|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jezile become angry with Zenzile's family?
(a) Because they do not listen to her.
(b) Because they did not help Zenzile in time.
(c) Because they took all of Zenzile's money.
(d) Because they took away Zenzile's children.
2. Who is Zenzile?
(a) Jezile's cousin.
(b) Jezile's friend.
(c) Jezile's enemy.
(d) Jezile's sister.
3. Where does Jezile attend a protest?
4. How does Jezile feel after her first child is born?
5. What do the women decide to do when they learn of the passes they are to receive?
(a) They vow to run away.
(b) They vow to treasure them.
(c) They vow to agree to the terms.
(d) They vow to not accept them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zenzile plan to have her baby?
2. Why does Jezile want a child?
3. Where does Mthebe work?
4. Why does the clerk initially refuse to let Jezile visit her husband?
5. What do the women get together to create?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jezile.
2. Why does Jezile travel to Ixopo at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. Why does Jezile feel jealous of Siyalo at the end of Chapter 7?
4. How do Jezile and the other women feel about passes?
5. How do the people of the village react to the exile of Chief Siyoka?
6. Who does S'naye look like when she is a baby?
7. Why do the women sing hymns while in prison?
8. How do women in Jezile's village typically give birth?
9. How does Jezile react to Zenzile's death from childbirth?
10. What happens while Nosizwe is isolated in her prison cell?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)