|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will most likely happen to Jezile as result of her murdering a man?
(a) She will be let go out of self defense.
(b) She will be praised as a hero.
(c) She will be sent to prison or killed.
(d) She will be cast out of society.
2. Who steals from the white man's cows?
(c) Counselor Duma.
3. What is Jezile's financial state at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) She is rich.
(b) She is poor.
(c) Jezile's financial state does not change.
(d) She is comfortable.
4. Whom does Jezile murder?
(a) A bank robber.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A counselor.
(d) A neighbor.
5. Why is the military called to the village?
(a) Because of the house burnings.
(b) Because of the women's rights protests.
(c) Because Jezile called them.
(d) Because of a protest against taxation.
6. Who do the people no longer trust by Chapter 11?
(a) Counselor Duma.
7. What happens to Jezile while she is living at Potgieter's home?
(a) She is raped.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is freed.
(d) She is murdered.
8. Wo claims Jezile is unfaithful to her husband?
9. Who is with Jezile when she gives birth to her second child?
(a) No one.
10. What is Lungu's real name?
11. Siyalo sent to prison for ____ years?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
12. What happens to Lungu while he is at school?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is hired.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is shot.
13. Who does Jezile blame for S'naye's health?
14. What is being stolen from the white man's cows?
15. When is Ndondo baptized?
(b) When she is one year old.
(c) At birth.
(d) When she is a teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Mountain Committee?
2. Why does Siyalo become depressed after the rainfall?
3. What does Jezile do to make money for her children in Chapter 14?
4. Who does Jezile live with in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Jezile worry that she will lose her children?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)