|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Siyalo comes home?
(a) He runs away with Zenzile.
(b) He ignores Jezile.
(c) He steals milk.
(d) He meets his first child.
2. What kind of personality does Mabiyela have?
3. How does Jezile feel when she returns home?
4. What happens to S'naye's health while Jezile is away?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It degrades.
(c) It improves.
(d) Jezile is never away from S'naye.
5. Why does Jezile decide to see her husband?
(a) So she can surprise him.
(b) So she can get money.
(c) So she can get pregnant.
(d) So she can gain respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trouble does Siyalo get into while in the city?
2. Why does Nosizwe lecture Jezile?
3. What does Jezile present the doctor with?
4. Who replaces the chief in power?
5. What happens to the women at the protest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Nosizwe is isolated in her prison cell?
2. How does Jezile feel when she realizes she is pregnant?
3. Describe the conditions of Jezile and Siyalo's first night in Durban.
4. What are some of the preparations Jezile makes to ensure her baby's birth goes smoothly?
5. Describe Mthebe.
6. How do Jezile and the other women feel about passes?
7. How do women in Jezile's village typically give birth?
8. What happens to Nosizwe's hands while doing hard labor?
9. Why does Jezile feel jealous of Siyalo at the end of Chapter 7?
10. What signals Jezile that she might be pregnant while in prison?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)