|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the rest of the women in prison?
(a) All choices are correct.
(b) Some are made to undress infront of guards.
(c) Some are verbally abused.
(d) Some are taken away to be raped.
2. What happens when Jezile returns home?
(a) She is met with boredom.
(b) She is met with fanfare.
(c) She never returns home.
(d) She is met with distain.
3. Who does Jezile visit before she leaves the city?
(a) Siyalo's mother.
(b) Siyalo's sister.
(c) Zenzile's husband.
(d) Zenzile's sister.
4. Does Jezile realize the circumstances she left S'naye in when she was sent to prison?
(a) Jezile never goes to prison.
(d) It is never clear.
5. Where is Zenzile's husband when Zenzile goes into labor?
(a) In the country.
(b) In the city.
(c) With Zenzile.
(d) At the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women get together to create?
2. Who is MaBiyela?
3. What do the women decide to do when they learn of the passes they are to receive?
4. What does Jezile present the doctor with?
5. Who is with Zenzile when Jezile visits in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signals Jezile that she might be pregnant while in prison?
2. Why does Jezile have a difficult time doing her duties?
3. What happens to Nosizwe's hands while doing hard labor?
4. What are Zenzile's feelings about pregnancy?
5. How do the women feel when Nosizwe is first separated from them?
6. How does Jezile react to Zenzile's death from childbirth?
7. What are the officials of BAD like?
8. Why do the women sing hymns while in prison?
9. What are some of the preparations Jezile makes to ensure her baby's birth goes smoothly?
10. How does Jezile feel when she is finally able to love Siyalo in privacy while in Durban?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)