|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Siyalo attempts to get a job?
(a) He is shipped away.
(b) He is refused.
(c) He is hired.
(d) He is arrested.
2. Why do Jezile and S'naye travel to Ixopo?
(a) To find new jobs.
(b) To tell Siyalo about what happened.
(c) To protest new laws.
(d) To get Lungu back from school.
3. What happens when Siyalo is released from prison?
(a) Jezile's daughters are married off.
(b) Jezile's daughters run away.
(c) Jezile's daughters go to work.
(d) Jezile's daughters are taken away.
4. What does the foreman request Jezile do for him?
(a) Paint his house.
(b) Grow fresh tomamtoes.
(c) Wash his laundry.
(d) Polish his shoes.
5. What does Jezile do to make money for her children in Chapter 14?
6. Who tells Jezile about the road crew that sets up near the village?
(b) Counselor Duma.
7. Why does Jezile lose weight during her pregnancy?
(a) Because she goes on a diet.
(b) Because she becomes a vegetarian.
(c) Because she is forced to work.
(d) Because she is unable to purchase food.
8. Who does Jezile live with in Chapter 14?
9. Who does Jezile blame for S'naye's health?
10. How do Jezile and the others get home from prison?
11. What is being stolen from the white man's cows?
12. Why does Potgieter attempt to win Jezile's affections?
(a) Beacuse he feels bad about what happened to her.
(b) Because he wants to make his wife jealous.
(c) Because he wants a friend.
(d) Because he is bored and has nothing else to do.
13. Where is Lungu sent to school?
(c) Cape Town.
14. Who discovers Jezile's pregnancy first?
15. What happens to S'naye when Ndondo and Jezile leave?
(a) She is asaulted.
(b) She is robbed.
(c) She is murdered.
(d) She is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year does Jezile have her third child?
2. Why does Jezile worry that she will lose her children?
3. Who is MaNgidi?
4. What will most likely happen to Jezile as result of her murdering a man?
5. What does S'naye study to be?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)