(c) The woods.
(d) The hospital.
3. What does Jezile discover while in prison?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is being cheated on.
(c) She is aging too quickly.
(d) She is losing money.
4. How much time passes between Chapters 4 and 5?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few years.
5. How does Nosizwe react to hearing about Jezile's pass?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the pass Jezile got for her trip to visit Siyalo?
2. Who replaces the chief in power?
3. Why does Jezile have to choose between family and politics?
4. What happens when Siyalo comes home?
5. Why does Jezile want a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jezile and the other women feel about passes?
2. What happens to Nosizwe's hands while doing hard labor?
3. Describe Mthebe.
4. What are some of the preparations Jezile makes to ensure her baby's birth goes smoothly?
5. What are the officials of BAD like?
6. What signals Jezile that she might be pregnant while in prison?
7. What are some of the hardships Siyalo, MaBiyela, and S'naye experience while Jezile is in prison?
8. How do the women feel when Nosizwe is first separated from them?
9. Describe MaBiyela.
10. Describe Zenzile.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)