|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the foreman request Jezile do for him?
(a) Polish his shoes.
(b) Paint his house.
(c) Grow fresh tomamtoes.
(d) Wash his laundry.
2. Where does Jezile go when she first returns home?
(a) Her mother's home.
(b) Her sister's home.
(c) Siyalo's brother's home.
(d) MaBiyela's home.
3. What is The Mountain Committee?
(a) A group of people who protest against animal testing.
(b) A group of farmers who live on the ruined land and grow corn.
(c) A group of people who fight back and create their own government.
(d) A group of farmers who raise cattle for milk.
4. Who is Jezile afraid to be alone with?
5. Does Jezile worry about her fate?
(a) Jezile has no fate.
(b) A little.
6. What does S'naye study to be?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A chef.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A nurse.
7. How does Jezile feel when she learns of the theft from the white man's cows?
8. What happens when Siyalo is released from prison?
(a) Jezile's daughters run away.
(b) Jezile's daughters are married off.
(c) Jezile's daughters go to work.
(d) Jezile's daughters are taken away.
9. Why do Jezile and S'naye travel to Ixopo?
(a) To find new jobs.
(b) To protest new laws.
(c) To tell Siyalo about what happened.
(d) To get Lungu back from school.
10. What does Ndondo become while in school?
(a) A hall monitor.
(b) An activist.
(c) A teacher's aid.
(d) A tutor.
11. Who informs Jezile of Ndondo's presence in the country?
12. When is Ndondo baptized?
(a) At birth.
(b) When she is one year old.
(c) When she is a teenager.
13. What happens to Jezile while she is living at Potgieter's home?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She is freed.
14. What does Jezile buy with the money she earns?
(a) Sharp cheese.
(b) Sweet tea.
(c) Powered milk.
(d) Fresh bread.
15. How does Jezile obtain firewood?
(a) By working for it.
(b) By stealing it.
(c) By trading for it.
(d) By chopping it herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Siyalo at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Why is the military called to the village?
3. How much money is left after Jezile purchases the needed goods for her children?
4. How does Jezile get land of her own?
5. What time of day do Ndondo, S'naye, and Jezile have their reunion?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)